Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crash74
May 11, 2009

Just got done watching The Front Line on Netflix and it has to be the hands down best war movie I have seen in years. The Front Line takes place during "peace" talks in the final months of the Korean war. The story starts with a Korean officer being sent to the front lines to investigate a report of a unit leader being K.I.A. with a bullet to the head from a allied pistol. As you can guess things quickly go down hill from there.

It reminds me of starship troopers or the forever war books where the main characters are put into a impossible situation that looks pretty much like a meat blender where the people freazing there asses off in the trenches have lost all preconception about the political justification for the war. The interesting twist in this one is that it covers the north and the south and the units from both sides tasked with capturing the hill. Both units slog it out and the hill changes hands over 30 times with a twist They start burying food in the bottom of a bunker in the hill and as each side retakes the hill they exchange things, with the peace talks finally signed and the war over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGBAAKZiUk8 -the trailer really does not do this movie justice

Edit: "loving Pohang"

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread