Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

astr0man posted:

A Werewolf Boy - this was on that instawatcher list, it's cute but kind of weirs

Yo this was cute but it's hella sad too.

I need to watch more Kim Ki-Duk though, really liked Time and 3-Iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I just got back from watching The Handmaiden a second time. The first time I just went with my SO, but the second time I managed to drag along five other friends to watch it with me.

Man, I was extremely impressed with this movie. I read Fingersmith in high school, and I never imagined that it would ever get a movie adaptation, much less from Park Chan-Wook! I was really looking forward to this the moment it was announced. While it's been a while since I last read the book, I do think that the final act of the movie was pretty different, but I think I prefer the movie version of it. I didn't expect the romance to as sweet as it was, and I think everyone involved pulled that off very well. It's a really visceral film too, I really liked the care taken in both the presentation and setting...made everything feel textured and lush. Hopefully a blu ray comes out soon with it because I'm snapping that up asap.

I also heard that there's apparently an extended edition or a director's cut? Hopefully that makes its way stateside.

• Locked thread