Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Seom aka The Isle (2000) was the first movie by Kim Ki-duk I experienced and probably still my favourite together with Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003). Kim Ki-duk is a loving master when it comes to cinematography and the silence. And fish hooks...

Another absolutely fantastic South Korean movie that seems to be kinda little known to the masses is Pasookkoon aka Bleak Night (2010). These words from a review on imdb fits quite well I think:

"'Bleak Night' is about despair, guilt and ultimately coming to terms with how one's actions impact others. And in that it achieves nothing short of brilliance."

I did not read anything or watched any trailers before I watched it and perhaps that made it even better. Do yourself a favour and seek this movie up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread