Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Can this be a catch-all thread for Asian films? I'm living in china right now so I'm trying to see a movie once in a while if there are English subs. I saw Jackie chan's Zodiac 12 last month and it had some cool action scenes, but was pretty preachy about anti-looting of relics (as if that's a major issue these days). I know the gov't gives extra money or makes less red tape or something if you're preachy, but this seemed to drag out a while. Maybe it just seemed bad because I was still really hung over and kept having to puke every 30 mins.

Speak of movies in china, Skyfall was just as pretty as the 3 times I saw it in the states, and the only scene cut was the assassin killing 2 security guards. I heard the Chinese subs didn't mention torture or prostitution though. Cloud Atlas was butchered though, with 25% cut for no good reason. Jack Reacher comes out here in few days, I wonder what they'll cut. Same with Hobbit, it comes a week later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Just popping in for 1 more quick China post.

Couldn't find articles about censorship of these movies:
Saw Jack Reacher last week and didn't notice any censorship, but I didn't see it in America to compare. Good movie, looked nice on a big screen.
Saw The Hobbit twice this week, again didn't notice any censorship, but nothing to compare.

We have Les Mis and Dredd coming out this week, and I did see Dredd in the states so if I notice any censorship I'll edit this post.

Anyone know of any Chinese movies with English subs out now/soon?

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 28, 2013

• Locked thread