Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm trying to find the name of a South Korean movie I saw snippets of on AMC recently (around a month ago). It starred some sort of former cop or government agent who had his wife or girlfriend die in a car bomb in front of him. There was a scene where he was handcuffed and interrogated by clumsy-ish cops, and escaped when someone made a distraction for him. The movie ended with a rad fight scene where he was wearing a black suit and wielding a knife, taking out tons of goons and finally the villain. At the end he had a scene with a young girl, presumably the person he was trying to rescue.

I kind of tuned in and out, and it being on at like 3 a.m. didn't help, but I liked the bits I saw and want to check it out in full. If this sounds like a movie you've seen, I could use a point in the right direction. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah yep that's totally it. Good job, glad I asked the A team.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I just watched Unbowed, and drat I've never seen a kangaroo court like that. I kept hoping the prosecutor would at least motion to drop the charges or something. I couldn't believe it when The prosecutor's admitted that there was no proof at all the crime happened, and the judge was just like "good enough for me!" It's not the happy ending where he throws his innocence in everyone's face and gets acquitted, but I do take solace in that he only served his original 4 year sentence and spent a big chunk of his sentence throwing eggs at the judicial system.

Overall a good movie, I give it a solid B grade.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is it mostly a courtroom drama?

The focus is on a court case, but there's a lot of scenes outside the court that build up the lawyer's character and scenes of the accused in jail, etc. For me the highlight was watching him straight up shame people by quoting law statutes at them, but only around 25% of the movie takes place in the courtroom.

• Locked thread