Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Artelier posted:

I saw the Wailing last week and it was great! We stayed out for like another hour trying to piece together the plot though. I like how instead of seeing all the horror, instead it mostly focused on the main character and his increasing helplessness to the situation.

I'm pretty sure no matter what the Japanese and shaman were definitely evil, but my group couldn't reach a consensus on whether the woman was evil or not. I argued she was good because of the wilting flower imagery and when the shaman did the ritual the daughter was the one that was mostly attacked, not the Jap, which led me to believe that the woman had possessed her to help her out. But then she also stole stuff...but when the main character went home the flowers wiltedAAAAARGH

This video cleared up a lot of things for me and made me notice some details I missed. It also goes in the Korean ghost folklore that the movie is based on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjp2YIk798

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread