Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
It would be good to keep this near the top, new thread, so here is a link to the Korean Film Archive's youtube page. A reminder that Korea had a film industry before 1995 or whenever it was that CJ entertainment started buying up all the theatres and the screen quota was enforced. And it occasionally produced some remarkable films, some of which are available here. It's all free, everything is English subtitled, some are in 720 or 1080p, and there's some fantastic stuff on there, including:

Black Republic
Chilsu and Mansu
A Fine Windy Day
Seaside Village
Aimless Bullet
Woman of Fire
Seopyeonje
The Day a Pig Fell Into The Well

They also sell DVD's of most of the films on there and more as well, packaged as thoughtfully for the English speaker (but no one else...) as their youtube page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
She did Virgin Forest which i found very impressive. It's a slow, sparse and towards the end very experimental docu-fiction thing on grieving - how much is enough, how much gets through, how should one go about it - with concern paid to how gender affects things. Definite promise of great things to come, and your and others' report of Night Song make it seem like that's been met. She's made one other film called Echo of the Dragon but i haven't seen it yet.

http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Hyun-Jung_-_director is a page on her. Night song isn't up on there yet.

The podcast Korean Cinema Today did a nice interview with her a while ago (in English). Episode 32 on this page here.

• Locked thread