Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

The office shootout showed some daring action camerawork and a lot of John Woo flair, as did the action in general, but besides that, everything else is kind of dull. It doesn't help that the protagonist is a total bore and his love interest seems rather... slow.

Yep. The movie slows to a complete crawl when it isn't dealing with office politics and - although it doesn't go quite far enough - subverting the typical hitman film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Flython posted:

I'm trying to track down a film recommended by one of the podcasts I listen to. From what I remember a woman finds the perfect apartment and decides to kill the other prospective buyers.

Glad I found this thread again, guess it's time to finally watch I Saw the Devil.

That sounds a lot like Hide and Seek.

Unfortunately, it's not very good.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

wdarkk posted:

So I noticed My Way on iTunes and was wondering, is it good?

I thought it was pretty horrible.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Stay far, far away from the recent string of soulless action/revenge thrillers that include Commitment, Hwayi: The Monster Boy, Hide and Seek, The Suspect and Monster.

They're all horrible.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

Is Stoker worth checking out? I've seen and enjoyed the majority of Park's other movies, but the trailer for this one didn't really grab me.

Stoker is really a beautiful film (almost) wasted on an amateur (quite literally - it's the guy from Prisonbreak) screenwriter.

• Locked thread