Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
The difference with The WarZ is that a bunch of the "features" in the description were just outright lies, the game was still in beta or something and wasn't actually supposed to be put up on Steam yet, and the game is terrible for a lot of other reasons.

I'm not sure why Wizardry was delisted from Steam, maybe it wasn't meant to go up yet, or maybe the influx of players seeing a new F2P MMO on Steam brought in unforeseen stress on the server and they needed to take it off the list to slow things down while they work on a fix, or something like that.

This is an MMO launch, it's frustrating, sure, but kind of expected. The only thing that makes it worse than other MMO launches is the fact that rubber banding didn't exist on day one, but something broke during maintenance and it's been near unplayable ever since, and the last maintenance didn't seem to help anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I can't believe how much easier the game has gotten as a mage without the rubber banding.

Fighters are still ridiculously powerful, survivable, and seem objectively better than every other class, but I'm enjoying myself a lot more as a mage now that I actually have the ability to dodge and cast spells without worrying about reappearing in the center of a dozen enemies.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Would a mage or thief be more useful to a party later on, do you think? If I'm going to group up I want to do more than just throw fireballs. :colbert:

People keep saying that mages have insane DPS later on, and the supportive skill tree has some nice looking debuffs, though I'm not sure how useful they'll be since there's not much information on the game in English yet.

It seems like they exist as the pure DPS class though, I'd imagine that end-game mages do some pretty crazy damage and little else, but I've seen videos of fighters soloing huge bosses just as fast as a mage so I really have no idea.

Play whatever you think is more fun I guess, I've seen a ton of fighters and thieves but very few priests and mages, I couldn't see a party having trouble recruiting a thief, but mages will be harder to come by, provided they're actually useful.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I just realized that there's an Adventurers' Guild table outside the dungeon entrance that has a huge list of missions you can accept for pretty much every area.

I thought I just missed something that was obvious to other people, but everyone I was partying with immediately ran back to town to grab the missions when I mentioned it, so I thought I should bring it up here just in case some other people accidentally ignore it.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I was away for a week or so because my motherboard died, I'm back now and I'm still planning on playing the game for a while.

The only problem for me is that I really desperately want my main to be a mage, but I also want to be useful, so you can see my dilemma.

I'm at the Golden Dragon ruins 2nd(2th?) floor and I think the group of creepy but reliable pubs I was playing with has gotten way past there now, and might not be up for redoing it, so if anyone wants to group up and help pull my pathetic fireball-throwing elf through a couple dungeons, I'd be super grateful.

• Locked thread