Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I downloaded this last night at work after only just finding out about it due to a Twitch TV stream of it. I loved me some Wizardry as a kid, so I grabbed it immediately.

I tried to connect to it when I got home from work, and again before I left for work tonight. In a total of like an hour and 20 minutes worth of attempts, I got to the server selection screen twice, at which point it immediately disconnected me when I tried to connect. All the other attempts sat on the connect screen for like 10 minutes until it returned an error that the authorization server was full. :saddowns:

Is there a fix for this, or are the servers literally that swamped (and/or crappy) that I just have to keep brute forcing the login for hours to try and get in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Shlapintogan posted:

The servers are swamped and there are apparently some internal issues that need ironing out. If we could stay connected and not have some hideous rubberbanding, I'd be totally okay with having to wait a little while at the connection screen, but unfortunately, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'd give it a little while. If the servers aren't pulled back down, people should eventually get tired of hammering the poo poo out of the servers and go to bed or something, which should open them up to the rest of us.

Thanks for the advice. I'm stuck at work until 6am EST, so maybe it'll be sorted out enough I can at least create a character when I get hom.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Explorer Ezreal, is that you?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well, the maintenance made it so my time between login attempts (and finding out the authorization server is full) is down to like 3 minutes from 10. So that's a plus. :v:

Still wouldn't mind actually being able to play though. :argh:

• Locked thread