Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Mkv is the best container for hd content and multichannel audio as well as multiple audio tracks . This ain't hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Reminder that pagan cow literally camps armour in q1

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Cryin Burnigan posted:

I've been putting all my mkv files into mp4 for my new appletv so that i don't need to use an iOS device for airplay. xmedia recode is great takes like 3min to turn an mkv into an mp4 that plays on everything instead of mkv which is locked to the computer or plex

woah is it a passthrough or something bc everything i've seen has been gay 'reencode the poo poo out of everything or at the very least just the audio for no reason'

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

Its all loving annoying and the end result is use pro as gently caress ps3 media server to transcode computerside and stream it to your tv device (it works with more than just ps3)

This is only a good solution if you have a computer on all the time

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

pagancow posted:

Starcraft 2 uses Divx (mpeg-4 license) to encode their videos because they aren't afraid to use some rams.

quality is still bad because lol divx

~my macroblocks~

Wait what I thought it just saved replay data which you need to capture in game to make video

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Nobody wants an obscure container what are you talking about. Scenes killed everything but x264 in mp4 for a reason

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
voted gomplayer for glorious corea

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
lol """""""""""amateur photographers""""""""""""""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
why dont all those scene faggots just decide on wht video codec and container to put poo poo in then everything would be able to play on whatever oh wait they tried this but freetard faggots inisted on keeping poo poo that wasnt mp4

• Locked thread