Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

human beings only have two ears

this is pretty binaural-normative imo

some people have no ears, or one ear

if you have 3 ears though kill yourself, or at least get rid of the unsightly ear on your forehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
Shinx's favorite container is flash for them homestuck cartoon animes

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i hate people that use unaliased fonts in their terminals

like smooth a font bro. subpixel that poo poo

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

AtomD posted:

mkv is a slut that'll put any old thing inside itself so people who make devices that are supposed to play video files tend not to support it
you can encode video with something like dirac and mkv will happily contain it but devices will go "i can't deal with this who the gently caress uses dirac"

mp4 otoh is v faithful and will only accept a h.264 and stuff

whats the difference between a container and a codec? i thought i just had video files? :confused:

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

DNova posted:

a codec is like, mpegs and poo poo, and a container is a dvd or a hard drive or whatever your movies are on

my movies are on windows media player

hey can you guys help me put a movie into a powerpoint? its on my boss's phone (it's from the christmas party). i think he has a samsung droid. tia

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i guess the powerpoint is the codec, and the phone is the container?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

ahmeni posted:

i tried to put together a 5184x3456 video file out of jpeg frames for a time lapse and nothing would build to that size because apparently its larger than the spec for loving mp4 or something and ugh christ i hate video

did you try mencoder? i think it'll just lossy compress to the bitrate you set, and you can set it super high maybe?

• Locked thread