Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Sad to hear about CMJ, he was a great commentator. I thought Blowers would be next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The field placement, the bowling and the way Wade was batting felt like a T20 game.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Bird's run up looks unnecessarily long.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
But he's eccentric! And has a bent finger!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
In talks?
Taylor: "Can i play for your 2nd XI?"
Sussex: "How sweet! Now back to the kitchen with you, madam!"

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Finn is a liability until he can fix his delivery. It's not hard to start 6" wider.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
This is some monumentally dull cricket, India trying to bore Australia into submission while waiting for the pitch to make a ball misbehave. Clarke was probably out too if they'd had DRS, what a shame. Hope he makes a triple ton now.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

thehappyprince posted:

Yeah it was the 'Broad back into form' bit that I took issue with. As if it doesn't matter about what players are actually doing in matches because the favourites are just going to get picked anyway on the basis of what might happen if the stars align for them.

It's the kind of nonsense that kept Harmison around for so long when he was obviously The World's Blubberingest Vagina and got Giles picked for potential runs down the order.

It's loving stupid and I want to go on record as saying it's stupid and I don't like it.

It was just a silly Sky advert for the Ashes, it had Botham adding "with his bat" to the Broad comment.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The TMS tribute to CMJ was great.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If 4 of the 5 days are forecast to be rained off there should be some way to move the Test to another location, or postpone it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

You Am I posted:

gently caress the way you Poms are going on in this thread you'd think your team was winning. God you lot are a pack of snarky bastards

I think you'll find we invented the game and were #1 in the world for a few days last year so we can say what we want.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Even the Indian commentator that ITV have rolled out for the IPL admits he hasn't a clue who some of the Sunrisers' (Deccan Chargers) Indian players are. Top quality competition then.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

goatface posted:

One franchise down for the IPL after arguments with the BCCI about money:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/637032.html

Could they be the first little stones that precede the avalanche?

You've got to love this line: "We waited with confidence that such a sports body should have sportsmanship spirit". An Indian company saying that about the BCCI is hilarious.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Sounds like there should be a bit this afternoon.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

RideTheSpiral posted:

My weather forecast for today is 'not looking good for play'.

Say what you want about the IPL but at least games are never rained off.

It's just started raining again in Leeds.

IPL games absolutely are rained off.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I was just going to ask the same thing. Utterly pointless sending Prior out.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Cook really doesn't have a clue, does he? Defending a low total he continues to bowl someone who has just bowled 4 overs for 40. Numpty.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

RideTheSpiral posted:

This should be a good game. Anyone watching?

I'm listening on (the proper) TMS.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
WIndies keeper should be banned for the rest of the tournament.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Claimed a catch he clearly dropped, and got caught doing it by the square leg umpire.

VVV Yeah, pretty early on.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 7, 2013

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Wow, Ravi didn't promise lots only to throw his wicket away for once. That last bowler (Eranga?) has one seriously dodgy action on his slower ball.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
England must think so, it would explain them throwing their wickets away.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Knowing our luck, England will win the entire thing and Giles will be knighted and made coach in perpetuity.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm disgusted that Cook didn't chuck away our review on his wicket again.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
That's his older brother.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Broad to get a flashy ton here.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Finn doesn't have any loving idea does he? Worse than that, Cook is just letting it happen.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
How the gently caress are Australia going to get the innings lead here? The op should be changed so the England description is just the events of this morning, ripping through the Australian side for gently caress all and then giving a record-breaking debut to the number 11.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

-Spiffy- posted:

Also lungboy where is your brother?

Wuh?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Not a single yorker? loving shambles.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Burn Down Canberra posted:

No noise from snicko until it hits the pad. No hotspot in the follow through. Maybe your eyes are broken

There was nothing from snicko on Root's dismissal either, was there? Hotpsot has been show several times to not always work, even on clear edges.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
What a stupendously dull end after Agar showed everyone that the pitch is dead.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I wasn't looking for switch-hitting or anything, but they were hardly facing Warne and McGrath on a minefield. I also expect one or both of our batsmen to be out within half an hour tomorrow morning.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I missed half of the conversation, but I think Aggers just said the ICC have apologized for the Trott decision.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

-Spiffy- posted:

Apparently hes going to rap at lunchtime so there you go

Blowers' outfit today:

I poo poo you not.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Broad is infinitely more punchable than Swann.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
They keep harping on about listening to TMS on the iPlayer app, but i can never find 5 live extra on it. Anyone know where it is?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Finn could be in trouble unless he cleans up the tail.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
They had some Aussie ex-player on TMS for one of the teatime shows during the test after Broad didn't walk and he said that Aussies are taught not to walk from the day they pick up the bat. "The umpire is paid to make decisions so let him make them" or words to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Getting your job back after this would be fun every day.

• Locked thread