Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Supeerme posted:

So I just got Rome Gold on Steam and it gave me both Rome Gold and Vae Victus. Should I install both or just Rome Gold?

Install both. Vae victis really adds to the game and EUR is a great game that provides lots of different gameplay depending the country you pick (personnal fave is Pontus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Eh, as long as we keep DinoUniversais under wraps it's all good.

You have no idea how ready we are to buy this :D

Cycloneman posted:

Who do you plan to play as first when you get EU4? I'm going to play as the Inca and die horribly to the brutality of racist Swedes making it impossible for me to win. What about y'all?

Burgundy because an Empire that disapeared in a few days deserves better & because of Mary Gentle's books

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 28, 2013

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Beamed posted:

... but it's barely less fun than Rome.

I simply loved EU: Rome, it was load of fun (esp in mp but also in single player) different experience depending the country you pick and a shorter theatre. It had a few flaws but I never got why it had so much slack from the forums.

Sengoku I indeed never managed to get into but tbh I'm simply not interested in the period/area so I didn't try hard

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Lord Tywin posted:

So how does on get guys into forts? And why does my guys just stand around after battles not fleeing anywhere so my enemy can crush them over and over again?

You can give them an "order" to "Hide into fort" (it's a button on the army interface).

When defeated your armies should withdraw (except if they have no military access around) so might be a glitch ?

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Congratulations, you're Napoleon.

I laughed :)

Otherwhise yes, most of the units are just there for visual flavor but not sure people would be happier if all units were different

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
I wish this would fit

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Paradox Grand Strategy: posters face to face with their own preconceived hierarchy of cultural values and assumptions of gameplay worth

edit:

so is it podcat and you behind vic2 expansion dr? :)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Huge flanders, is it a nationalist mod? lol

related as I can't believe how much slack there has been against mote because it didn't include bulgaria 50 years before it existed O_o

edit: the ability to equip ships is great though and I wonder why noone thought of that before

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Gort posted:

Had a go of MOTE as Russia. Steamrolled Persia, made them a satellite state.

The Ottomans were at war with Austria, so I declared war on the Ottomans and took over a bunch of dominance targets from them - they barely even sent any troops my way.

Then I made peace with the Ottomans, let my war exhaustion go away, declared war on Austria and took my dominance targets from them as well.

I guess Sweden and Prussia won't be too tough to deal with.

Your biggest problem will be to push england and France out of dominance spot before game ends :)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Cowcatcher posted:

Darkrenown you should get your posts proof-read by Paradox PR because you're horrible at posting

If you were in a less Paradox-loving thread you'd be doing damage to your company with your lovely attitude

We like darkrenown with AA guns attached :D

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Oh yeah, it's super:

amazing, what camera did you use? looks like a game :p I want that as city view in EU4 ;)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

What games have you been playing? :raise:

too much sim city and cities in motion I fear ;)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

mmtt posted:

I want to play MotE MP with goons? What do I do ? Where do I go ?

e: mmtt on steam

added you feel free to pm me for a game when you see me on steam :) (same handle as here)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Westminster System posted:

Or in the case of the UK, rebuild it in exactly the same infuriating way it was constructed in the first place.

Because screw you, Hitler.

I'd have prefered that, most cities rebuilt post war have just been rebuilt quickly with little money and are ugly as hell

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

KoldPT posted:

Has anyone played MASTERS OF THE WORLD: GEOPOLITICAL SIMULATOR 3!!! here?

It seems like a vaguely interesting game.

Not paradox published but I only played the first one (mission president). It was bug ridden and they failed chosing between an amusing tone and a realistic one (to pass a law you had to do realistic things like talk with unions etc for months but on the other hand you could get hanged by an angry mob over a stupid event on a whim). Still playing a dictatorship was fun and I would like to see their progress but I won't pay 50$ for it

On topic, the new patch for MotE is out

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Pakled posted:

This We Are The World thing turned EvW from a disappointment into a disaster. It would be a cute idea for filling out the cabinets of tiny or ahistorical or separatist states for which not a whole lot of records exist, but they're accepting submissions for countries like Belgium and Canada and Finland for which a trip to Wikipedia should be sufficient for finding a ton of potential leaders of every available ideology.

I hope the inevitable failure of EvW doesn't deter Paradox from making a proper Cold War game in the future.

Yeah not sure why they are just not using a beta/alpha tester to do the necessary research and even fill in blanks in a more realistic way if needed instead of having people post their face to get included in game. Heck I don't wanna see gamers faces in my games :p

edit: for new game if it's a big one I'd guess HOI4 but I really secretly hope EU:R2

edit2: problem with EU:R2 is that I suppose Doomdark would be the lead which can't happen as he is busy with CK2. (or I'm just wrong and miracle happens who knows )
edit3: Shams said it's not Rome 2 so no miracles there :/

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 27, 2013

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Mustang posted:

Is EU Rome really that bad? It has a higher rating than all the other paradox titles other than CK2, EU 3 and 4, and HOI 2.

The only Paradox games I've played myself are CK2 and EU 3 and 4 and I'm looking for another Paradox game to get into and I really like the ancient setting.

It's definitely one of my favorite. Loved the political system differing per country, even the trade provided some fun as it provided some reasons to ask for other provinces.
The weak point was the colonisation system and barbarians that wasn't as fun as intended. But playing Pontus was hella lotof fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Tomn posted:

Centurion: Defender of Rome beat you to that.

That game and that "easter egg", how me and friends kept trying to get "Cleopatra". I'd so buy a remake (if they keep Cleopatra in)

• Locked thread