Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I just picked up CK2, and after the tutorials left me utterly confused, I've been watching some youtube tutorials which are great, so I'm just about ready to start a game. Any good, condensed points like "never start a land war in Asia" or "dont murder the pope" or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I saw that there is a Westeros mod for CK2. Is that as simple as putting the file somewhere and checking the box on the launcher, or is it more of a Total Conversion nightmare? Does it play well multiplayer? Is it solid/any good?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a download I can get without having to register for some forums I'll never use? the link in the OP goes there.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any tips on how to game the ruler designer in CK 2?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So things were going well until I had a massive Catholic uprising. Is there any way, when taking over a county to sack everyone there who's not your culture/religion and install your own without your happy vassals getting mad?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Allahu ackbar here I come. Multiple wives, too, right?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tomn posted:

Yep. Just remember, though: You can only revoke the DUCAL titles for free. They still keep all their counties.

Aw booo. If I conquer your rear end I want you gone.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Has anyone figured out what voodoo magic you need to do to get CK2 multi to work when people with identical versions and mods are getting different checksums, randomly? It seems like i bounce back and forth randomly, can get one person to connect but not another.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Allyn posted:

Are the checksums similar? The checksum actually changes every time you start a game of it, by one letter. Might be that. If they're completely different then somebody needs to verify the integrity of the game cache through Steam

AFLL for one, and ZFLL for the rest of us, when AFLL Restarts he gets AFLL. Why would the checksum change every game start!? How the hell are people supposed to connect up? Oh I'm on my second game start everybody start the game twice to join me. Whoops I started a third time!"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Darkrenown posted:

It doesn't change every restart, it goes back to normal when you restart. It changes when you resign back to the main menu from ingame and it's done to guarantee you need to restart rather than having leftover data that'd make you go out of sync.

ahhhhhhhh that makes sense

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/18/mod-of-the-week-after-the-end-for-crusader-kings-ii/

Really neat CK2 mod about the united states after a collapse. So medieval tech, but pseudo modern borders. Florida is dominated by people who worship Mickey, "The tribe of the mouse", etc.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Allyn posted:

...made by people who post in this very thread :ssh:

Oh I have only gotten into this recently, but hadn't seen anything. When can we expect to see the left coast?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The GOT mod wasn't grindy for me, it was just total crazy war all the time and that just gets boring.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ofaloaf posted:

:ssh:

loving forever from now, probably. Province work is scattershot and dependent upon wherever the whims of fancy take us that day. The current dev version of the mod's map is a bit more developed, but not by much:

compared to

I want to say that once my last day working retail comes around, I'll do more proper work, but at the same time I'm probably going to end up doing a lot more substitute teaching work as the year progresses and I'm running for public office and that's been taking up more and more time too.

Any way for folks like us to help, at least carving out provinces or something?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

DrSunshine posted:

Best of luck to ya! You're gonna need a lot of ducats in your campaign fund if you're a younger guy and your opponent's some old dude from one of the rival houses.

Have you considered plotting to kill your opponents?

Man that's dark.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Arumba's newbie tutorial is perfect, spend some time watching that and you'll be right as rain.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In CK2, really frustrating when you are catholic, and in a nearby norse area catholic rebels rise up and then attack your army in your kingdom for no loving reason. Just lost a leader to that. At the very least they should pop something up saying that the rebels have declared an intent to gently caress you up (though you're the same religion, they shouldn't). Or, since they're doing your (gods) work, you should be able to support them and throw in with them to establish a country for them.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a YouTube guy like Arumba but for HoI3? Would love an in depth lp/tutorial

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So Arumba did a FANTASTIC CK2 tutorial series, wicked in depth. I don't think the game even unpaused for the first three 20 minute videos.

Is there something similar for EUIV? Or a good solid trade tutorial?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

So Arumba did a FANTASTIC CK2 tutorial series, wicked in depth. I don't think the game even unpaused for the first three 20 minute videos.

Is there something similar for EUIV? Or a good solid trade tutorial?

I think this got lost last page in the V2 chat spilling on this page.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Perfect! Thanks! Arumba has so many videos it's easy to miss older stuff sometimes.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

:catstare:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Martello posted:

Haha what the gently caress?

Are you using a mod? Also, are there good ways to keep, let's say, my liege from uncovering my plot to murder him? Other than just having high Intrigue, I mean.

It's just an image a friend sent me, so not sure. I found (and this is just personal experience) that auto inviting plotters gives you a higher chance to invite some dipshit with 2% plot power who will uncover you. I generally invite or bribe/invite manually till I'm around 200% then be patient.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The CK2 thread is ancient and archived, can't find a new one. Does anyone know why I can't transfer vassalage in this case?

I am the emperor of all this stuff. The guy in the upper left is the king of italy, and the guy in the bottom right is in his de jure territory. I am the bottom right's direct leige. I should be able to transfer, no? He's a duke, if that makes a difference...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

If you just checked the "Politics" tag, you'd have found this :ssh:

Well the link the OP is broken two threads deep, and search didn't turn anything up, and I wasn't about to guess at what tag the thread was under. Thanks though.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Does the diplomatic option say anything? Are you at war?

When I go to do it, he's just not in the list of people I can transfer. A bunch of my regular vassals are, but not the guy I want.

Edit: He's in the list now, gently caress it, it works now. No idea why it wasn't though. How bizarre.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

BillBear posted:

I thought we would have had some sort of new megathread by now, this one is old as gently caress. :v:

It should at least have updated first post links :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Wiz posted:

Gorgo's probably not going to update it (he barely plays Paradox games anymore), so someone will likely have to step up and make a new OP if you want a new thread. Can probably leave EU3 and such out of this time around.

I am not ready for that kind of responsibility.

• Locked thread