Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

dipwood posted:

Delete the OTHER map cache as well. There's 2 of them, one in your regular folder and one in documents.

The one in the regular folder (in Steam for me) did the trick. So try this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Vicky just went on sale on steam for 9.99e complete (:siren:NOT:siren: including HoD). Good deal :)

Quick question: is there a better way of seeing what RGO a province has? It doesn't show if you zoom up a bit and the icons are tiny, so it takes a lot of squinting :(

Edit: :downs:

Woops, BAD typo.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 18, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Noreaus posted:

:siren: This deal does not include A Heart of Darkness :siren:

I had to check because that would be a frankly ridiculous discount for the third day of sales.

poo poo, sorry about that. Amended.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How do I get enough bureacrats of my culture to a colony? Just tax the poo poo out of medium pops, NF immigration, then NF bureacrats once the indigenous bureacrats left?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So what is the trick to turn a colonial state into a state? As Italy, I have Morocco as protectorate, I got the colonial event (100% migration bonus and more), NF on immigration, yet I cannot get more than 1-2 italians to migrate there in the span of the event (which lasts 20-30 years). I cannot create jobs there as no factories can be built on colonial state, and all the RGO are filled. What am I missing? I reloaded and tried to encourage capitalists, but even at 600-700 no projects pop up.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So uh, winning great wars against the UK, Netherlands and Austria is ... interesting :)

Indemnities last for 3 years right?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So, Victoria 2, some concepts I still cannot understand:

Assimilation: does it ever happen? Every single placeI conquered (Morocco, Switzerland, Dalmatia, Borneo, New Guinea) - all of the resident pops say "will not assimilate" or some such. From what I understand, you cannot assimilate pops that are cored in that state, but that makes assimilation something that basically never will happen.

Religious conversion: see above. Bonus question: what does it do?

Is there a message setting for a popup when another country dissolves alliance with you? I was 3rd allied to Germany 1st, and was bullying Austria (on fifth) who's allied with the UK - and when I managed to declare war UK joined in (as well as Russia for some reason) while Germany stood by and had apparently dissolved alliance some months back. Assholes.

Thanks guys!

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 26, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Are there any other ways to gently caress around with an enemy nation, other than wars and removing their spheres? There's this overpowered Germany that eventualy declares on me, and no matter how many brigades I kill, they get 2 more. Insane, they mobilized to 400 and after a solid half hour of them losing every battle they were at 620 and kept climbing. Actually, what the gently caress was up with that?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Seems like UK will finally be an actual GP and not a paper one. Drives me nuts when I'm in a great war on UK's side and they send like, 10 brigades out of 400 while keeping Ireland and Wales safe.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So what do you NF in the very late game, when you have enough bureaucrats, craftsmen, literacy is over 90%, and don't need a shift in political parties (glorious communist turkey is here to stay). Soldiers and officers?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How do you win the Tex-Mex war as Mexico at the start? Great Britain is always on the brink of accepting an alliance but never do, and I can't seem to be lucky enough to get them to DoW the US while I'm killing Texas. Any trick?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This worked perfectly, thanks both :) Only thing is I forgot to colonize during the war so the US got both the colonies, but I'll get them throughout the game.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Pre-order trailer is up

Seems release date was known, whoops.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 5, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Paradox Interactive ‏@PdxInteractive 17m
We're announcing a new game today that has the whole office buzzing - and we're streaming live with the devs at 8pm CEST !!

:woop:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I'm boring but I'm hoping for a sequel, Vicky 3 or CK3. Tho with the very recent expansions that seems quite unlikely.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:siren: Teleglitch: Die More Edition :siren:

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 27, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

They're gonna be showcasing the converter:

Paradox Interactive
Today we announced that if you pre-order Europa Universalis IV, you will get a save converter which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV.
To showcase this we're hosting a live steam tonight at 11 am PDT (6 pm GMT/7 pm BST/ 8 pm CEST) at: http://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Interesting bit at the end of the new Developer Diary, about the CK2 converter:

Johan posted:

Also as many have asked about Sunset Invasion. Yes we have done some extra for Sunset Invasion, You will have two enormous empires in the west competing for world dominance and viewing Europe as primitive savages.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New Developer Diary is out! Lots of info:

Johan posted:

The game will go live at 9AM EST, which is about 15.00 in the afternoon Swedish time. (on the 13th of August)

Demo will be released at the end of this week if the Gods smile upon us.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SCDhF2d3AE

Paradox Interactive ‏
We're proud to announce War of the Vikings! Watch the trailer: http://ow.ly/nFJYd Follow them on @WaroftheVikings!

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2013/8/paradox-interactive-announces-war-of-the-vikings

:black101:

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 6, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Did I disable an option or does the Tutorial not have the battle recaps at the end (with casualties, survivors, prestige, war score etc.)? Haven't played a regular game yet so haven't see if it's there.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Jeoh posted:

And Hearts of Iron 4!

Holy poo poo holy poo poo

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

nutranurse posted:

I cannot wait for it to come out. Warlock 1 was a really good wargame, imo. It scratched a certain itch.

It should already be out, if you pre-order you get instant access to all except the editor.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Anyone got a good Vicky 2 mod to recommend? Extended timeline/overhaul or anything really, being that Ultimate seems a buggy mess and probably discontinued.

Googling I came up with /gsg, which seemed interesting until I installed it; noticed they replaced Clergy with "Intellectuals" and the sound of a thousand fedoras engulfed my brain.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What CB do i need in Vic2 to conquer a satellite directly, or do I first need to unsphere? Can I DoW the controller first and add as war goal? It's not a colony afaik, so place in the sun shouldn't work.

These drat ottomans getting to Tunis before me :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What's a fun Brazil-like country in Victoria 2?

With at least 1-2 of the below:

Secondary or lower, but not unciv
possibly non-European
Fair size, 3-4 states at start
Some obvious expansion directions (best would be core recovery, or a bigger formable nation)
NNM is an acceptable mod

Basically I want something like an ex-colony or civilized that I can build up to be a Major and industrialized powerhouse; I do that with Brazil all the time so need a change of scenery.

Mexico? One of the Northwest african countries? Egypt?

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 24, 2015

• Locked thread