Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Rumda posted:

Whats a good nation to start with in vicky 2, is it better to start with a small nation so as not to get overwhelmed or a large one so you have more options?

My first real game was France. It's strong and hard to fail at, but still let's you learn the game while playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
HoD looks like an instant buy for me. But I'm wondering, does it do anything to help the economy? Namely fixing it so capitalists don't overvalue small arms factories that shut down the moment they finish it :argh:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

:3: The cutest army marches forth (to die) :3:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm literally retarded and I figured those games out. I have faith in you.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I played France first, and it taught me pretty much everything while being too big to fail.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I got Darkest Hour yesterday, and have been having a good time thus far. I can't help noticing some really goofy stuff, though. For instance, USA declared war on Italy, and thus all the Axis without joining the Allies. And then Yugoslavia joined the Axis, left the Axis, declared war on the USA, and then on the Netherlands. The gently caress? In any case it gives me a good chance to invade them as Hungary.

Oh and Italy joined the war early and Germany invaded Denmark/Norway before the low countries, but those are reasonable enough.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Drone posted:

This happened in real life.

Hey, you're right. I should have known that from playing Silent Hunter 3 so much but instead my mind went off HoI3 where I never remember it happening that way.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
So what the gently caress.

Playing with the beta patch and NNM with hotfix A (I think)

edit: I just noticed that I had that bug in my Greece playthrough too, and only in the capitals in both cases

Michael Bayleaf fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 10, 2013

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Yeah, Vicky 2 is my favorite Paradox game. I really hope they keep that series going.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Hello my friends! I'm going to start playing V2 after a long time off and I kind of forgot what to do when it comes to pops. I remember that you go for a certain amount of clergy dudes to get literacy up. After that, what else should a new game focus on? What do aristocrats even do? Should I let capitalists pop up on their own or focus them?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'd push the holocaust button.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

DrSunshine posted:

I'd be down for a genocide decision as long as every single nation gets it. It's just a generic "Wipe out the [POPNAME] comprising < 50% of the nation" decision that every nation gets no matter what.

Hell yeah I want a exterminate the jews button as the United States. Maybe it could hurt your interest rates but improve morale??

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I hope the Paradox devs are taking note of these fantastic ideas.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
It was nice of them to launch a jihad to reform Austria-Hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm looking forward to everything Paradox is making. I'm a slave to the Swedes and I love it!

• Locked thread