Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]
Ahhh so so so so so so excited for this. I was lucky enough to see Jeff in August of 2011 in my own neighbourhood in Montreal at a tiny venue. It was mind blowing and I definitely broke down and cried during Ferris Wheel on Fire. The passion and emotion was so much to take. After 10 years, I'm still as in love with NMH as I was the first time I heard them back in 2003. I'm happy to say that my fiance and I are making a 6 hour drive from New Brunswick to Portland, ME to see Jeff on this tour. It will be his first time and my second. I can't wait to share that experience with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

I'd love to go see them at the 40 Watt club. So envious of any of you goons who get to go. That being said, I'm lucky enough to have seen him twice in the last 2 years. I hope he comes back to Montreal :allears:

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

juniperjones posted:

I love NMH, but I can't see myself seeing them live. I think it'd be too weird.

Why would it be too weird?

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I guess if you've listened to him for a long time, suddenly seeing the guy singing in person would be kinda bizarre.

I first heard NMH ten years ago and have not found a band since that has moved me the way NMH does. They are my all time most loved, most cherished, most invested-in, most listened to band. I'll admit, it was surreal seeing him perform in my old neighbourhood in my home town back in 2011. Hearing other people sing along to his words and seeing the passion spill out of them the same way it spilled out of me while listening to NMH in my bedroom by myself was odd because for 8 years, it felt like I was the only one living in that world. It felt like NMH was MY band. The obscure indie band that all my friends thought were garbage because they didn't sound like anything on the radio. I mean, I get it. But believe me, it's worth it. I've seen him twice live and I would regret it so much if I had missed out on the opportunity.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Flotzilla posted:

How has nobody mentioned the Neutral Milk Hotel Reunion Winterstravaganza Tourpaloozathon dates yet? Is there a better place to discuss this that I'm not seeing?

I actually came here hoping to find pre-sale information. It seems like most (if not all) dates go on sale Friday at either 10am or noon. Apparently there's a pre-sale for the Dallas show that is tomorrow at 10am... I'm thinking most of the other dates will have a similar pre-sale. Any goons know how to get in on that? I can't find any details at all.

Neutral Milk Hotel Announce Winter Tour

Holy shiiiiiiiiit. I am SO happy right now. I have seen Jeff twice but never the full band... January 18 is going to be the best day of my life!!!!!!! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Unggghhh yesssss

quote:

Order Confirmed!

Your order has been confirmed. A confirmation email will be sent to xxxxxx@gmail.com within 24 hours.

Neutral Milk Hotel Olympia de Montreal Saturday, January 18 2014 at 7:00 PM

2 General Admission Standing 2 x CA$36.00 2 x CA$6.40 CA$84.80

So so so so happy right now :toot:

• Locked thread