Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

precision posted:

I've always held that Aeroplane is a flawed, not flawless, album.

The title track has never appealed to me, and "Oh Comely" started to really drag after the first few months I had the record. So that's 1/4 of the album right there. Maybe I just always wanted, and still want, more along the lines of "Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone" (oh my god that song) and "Song Against Sex".

But "Two Headed Boy Pt. 2". That song is unassailable. Unassailable. Gets me every time.

Hell, just thinking about it is making me tear up.

e: re: Gardenhead, I think that "I just want to dance in your tangles to give me some reason to move" is literally the greatest lyric I've ever heard.

You and me man... you and me against the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Joff doesn't seem the kind of show I'd dig tripping at. But you've said you can't listen to music sober, so do what you gotta do.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Wow, what a tour!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I don't wanna see him in Seattle. I feel the crowd would be awful. I think maybe it would have been okay to see "Jeff Mangum" but not Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm going to have to go to some random show in the midwest to escape people who watch the show through their iPhone screen and who freely fart in a big crowd cause you can't pin-point the source.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm sure he's heard "Stain my mountain tops, Jeff!! Wooooooooh!!" a number of times through out his career.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I get the feeling that's going to happen no matter where you are.

I just don't want it happening near me.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Here's hoping he comes to LA so I can fart in the crowd. iphones.

yeah, keep it on the coast.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

don't see a problem with that but you could see a much weirder show than NMH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

cause he loves jesus christ and melting dogs and flesh-licking ladies

• Locked thread