Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
Seeing them in Tulsa the 14th! Really looking forward to it, and from the sounds of it they put on a really great show! I might weep if I get to hear "Engine" live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

Wow, the narcissism is really obvious in that article. It's pretty much "I was too busy judging people around me to pay attention to the music, woe is me!"

Also, I never posted about it, but I saw them in Tulsa two weeks ago and it was the best show I've ever been to. They really do put on a heartfelt performance, and some of the members even stuck around afterwards to chat with fans (I only got to meet Julian and Scott, though) and Elf Power's Olivia Tremor Control tribute was really cool to hear!

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

roffels posted:

Julian and Scott are super nice! Jeremy Barnes is approachable as well, though I don't think he seeks out the fans. I saw two girls approach him, and he said "I know one you, you're [name] from facebook, right?" and the girl broke down in tears. It was kind of cute. Jeff will eventually come out if you hang around long enough. I had the entire band sign my ticket stub. I think I posted a downer review a few posts up, but I really enjoyed the show when I saw it in Columbia, MO.

Yeah, I was bummed that I didn't get to meet Jeremy or Jeff. I think they never came out, if they did I didn't see anyone talking to 'em. I talked with Elf Power about how I was glad that they played stuff from A Dream in Sound, and then talked with Scott. He was incredibly friendly and chatty. The same with Julian, I enjoyed talking to him about his Music Tapes material. I tried to stick around longer after the show, but the security was trying their hardest to get people to leave the venue after the show, which I understand 'cause it was getting pretty late.

What I really liked was that they actually chatted on stage in between songs, which I didn't expect. Fortunately, the audience was pretty respectful and they seemed to genuinely enjoy performing for us that night.

• Locked thread