Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I saw Neutral Milk Hotel open for Superchunk in 1998, maybe a week or so after Aeroplane came out, and they were a great loving band. Loud, weird, frantic-- just an outpouring of psychedelia and emotion that absolutely matched the energy of the two LPs.

I saw Jeff doing his solo thing in 2011 at ATP New Jersey, and while it was a really good show, it was just too haunted by this overly precious air, the "legend" that kind of sprung up somewhere in the last 10 years about the guy. Not really his fault, I know, but people just take the guy SO loving SERIOUSLY and at least for me, when you strip away the sonics that the full band brought to the table, there's just a kind of hollowness to his songs.

I'm glad I saw him, but when he came to my town last spring I opted to not spend the $30 or whatever on a ticket, and I'm passing on this tour, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

roffels posted:

They played the same exact setlist last night in Minneapolis as they did many months ago in Columbia, MO.

As much as I love this band, it's not so fun seeing them multiple times on this tour. The non-Jeff members looked like they were having fun on stage at least.

As much as I love the band, they're pretty much playing the same setlist they were 16 years ago, so I chose not to see them at all this time around. Especially at 6x the ticket price in an uncomfortably packed sold-out venue.

• Locked thread