Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Yesterday for the DC presale I had pretty solid seats, but for some reason went "eh, Ill give these up and see if I can do better!" and by then they were all sold out :(

Fortunately, today I was able to get worse-but-still-not-terrible seats! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Wachepti posted:

Got my D.C. tickets then ran to work. Anyone know how fast they sold out? It is so bizarre to think I just bought Neutral loving Milk loving Hotel tickets.

I was on my phone at 10 sharp, and I was able to get nosebleeds. The presale sold out in like 10 seconds, so I'm guessing the regular sale sold out in about 15.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Wachepti posted:

If you are curious:

They ended with it at the DC show

Also some thoughts on some specific songs:

Good lord "Ferris Wheel on Fire" was incredible. I've heard OF it before but I've never actually listened to it. Guess I need to hunt down a copy because they killed it. Also they played "Gardenhead" so fast I swear they took a 3 minute song and played it in a minute thirty flat. Same thing with Holland 1945 they just loving blew through it. They played it with this sort of manic energy that made me physically uncomfortable. Listening to that live was a very strange experience and I'm still processing it. One song that blew me away which I wasn't expecting was Snow Song pt. 1 because

A. I can't believe they played it and
B. IT loving OWNED SO HARD OMG

Moving on Aeroplane over the Sea was... actually pretty drat good. I've never heard a good live version of it so I had fairly low expectations but given that they are probably sick to death of playing it they did a pretty bang up job. Oh Comely was the best song that all members of the band participated in. It started out with just Jeff and then as the song went on more members of the band slowly added harmonies to the song until the end the full band was blasting and all the instruments were perfectly balanced and it was heavenly. Jeff also did the "hold a note for what seems like an eternity" on this and only this song as well which made it extra special.

Jeff teased Two Headed Boy at the start of the concert and then finished it during the encore, that was pretty cool. Basically all of the solo stuff Jeff played was awesome - when the rest of the band joined in they seemed a little disjointed on a few songs(Song Against Sex in particular which was disappointing), but when everything came together it was mind blowing.

Uhhhh...yeah. Three years ago I never would have guessed I would actually have the privilege of seeing this band perform live. They were really into it and I hope they do another tour and/or make some more music. It certainly seems like they have it in them.

edit: One song they did NOT play was Communist Daughter, which ughhhhh I really wanted to hear

I was a DC as well - god damned amazing. I didn't think that the performance would be that energetic, but it certainly was. I was terrified that, when people yelled "WE LOVE YOU JEFF" and stuff, that Jeff would have gotten emotionally scared and left in fear :ohdear:

I also love that he totally went full-on Howard Hughes beard and looks like the hermit that he's famous for being

• Locked thread