Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Too impatient to wait for the Minneapolis shows, I caught Neutral Milk Hotel in Columbia, Mo last night. They sound amazing live, go. I enjoyed the solo Jeff shows, but it was good hearing the songs with singing saws, horns, and electric guitars.

If you have the time, hang out and meet the band members. Both Julian Kloster and Scott Spilane are affable and easily approachable, Julian being one of the most gentle people you'll meet. Jeff will appear if you wait around long enough, just don't take his photo. He doesn't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Bo Jackson posted:

I'm sure people surround him with iPhones anyway.

I've never been able to see NMH or a solo Jeff show before and I am super amped up to see him in Minneapolis. I've seen a lot of shows at First Avenue and it's definitely become one of my favorite concert venues. It's gonna be exciting to see him in a space where people can stand up and move around a lot.

To those of you who have seen him already: how have the audiences been? Do people get really into it, or are people kind of reserved?

Lots of dancing. Girls like saying "wooooooooooo" a lot. More energy from the crowd than I would have expected. Also, lots of people sing along.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

They played the same exact setlist last night in Minneapolis as they did many months ago in Columbia, MO.

As much as I love this band, it's not so fun seeing them multiple times on this tour. The non-Jeff members looked like they were having fun on stage at least.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

AtomicRust posted:

Wow, the narcissism is really obvious in that article. It's pretty much "I was too busy judging people around me to pay attention to the music, woe is me!"

Also, I never posted about it, but I saw them in Tulsa two weeks ago and it was the best show I've ever been to. They really do put on a heartfelt performance, and some of the members even stuck around afterwards to chat with fans (I only got to meet Julian and Scott, though) and Elf Power's Olivia Tremor Control tribute was really cool to hear!

Julian and Scott are super nice! Jeremy Barnes is approachable as well, though I don't think he seeks out the fans. I saw two girls approach him, and he said "I know one you, you're [name] from facebook, right?" and the girl broke down in tears. It was kind of cute. Jeff will eventually come out if you hang around long enough. I had the entire band sign my ticket stub. I think I posted a downer review a few posts up, but I really enjoyed the show when I saw it in Columbia, MO.

• Locked thread