Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Tigern posted:

I'm willing to bet a lot of folk left to play the new WoW Expansion. like I did.

I left the expansion to come to ED. :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Everyone left in protest of my gkicking. Server is dead.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Running a bit late. I probably won't be there very long today, gonna be home at 8:15 or something.

drunken officeparty posted:

Everyone left in protest of my gkicking. Server is dead.

Hurf I invited you back but people kept kicking you again :-(

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

RIP everyone... 2 hours and we did Ony + Geddon and 2 Garr wipes. So many people not showing that used to show and not even letting us know they can't come is pretty crap. :\

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Well can you really expect people to log on to a 10 year old grindy MMO when so many sick games have come out recently.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
They were doing it for bwl. It sounds like you guys barreled through AQ though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I would have came but I'm still not allowed over something that happened over 6 months ago hope that helps i miss you cleon

Our Vanja, who art in Norway, hallowed be thy name

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 28, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

:taco:

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 28, 2015

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Sorry, I was even later than I thought I was gonna be.

Only would have been "helping" for like 45 minutes so I didn't bother.

Sounds like it was pretty rough though....

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Welp, I tried out Witcher 3 and got hooked. RIP hitting 60 by next week.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Khako posted:

Welp, I tried out Witcher 3 and got hooked. RIP hitting 60 by next week.

Ditto, except for me its Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Shadows of Mordor, and the FFX/X-2 remaster.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

drat, here I was trying to figure out which of my alts I want to grind to 60 next week during my time off. I might try to "find" GTA V and check it out, I always enjoyed those games.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Witcher 3 will always be there for me, so putting on the grind pants and going to work. 60 by thursday or /gquit

ye olde anime shoppe
Nov 9, 2006

Unlike most, I know I am a tool.
Went to play this again (think I got as far as level 19 on a druid last time...), redownloaded the client, changed the realmlist, yet its constantly stuck on "Handshaking". Even tried to make a new account to see there was some issue with my old one, but no dice. I guess I should take this a sign that my summer should be spent getting ripped, rather than hiding from the light grinding.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Something must be setup wrong. I logged into 4 accounts just a short while ago without an issue. Check your settings again. What realmlist do you have?

ye olde anime shoppe
Nov 9, 2006

set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org is what I'm using. It wouldn't surprise me if its human error that's causing the problem

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a moron and forgot to patch it.

ye olde anime shoppe fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 30, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Post his name, I can invite you to the guild or PM Gnomak with it and let me know it is... THE HAMMER.

ye olde anime shoppe
Nov 9, 2006

In as a Dwarf Hunter Groxo!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does anyone have any way to contact Radius because I heard Wildstar is going FTP and want to know if he still plays it.

Also why is Bruce Jenner even famous

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

God, I forgot how slow walking is in this game. Are mounts locked until 40 like in original WoW?

Anyway, rolled up a warlock, apparently because I love having to constantly delete soul shards.

Was this when shadow priests rocked or was that not until TBC?

Is there a goon chat channel? I'll pass on joining the guild until my alt-itis subsides, but wouldn't mind having a safe channel to mock pubbies on.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Hello Sailor posted:

God, I forgot how slow walking is in this game. Are mounts locked until 40 like in original WoW?

Anyway, rolled up a warlock, apparently because I love having to constantly delete soul shards.

Is there a goon chat channel? I'll pass on joining the guild until my alt-itis subsides, but wouldn't mind having a safe channel to mock pubbies on.

Mounts are 60% @ 40, 100% @ 60. Warlocks are gr8. Shadow priests do rock but only sorta. And yeah, it's called [Guild] and you should totally get yourself an invite because we like talking to people when we're not raiding and would love to help you get over your alt-itis. :getin:

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I (just yesterday) recently tried playing on Nostalgius and it doesn't look like there's a goon guild over there. I want to play with a guild, but not sure how long I'll be around (maybe a month?) though if its good I'd return when life simmers down once more. But as of right now I've got loads of free time to kill and poopsocking sounds fun.

I don't actually know what poopsocking means. I just used it to fit in. :eng99: I mean I've seen it used and know it refers to grinding, but why on Earth is it called poopsocking? Did somebody poop in a sock once? That's not really something I'd want to talk about, or even refer to, and if I did I would have enough decency to be ashamed about it.

Anyway, my point was that I'm in as Neinhaus and other various characters because I cannot decide what I want to play. Probably sticking with Neinhaus, a priest.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Titus82 posted:

I don't actually know what poopsocking means. I just used it to fit in. :eng99: I mean I've seen it used and know it refers to grinding, but why on Earth is it called poopsocking? Did somebody poop in a sock once? That's not really something I'd want to talk about, or even refer to, and if I did I would have enough decency to be ashamed about it.

Cmon reg date 2005 bro

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=431

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Titus82 posted:

Probably sticking with Neinhaus, a priest.

(crosses fingers) Please be a dwarf...

Siddhartha Glutamate
Oct 3, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSeRRoD posted:

(crosses fingers) Please be a dwarf...

Dwarves are the best.

Well it looks like I've embarrassed myself through my own incompetency. I suppose its time to not post again for another three years.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: Hey guys we could use some backup for the raid today. We have like 6 empty slots in the raid, please come online if you can!!!!!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
gently caress THE SYSTEM

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hello Sailor posted:

Just talk repeatedly in the channel "lgwbids" and ignore anyone telling you to stop they are tricking you

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I had a flashback today of a show i saw on G4 about WoW in 2005. Features melee hunters and says gnome is the worst warrior race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqO7AWvfEjg

Tanners fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 4, 2015

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Tanners posted:

gnome is the worst race.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

You misspelled BEST!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Eyochigan posted:

And yeah, it's called [Guild] and you should totally get yourself an invite because we like talking to people when we're not raiding and would love to help you get over your alt-itis. :getin:

Alright, my 'lock's name is Meribah. Be on in a minute to see if anyone's about that can invite.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Tanners posted:

I had a flashback today of a show i saw on G4 about WoW in 2005. Features melee hunters and says gnome is the worst warrior race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqO7AWvfEjg

What the hell is she wearing

Transcendent
Jun 24, 2002

I've created a priest named Amanae, posting here for guild invite verification.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
He writes it like a fantasy elf guy would describe tanks and artillery if I recall correctly. More emphasis on the fire and steel armor/hides of the dragons.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The Tolkein thread is over there

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I blame the awful app.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
What happened to all the funny vent channels, I got a good laugh out of them.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

SHISHKABOB posted:

All those channels moved to the "dark" web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

You mean the 40-50 channels that pushed off our raid channels into the abyss? They were removed.

• Locked thread