Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is something going on with ED? I haven't been able to log into any of my guys without getting "Fatal Exception Error 132" and the application shutting down. I was able to log onto my mule, but as soon as I walked into the main area in Ironforge I got the same error. Same error on my laptop and desktop, so I don't think it's anything to do with my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, I was crashing non stop in the bank and also in front of the Inn. Luckily, my guys are bound in Cenarion so I used the Auto-Unstuck feature on their website to hearth before logging in. If you are bound to IF and stuck in a crash-cycle, there's nothing you can do right now it seems. I'd try checking back a bit later or tomorrow since they are EU and may be off until then.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Power just went out here. I'll be on for raid late if it comes back in time

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I guess about 10 others got hit by that too because we couldn't BWL. RIPs.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gnomak throw Derpies the rock!!!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Welp, we've thrown in the towel. Monday will be our last scheduled Raid or Get Together around IF. Feel free to log in, say hello, say goodbye, exchange Skypes/Steams/ASLs for possibly the last time on ED. It's been fun!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrSeRRoD posted:

Welp, we've thrown in the towel. Monday will be our last scheduled Raid or Get Together around IF. Feel free to log in, say hello, say goodbye, exchange Skypes/Steams/ASLs for possibly the last time on ED. It's been fun!

Wait what?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

We get just about enough people for a 20-man when we schedule a 40-man and people were tired of logging in to try and progress at things we had on easy and fast farm just months ago. It's time to hold their oaths fulfilled and let them be free.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

So much for continuing to level my warlock, then. :(

Are the majority of people hooking up with another goon guild, either Horde side ED or on another server?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If someone sees Skillshop tell him I missed him wednesday :anime:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

So much for continuing to level my warlock, then. :(

Are the majority of people hooking up with another goon guild, either Horde side ED or on another server?

I believe the majority that are going to keep playing wow will be playing on Nos. A few of us may remain on ED and raid with other guilds until they suffer the same fate to avoid re-leveling, but for the most part, there won't be much of a goon presence on ED after Monday.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

OK I will be there for the final raid / dragon slaying / whatever it turns out to be.

Hope we have good turnout!

It's been fun raiding with everyone (though admittedly not so much in the past 6 weeks or so....)

I think I'm done with WoW for awhile, since this all was kind of depressing, not really looking to immediately level again.... But maybe someday I'll look you guys up on Nost / whatever new server takes its place in 1 year.

lapse fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 18, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Just keep your accounts in case life springs again in the future with Naxx (lol). I'd rather see all our names retired than have some other person running around on Cleon or Fayrn, etc. It would be too sad and weird.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 18, 2015

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
You guys should have heeded Tanner's warning that my coming would herald the destruction of the guild.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

saltylopez posted:

You guys should have heeded Tanner's warning that my coming would herald the destruction of the guild.

We were actually debating whether to warn you guys that the server was declining right when you all started leveling, but we thought maybe if 4-5 of you guys hit 60, we would be able to hold out

Sorry for the waste of time mang :lol:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The server making GBS threads itself has quite the coincidental timing with some other event that I, Hurfdurf, can't quite put my finger on hmmm oh well I'll get back to you guys if I remember what it was

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

lapse posted:

We were actually debating whether to warn you guys that the server was declining right when you all started leveling, but we thought maybe if 4-5 of you guys hit 60, we would be able to hold out

Sorry for the waste of time mang :lol:

Nah, wasn't a waste of time. I didn't join expecting to raid anyway. I just wanted something to pass time and talk to a few folks while I waited for something to fill the Bloodborne-shaped hole in my life.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
Welp. AQ kinda didn't even meet expectations so I'm less bummed than I would be. It was fun to do BWL and MC again. Maybe they will get Naxx done right, and we'll be a little less busy (ie winter). If anyone asks, we killed c'thun. and viscidous. and we one-shot ouro.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Goddammit why am I considering starting WoW again?

See you on Nostalrius, goons. Maybe. Horde side?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

If any of you guys want to add me on steam to play vidya games then feel free. Name's "Dadtoucher". Picture is a dinosaur with sunglasses.

Goon night, sweet prince~~~

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

That's a good plan. Name is Serperoth, picture is a penguin dressed as Emperor Napoleon.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry I never came back for real, guys. You guys were great and helped me stay out of a dark place in the past few years while I raided with you.

I've got a line in my head that'll probably pop up again and again cause of you guys: "Classic Shishkabob..." cause in IRL you don't accidentally pull packs of tigers, but there are live versions of rear end pulls.

i luv u guys :coolfish:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Feenix is ddosing xoober out of spite

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Got to fight Nefarian which was my main goal since TheRebirth. smilies.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chunjee posted:

Got to fight Nefarian which was my main goal since TheRebirth. smilies.

I first played WoW around when Gruul's Lair was the top raid, and up until the summer of 2013 I had never killed a raid boss :unsmith:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Might try to do one last BWL for old times on Monday. Everyone show up, kill the mens for the last time! :) It would be awesome to fill a raid one more time.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Plz to have your LHCP ready because I will be there. :sax:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I thought you guys were filling them up still! RIP! Wanted to do AQ as I never did in vanilla (nor did I do BWL)

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

The server making GBS threads itself has quite the coincidental timing with some other event that I, Hurfdurf, can't quite put my finger on hmmm oh well I'll get back to you guys if I remember what it was

Free hurfdurf

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Shoulda read the whole thread before i jumped back in... oh well back to firefall.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZUhd-pvC4

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I don't know why, but I expected that to be in your voice singing to her lol.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

No if it was me I would have pronounced it correctly.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Final reunion/goodbye tonight at 8pm ET for anyone that can make it. See you at the Cheese Shop!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You're not disbanding the guild are you

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

No, but after tonight, I'd expect maybe 1-2 people log in every few weeks until ED is shut down. We'll keep the name reserved, but that's about it.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
The whole "lets show up, if we make numbers great, if not we'll all hangout, say our goodbyes, tidy up our desks.."

it's like the last day of school before summer break. we'll be back in two months guys.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

If Naxx comes out, some people may be able to fill ranks on existing guilds at least, but it's been rough and getting slower. Crazy when you look at the competing server numbers, how can we not have even 10% of that? drat Athairne to hell!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Don't worry guys when AQ comes out people will come flooding back :anime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm at work, gently caress!

Goodbye I love you except fayrn and firos they suck.

• Locked thread