Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Francis Carmont doing a cool slam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Cecil Peoples soaring like a bird.

Random cool stuff

Almost forgot

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

What's the story behind this one? :ohdear:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

JPrime posted:

You should probably keep your hands up whenever you can

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
More of Keith Jardine fighting a man

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

This, by the way, is what you link to whenever your friends ask "Why doesn't he just stand up?"

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

JPrime posted:

Welcome to z-league MMA.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
This thread needs more Overeem

Belle Isle Tech fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 18, 2013

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Jungle Fights being really cool.

Referee Dan Miragliotta taking his job seriously.

Bigfoot Silva when he doesn't know a camera is watching him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
From UFC on FX 7, I'll be on the lookout for more.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

vainman posted:

Referee Dan Miragliotta taking his job seriously.

Anyone want to tell me what's going on here?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Anyone want to tell me what's going on here?

The round ended right when Gono went airborne, and Dan was the only man who could stop him in time.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Khabib Nurmagomedov finishes Thiago Tavares while Dan Miragliotta observes closely.

Gabriel Gonzaga remembers that he knows jiu jitsu.

Michael Bisping narrowly avoids getting murdered by Anderson Silva.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Tony "The Gun" Bonello talks a mountain of poo poo to Ninja Rua during their staredown, then gets brutalized in the space of about 3 minutes. One of my favourite EliteXC moments (and there were many)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

colonel_korn posted:

Tony "The Gun" Bonello talks a mountain of poo poo to Ninja Rua during their staredown, then gets brutalized in the space of about 3 minutes. One of my favourite EliteXC moments (and there were many)

Is it really that smart to try and talk poo poo to a guy that 1. Speaks a different language and 2. Is riddled with brain damage

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Vintage UFC

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

Haha Tony Bonello sucks. This man is also the only fighter to get knocked down by the bully on Bully Beatdown. After this happened, he proceeded to head kick KO the bully, disqualifying himself because head kicks in Bully Beatdown were against the rules.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MrSmokes posted:

Haha Tony Bonello sucks. This man is also the only fighter to get knocked down by the bully on Bully Beatdown. After this happened, he proceeded to head kick KO the bully, disqualifying himself because head kicks in Bully Beatdown were against the rules.

Hey man Tony Bonello is for real, from his wikipedia article:

quote:

In October, 2008, Tony won two gold medals at the American national Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships in the adult Black Belt divisions. One gold medal in the Gi & 1 gold medal in the No-Gi division.

In November 2008, 2009, and 2011, Tony competed in the IBJJF No-Gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Championships run by Carlos Gracie Jr. and won 3 silver medals in his age and weight division as a Black Belt.

Of course in the 2008 ABJJ event Bonello was the only entrant in the adult Black Belt division and in the 2008, 2009, and 2011 IBJJF events Tony Bonello came second out of two entrants total.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I love MMA and Pro Wrestling but this thread is starting to make me think MMA is somehow the more ridiculous and unnecessarily violent of the two gay sports. I think I would trust a WWE ref in an MMA fight over the majority of MMA refs

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Both refs can screw you, but WWE refs will at least be up front about it. One made merchandise!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If Anderson Silva doesn't want you to punch him, you will never punch him.

vs Franklin

vs Griffin

vs Okami

vs Bonnar

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here are some :krad: flippz!

Harold Howard

Erick Silva

John Dodson

Marcus Brimage and Maximo Blanco

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
You forgot this one:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ahem

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

My favorite part of this gif - watch Anderson and Herb at 4:14 on the clock.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

My favorite part of this gif - watch Anderson and Herb at 4:14 on the clock.

hahaha, it's the little things that make everything worthwhile

I might have to make that my avatar.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This one is even better: http://brianharley.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/silva-griffin.gif

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

vs Bonnar

The part that makes Anderson even crazier is that this is only sorta true. Some times the guy does get hit, even while doing his Matrix moves. He has an iron chin and is good at slipping the punches so that even on impact he doesn't feel the full force. It must be incredibly demoralizing to fight him. You finally land something and he is completely unfazed. Anderson's no-sell is an important part of his arsenal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Olympic silver medallist in freestyle wrestling, Yoel Romero, fighting a Polish guy who is not an Olympic medallist in wrestling.

(I only remembered this one because I just read that the UFC brought him over from Strikeforce)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The most effortless ankle pick

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

henkman posted:

The most effortless ankle pick

Running a close second:

Doresain
Oct 7, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, love that one. Toney talked so much poo poo about knocking out anyone in MMA and one lazy takedown shut him up.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Introducing the Showtime Knee

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fentry posted:

Introducing the Showtime Knee

As if we needed further proof that Pettis is some sort of ninja wizard.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Even living in England makes you bad at wrestling.

(Rampage vs. Texeira, UFC on Fox 6.)

Liver kicks win fights.

(Pettis vs. Cerrone)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

LobsterMobster posted:

vs Franklin

vs Griffin

vs Okami

vs Bonnar

My favorite thing about Silva is that the guys fighting him are professional fighters, who have trained for months to fight him and they realize at some point in the bout that they just can't loving hit him because he is the loving Matrix.

That has to be utterly terrifying.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have Rampage saying "I can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" :staredog: ?

UFC 67 I think?

• Locked thread