Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cucka posted:

I always wondered if any more footage of that exists than just that. Always wanted to see a good shot of him swan diving into the crowd.
If you're talking about a different camera angle, I can't help you; the broadcast switches over to Maeda's unconscious husk just as Krazy Horse is losing his balance on the rope. He survived his journey into mystery, however, as there's a few minutes of him running back from the entrance ramp, somersaulting into the ring, backflipping off the ropes, and groping the Asian girl trying to present him with a trophy, probably while having visions of being locked in a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

:allears:

Edit: This could go in the grappling thread too. For the uninitiated that's a pretty high level sweep hit absolutely perfectly against an extremely high level grappler on the highest stage possible.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 22, 2013

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i like how he quickly works his way out of half guard, that's some slick poo poo

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I need to see this fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Anderson has really done some cool things in this vein I don't think I've ever seen other MMA people pull off so well.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Captain Log posted:

Anderson has really done some cool things in this vein I don't think I've ever seen other MMA people pull off so well.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The idea is to not get hit

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Well i guess he ducked under 1 at the end so good job JT, that's really all we can ask for

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

It's sadly not as cool as it looks since it was just an exhibition match where the dude wasn't even trying to punch him all that hard :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6UpbLgLJI&t=209s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

henkman posted:

Well i guess he ducked under 1 at the end so good job JT, that's really all we can ask for

It's harder to duck under punches from the literal strongest man in the world, his arms are bigger and stronger than a puny boxer.

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

He can curl that fist into your face like nobody else

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

eine dose socken posted:

He can curl that fist into your face like nobody else
Then run out of breath and fall on his rear end.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Can someone post a gif of Mir being tossed on his rear end after he tried to knee Overeem? Also requesting a repost of the Renan Barao celebration dance gif.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Pleast Take MMA Seriously.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 4, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chexoid posted:

Thats Bellator but who are these two jokers?

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Looks like The Whitemare and the Weedman

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like a gigantopithicus argueing with a polar bear over who gets to eat/gently caress the corpse of the referee.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Vine link: https://vine.co/v/MzEMjiIJHOu

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Chexoid posted:

What is the point of this? Like, has anyone won by backflipping onto his opponent?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Wojtek posted:

What is the point of this? Like, has anyone won by backflipping onto his opponent?

He passes into a different position where he can (hopefully) work different attacks. One candidate would be a kneebar.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I can assure you no one is doing full on backflips into kneebars.

I hope someone proves me wrong

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 4, 2014

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Wojtek posted:

He passed his opponent's guard succesfully, what's your issue? :bahgawd: would approve of unconventional offense.

My bigger question is whether moonsaults are legal in MMA.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Dangersim posted:

I can assure you no one is doing full on backflips into kneebars.

I hope someone proves me wrong

Slightly less spectacular but have Genki Sudo in a submission tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUWH-tuGGk

e: watch the whole video, but the thing I was talking about is at 3:45

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genki Sudo owns.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

kimbo305 posted:

He passes into a different position where he can (hopefully) work different attacks. One candidate would be a kneebar.

I think a kneebar from that position seems like a stretch.

Does anyone know how the fight actually continued after that?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

The guy on top would typically (in my experience) try to go for mount or side control. A kneebar is definitely possibly though, along with a toe hold, and you can easily* chain the two together.

I haven't watched the fight but I bet the guy kept his backwards mount for about half a second before getting tossed away.

Fleshpeg
Oct 23, 2001
Stop harassing me!

Gregor Samsa posted:

Slightly less spectacular but have Genki Sudo in a submission tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUWH-tuGGk

I've seen that clip so many times and each time I'm still amazed by how fast he is and how smooth his transitions are. Granted he's on another level athletically compared to most of the people there, but as far as I know that's a legitimate tourney and I assume he's competing in the equivalent of the advanced division.

I've seen the rolling calf-slicer in match 6 from the bottom before but hitting it from standing is kind of insane.

In summary, Genki Sudo owns.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Fleshpeg posted:

Yep.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Machida vs Mousasi

karate:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Machida vs Mousasi

karate:

Karate is pastabowl!

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck

BlindSite posted:

Karate is pastabowl!

You know it's time to take a break and maybe go to sleep when you start wishfully dreaming of Lyoto Machida coming out with a Zombo Com sponsorship in his next fight.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Machida, he get the hespect.

I know there are more of these trips out there.

Count Roland posted:

Machida vs Mousasi

Mousasi's chin is pretty impressive, he no-sells that kick and it is flush.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Fleshpeg posted:

I've seen that clip so many times and each time I'm still amazed by how fast he is and how smooth his transitions are. Granted he's on another level athletically compared to most of the people there, but as far as I know that's a legitimate tourney and I assume he's competing in the equivalent of the advanced division.

I've seen the rolling calf-slicer in match 6 from the bottom before but hitting it from standing is kind of insane.

It's a cool vid, but I felt like it was kind of a dick move to come out to a tournament with no one on his level. He's not running game on top competitors he's running game on scrubs.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sprecherscrow posted:

It's a cool vid, but I felt like it was kind of a dick move to come out to a tournament with no one on his level. He's not running game on top competitors he's running game on scrubs.

It was an advanced-level open tournament and he was only a brown belt at the time.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

There's videos on youtube of Josh Barnett at some grappling tournament in what looks like some school gym and he just destroys amateur guys and then disinterestedly does the throat slash thing after every one.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Grifter posted:

Machida, he get the hespect.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Does anyone have that gif where Lesnar's pounding on Couture and he keeps getting 1ups Mario-style?

e: I don't know why I wanted this enough to go dig through the old gameday thread, but I did.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 25, 2014

• Locked thread