Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Roman posted:

thanks! very helpful.

also I may just hire someone from this thread or SA Mart instead. the person I was talking to on twitter made my spider-sense tingle. if i get ripped off here at least I can complain about it here lol.

Actually just remembered to mention; only semi-related but, unless the amount of money is relatively small and thus not a big deal, in my experience if the individual you're considering has a good social media presence; i.e they're active on at least one of twitter/instagram, and have a website portfolio either a weebly/devientart/artstation/pixiv/etc and yeah they have a decent number of works posted in my experience its rare that this will be a scammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Raenir Salazar posted:

Actually just remembered to mention; only semi-related but, unless the amount of money is relatively small and thus not a big deal, in my experience if the individual you're considering has a good social media presence; i.e they're active on at least one of twitter/instagram, and have a website portfolio either a weebly/devientart/artstation/pixiv/etc and yeah they have a decent number of works posted in my experience its rare that this will be a scammer.
I was talking to someone who had twitter/instagram but no deviantart etc. and something about it seemed off. I only found one of the examples elsewhere and it was on someone else's Fiverr so I don't know who the thief is. I'm probably just being paranoid.

Quote for new page.

Roman posted:

Ok, I'll just post what I want and see who bites.

I have these two characters who are basically action movie heroes, and I did want action scenes/concept art, but I would like to start with a picture of them just walking together, talking and chilling.
I have a bunch of general idea concept pics I made with AI but want a real artist to actually make stuff to my specifications.
I have a bunch of these pics, a diagram and a document of how I want them to be positioned (facial expressions, clothes, what body part is doing what, etc.)

Not really looking for anime (unless it's maybe a more "real" style, definitely not chibi style and all that). Something more like concept art, or painting, or even photoreal-ish.
Please provide examples of work, links to websites etc.

Attached is a picture I saw that was the inspiration for wanting this made. That's the vibe I want.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Phylodox posted:

If you do decide to go with someone here, I could help you out with this. If you’d like, you can check out my portfolio at http://phylodox.com. You would retain all rights, all I would ask is the right to use the work in self-promotion (i.e. in my portfolio).
that's is the kind of thing I'm thinking of and I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Phylodox posted:

If you do decide to go with someone here, I could help you out with this. If you’d like, you can check out my portfolio at http://phylodox.com. You would retain all rights, all I would ask is the right to use the work in self-promotion (i.e. in my portfolio).
Looking at your stuff, I definitely think you have the vibe I need, especially for the one character who has a fun chaos about her. Also your faces are very good and I think your style works well with what I want.

Sending you a request via your website.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Phylodox posted:

I did, and they were great to work with! Definitely recommended.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Roman posted:

I did, and they were great to work with! Definitely recommended.

:swoon:

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
I edit video. $25/hour. Will do practically anything, including NFT promotion, corporate training, multi-cam projects and trailers. I am not from India and my stuff is good.

Demo Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GVSbFD-MEM

Zibraltar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 8, 2023

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Hi goons. I have had luck previously here, so looking to see who's around.

I need a graphic designer for a print book cover. Nothing terribly fancy, but something that can scale for different hardcover/softcover formats. As well, if it could be licensed out to print on some bookmarks and possibly a booth banner, that would be great (if not, that's okay, I can run something budget). In Canada, but budget is about 250 USD. Thinking about 3-4 weeks turnaround.

PM, thanks!

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
Hello all, does anyone take photoshop commissions? We did 3 year photos for our kiddo and in the picture we like the most he was showing "3" with his hand, but his index finger is starting to fall down so it looks like "2". Wondering if it's fixable at all and if I could pay someone to fix it. Thanks!

Edit: someone helped me out! Thank you!

Sunny Side Up fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 18, 2023

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have an extremely minor change I need done to a 3d model. Basically I need one part to poke out a bit more.

Throw me a quote and I'll throw you some cash.

I may have a few more minor mods but this one is the biggest one I need altered, subsequent changes will be paid as well.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have an extremely minor change I need done to a 3d model. Basically I need one part to poke out a bit more.

Throw me a quote and I'll throw you some cash.

I may have a few more minor mods but this one is the biggest one I need altered, subsequent changes will be paid as well.

Do you have a .blend file? Or is it in maya?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is an stl.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Not sure on the complexity involved but the "self service" STL modification stuff on Prusaslicer has really improved in the last year, worth checking out if you haven't looked at it in a while

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awesome! Haven't used prusaslicer in a long time, I'll give it a whirl tonight and see if it'll let me make the edit.

Thanks!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
My artist collaborator Alan is going full time into art so he is looking for paid commissions, if anyone needs an artist or illustrator. I'll share some of his portfolio here (images aren't at their full resolution):

Character design: https://imgur.com/a/sI5kUti
Background augmentation based on existing photo. This has been divided into foreground and background layers for use in Parallax scrolling: https://imgur.com/a/psCffmd
UI/UX menu design concepts and implementation docs: https://imgur.com/a/vRxIFQ1
HD Remaster mockups: https://imgur.com/a/3AnpN5A
Posters and key art: https://imgur.com/a/cDvo51Y

He can be contacted on Discord via alanmcmillian, or you can email me at dhamster (at ) megaknockdown (dot) com and I can connect you.

Edit: His artstation is here- https://www.artstation.com/the_art_of_alan_mcmillian

dhamster fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 29, 2023

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I need a book cover! But it's an intern position! Train for 4 months, make book covers! Simple job! We train you in customer skills and market you, and it's a fair employer! That's it!

But I'm looking for a lot of artists for work I haven't gotten paid for yet too! It's games and more, comic writers! Once they sell, we're a partnership! So we each get equal shares!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm looking for some character work for a D&D game I'm running, specifically the 8 gods of my pantheon. Each would get a full body or torso piece + simple icon. The style I'm looking for is similar in tone to what you'd see in most fantasy RPG sort of books. This is for a personal game, nothing that would be published.

I'm honestly not sure what the current going rate for this sort of work is, but I imagine it's north of $20-30/h per character depending on quality/size/etc, and I'm fine negotiating. If this is interesting to you I have DMs, you can post a link to a portfolio in thread, whatever works, and I'll look at them and let you know :)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Would you be up for referrals? I know a bunch of artists I've commissioned in the past, and they all have done good work.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Raenir Salazar posted:

Would you be up for referrals? I know a bunch of artists I've commissioned in the past, and they all have done good work.

Sure!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I have a photo I want to use for Xmas but need to drop a person out of the background. Are there any photoshop goons that could help me out? I'll pay of course.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I am interested in D&D character art. Just for me and the 4 other people in that game to look at, I'm not writing a book or whatever.

In full disclosure, I don't have a ton of money for this, so if you respond and I can't splash it and or have to save up first, don't take it as an opinion on your pricing.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wouldn't mind a copy of whatever you DMed that guy as it seems relevant to my needs here!

Phylodox posted:

went to look and your website is currently throwing SSL errors fyi

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Javid posted:

That’s weird. I just used an SSL check site on it and it said no problems.

You could always check out my ArtStation account:

https://www.artstation.com/phylodox

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Javid posted:

It's because there's a period at the end of the link in the OP's [url] tags. If you remove the period the site's SSL seems to work fine.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

edit: used a different thread. thanks!

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 26, 2023

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My mom has like an etsy website and some other website somewhere else that is basically impossible to make anything but the most trivial changes to (Weebly? Not sure).

So basically, I would like to know if there's anyone who is experience with making online storefronts and setting it up with whatever ecommerce platform, I think the
main thing is with etsy it handles a lot of the accounting? Like taxes or currency or shipping stuff for her? But I think the issue is Etsy also has a lot of very expensive fees?

So if there IS a better alternative, I'd like to explore that for her.

Javid posted:

I am interested in D&D character art. Just for me and the 4 other people in that game to look at, I'm not writing a book or whatever.

In full disclosure, I don't have a ton of money for this, so if you respond and I can't splash it and or have to save up first, don't take it as an opinion on your pricing.

I wouldn't mind a copy of whatever you DMed that guy as it seems relevant to my needs here!

Heya! Sorry I saw this earlier but got distracted! If you're okay with mostly animesque sort of art I can dm you!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've used Etsy in the past and it's great for the accounting side but holy poo poo do they nickel and dime you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone have a sticker printer and the ability to do some limited design work? I’d like about 30-40 oval stickers around 3x2”. Feel free to DM or reply here if you’re interested and we can work it out