Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I am looking for Video Editor with a bunch of technical and pricing questions. It's for a feature project editing a documentary.

You can email me at arrgytehpirate@yahoo.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoticus
Dec 30, 2004
Yeah, no, I got it.
Hello creative folks!

I am looking for a Graphic Media Designer who maybe has experience developing interesting but unobtrusive media projections for events. Specifically, this person would be able to create a sponsorship recognition video, consisting of 4 "slides" recognizing our event sponsors and committee, which would play on a loop throughout the night's festivities. It needn't be fancy, especially since the turnaround needs to be real quick, as our event is this Friday. In addition, I'm looking for a few (maybe 3-4 designs) slides for our auction, which can be static images, where we plug in details about our auction packages and project them throughout the night.

This is our first year with projections, so we're not looking for something particularly fancy, but my noodling in powerpoint has brought nothing but groans from coworkers. If you think you could work on a tight deadline and produce simple, clean results that fit the feel of the event, then email me at mtutino@gmail.com. Thanks to all who express interest!

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
## NOTE - the position has been filled, thanks for reading! ##

My creative area is games, specifically retro Lucasarts/Sierra-style adventures (think "Monkey Island", "Sam and Max", etc). I'm not a great artist, but up until lately, we've been quite comfortable operating at a pixel-art kind of level. As of lately, we've decided to try something a little less...well, pixelly. While we're quite capable of the programming side of things, a basis for the art is what we're lacking.

We're constructing a demo in the old comedy-adventure style to test feasibility of some new ideas, and we need an artist to produce turnaround reference-images for 4-7 cartoon characters. In terms of style, we've been dealing with "Sam and Max Hit the Road" kind of levels thus far, but we want to turn it up to something like "Curse of Monkey Island". For example below, here's an old version of the protagonist we've been using thus far -

We need him upgraded to look like he wouldn't be out of place in an environment like this:

Of course, we're looking to pay £££ for it. If it sounds like the kind of thing you'd be interested in, drop a message to jod (at) technocratgames (dot) com

Technocrat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 15, 2013

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Technocrat posted:

Bon morning!

My creative area is games, specifically retro Lucasarts/Sierra-style adventures (think "Monkey Island", "Sam and Max", etc). I'm not a great artist, but up until lately, we've been quite comfortable operating at a pixel-art kind of level. As of lately, we've decided to try something a little less...well, pixelly. While we're quite capable of the programming side of things, a basis for the art is what we're lacking.

We're constructing a demo in the old comedy-adventure style to test feasibility of some new ideas, and we need an artist to produce turnaround reference-images for 4-7 cartoon characters. In terms of style, we've been dealing with "Sam and Max Hit the Road" kind of levels thus far, but we want to turn it up to something like "Curse of Monkey Island". For example below, here's an old version of the protagonist we've been using thus far -

We need him upgraded to look like he wouldn't be out of place in an environment like this:

Of course, we're looking to pay £££ for it. If it sounds like the kind of thing you'd be interested in, drop a message to jod (at) technocratgames (dot) com

Sent you an email!

SVU Fan
Mar 5, 2008

I'm gay for Christopher Meloni
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but it's specifically related to freelancing.

A few quick questions:

1.) Is there a preferred online payment site? Is Paypal still the top of the list? I've been hearing good things about Amazon Webpay, but it might be weird trying to convince clients to pay me through a service they probably have never used before.

2.) I'm starting to do small commissions in my spare time off from my full-time art job. Is there any good advice as far as whether or not to present a contract, whether to get half the money up front, etc? These are mostly $50 or less very quick individual commissions

SVU Fan fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 12, 2013

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Kinda a random question, but does anyone know an artist who creates maps, if provided with a general outline? Ideally urban maps.
Thanks!

klaivu
Aug 29, 2006

"... Mother?"
Hello, I'm an illustrator for hire. I make my living by doing digital artwork for advertising agencies. I can do the same as your neighbourhood production house for less money.

I do paintings, drawings, 3d and photomanipulation. I'm specialized in developing new visual styles from scratch rather than working in a single one.

I'm used to crushing deadlines, and usually begin work within the same business day I receive a commission.

Also, you might remember me from the comic I posted here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3424156

klaivu fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 20, 2013

Teodorant
Aug 11, 2010
I'm a musician who performs under the moniker Abducted By Sharks. I am putting together a press kit, and I'm looking for someone to do a brief (couple paragraphs) write-up about my music. I'd like to hire someone who has experience writing press kits for bands and enjoys music in my genre (cyberpunk, industrial).

My budget is $50. Please PM samples of press-kit type write-ups you have done.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
I just posted this in the local thread, but anyone here local to SE SD - Sioux Falls area specifically with aftereffects/3D modelling experience? Or willing to commute in (heads up, we won't pay travel costs) for a spec work/moonlighting type thing?

My boss is trying to find someone to do an intro for a project he's working on, and we've gotten like 4 responses so far, two had absolutely atrocious demo reels (I do better work and I'm 100% self-taught and only started teaching myself aftereffects about a month ago when i got this job), and two were out of town. Really, the only requirement is that you can come in and do things in house on our pretty CS6 machine and not charge outrageous amounts. We're not exactly a fortune 500 with limitless funding.

cheeseplease
Feb 28, 2005
Hello Goons, I am a Motion Graphics Designer and Editor and I would like to pick up a few jobs from SA. I am well versed in Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, and Avid. I do logo animations, editing, color correction, intros, graphic packages and promos.

Please check out my work at https://www.dancingboar.com.

Thanks

Chi
cnhong {AT} gmail {DOT} com

cheeseplease fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 23, 2013

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
fulfilled

Zeris fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 23, 2013

Banque
Mar 15, 2010
Hey everyone, I'm an animator and illustrator available for hire and based in Brooklyn, NY. I have worked for top advertising agencies, directed animation for A-list music videos, as well as shown fine art in Manhattan galleries and curated shows around the city.
I can do both traditional and digital animation, motion graphics, drawings, paintings, concept design, VO work, and specialize in developing distinct and new design languages for every project I work on.

You can view my portfolio on my website, watch some vids on Vimeo, or keep up with my imageblog on Tumblr.

Feel free to email me at tommi [at] tommigweilo [dot] com

Thanks!

MulhollandDream
Nov 18, 2007
"OxnardMontalvo" , I sent you a email!!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If anyone is looking for a graphic designer for a freelance job, or if you're someone looking to collaborate on a project, feel free to check out my portfolio:

https://www.cargocollective.com/kschruder

Email: kyleschruder@gmail.com

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Looking for someone to take a pen/marker drawing I've done and color/finish it.

I'm working on a short sci-fi story and while I can do the basic design, I can't color or convert it to digital easily.

As for style- Looking for something similar to-
http://tituslunter.deviantart.com/

PM me or email me at faith.unfailing@gmail.com

and we can work out details.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Figured I may as well put myself out there.
I work as a cinematographer/videographer in Sydney, Australia. I come with my own little 5d kit but I'm quite at home working bigger cameras, much of my showreel is RED.
I'm also available as an assistant camera, with a preference for first AC, but I'm just fine as a 2nd AC too.
My showreel:
https://vimeo.com/60739899

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001
I am looking for a web developer familiar with Wordpress and scripting within Wordpress.

My law firm is launching a new website, and most of the work is completed. The site is live, but now needs someone, as quickly as possible, to fix browser compatibility issues, change the fonts across browsers, change some links that are incorrect and appear to be generated via script, and add the feature to share blog posts via email and social media as well as be responsive to other small odds and ends that may need to be tweaked.

Please email me at kalista at gmail dot com to discuss terms, get the site URL, and move forward. Thanks very much.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kalista posted:

I am looking for a web developer familiar with Wordpress and scripting within Wordpress.

My law firm is launching a new website, and most of the work is completed. The site is live, but now needs someone, as quickly as possible, to fix browser compatibility issues, change the fonts across browsers, change some links that are incorrect and appear to be generated via script, and add the feature to share blog posts via email and social media as well as be responsive to other small odds and ends that may need to be tweaked.

Please email me at kalista at gmail dot com to discuss terms, get the site URL, and move forward. Thanks very much.

Sent you an email just now. :cheers:

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

Fulfilled.

let i hug fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 21, 2013

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm looking to hire a Pixel Artist who is VERY proficient in animation for a point and click adventure game. I can pixel, but my animation skills are sorely lacking, so I'm looking for someone to bring the characters to life. Email me here: gaspyconana@gmail.com

Barnsey
Apr 19, 2005
Hello,
Looking for someone who has experience in website design, specifically E-Commerce and has some exposure to SEO. I will also be looking for a professional looking logo to be designed as part of the package. The theme for this is male fashion and I have some examples of work I like, which I will share.

Drop me a mail

gary at ba-bu.co.uk

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
T-SHIRT ARTISTS NEEDED!!!

I am sick and tired of being the only graphic artist at this company. My style of art is not what is currently popular, so I need folks who can help me fill in the gaps.

We print t-shirts here, and we are wanting to make a line of retro game inspired tees. Yes, I know this has been done a kajillion times... this is what the big-boss wants, so this is what the big-boss expects me to get.

We are looking to replicate the look of shirts a'la http://www.fangamer.net/collections/t-shirts If you can do that type of art let us know. We'll provide the subject/idea and you can make the art, so long as it isn't copyright infringing stuff.

This is a commercial print shop, so money is always tight. Because of that we would prefer to pay in *work trade* rather than *cash.* This means if you have a t-shirt idea you've been dying to see come to fruition, then we can trade our printing for your art. Or we can trade delicious, delicious beef jerky for your art. We sell beef jerky. So, yeah.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 21, 2013

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
I know you've already been banned, but the word "commercial" paired with any other word means you pay people for their poo poo. If money is too tight to pay people, then you don't have a business, you have a sweat shop.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm an animator/illustrator on summer break. Check out my temporary portfolio at https://www.kodie.me

In the past I've made adverts for National Geographic, created websites for security companies and loads more.

I also do 3D stuff with Maya and compositing with Nuke..

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm a 3D and 2D artist and 2D designer available for freelance and contract work. My day job is as an environment artist for Disney Interactive on the Disney Infinity title.

I'm looking for quality clients that I can work with directly to produce the art that they need without too much drama and I always tend to negotiate rates that fit in with a project's budget.

2D design: http://design.mutatedjellyfish.net/
3D game art: http://www.worthdayley.com/
Email: worthdayley@gmail.com

Cheers!

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

I'm potentially looking an artist to create a physical piece of art and then send it to me (ie not electronic based). In a way that I can easily hang it up on my wall\display it should I want to, in a fashion that fits the medium used (if that makes sense). So far I've just had friends do work for me, and generally its from people that don't make their living from art so I have no idea what sort of prices this kind of work entails.

Actually, I'd probably be looking for several pieces from different artists over a period of time. I'm interested in their interpretation of a vague description rather than laying out exact specifications. For example giving them a piece of music to listen to and asking them to make something 'horrifying' or a passage from a book and tell them to draw something 'happy and carefree'. This goes right down to choice of medium and any other design points that might be relevant.

I'd want some kind of pre-work example or indication of ideas, a doodle in crayon, pencil outline, ms paint etc. that I can veto or offer changes too, and I'd compensate for this work even if I didn't want to go ahead.

Size wise medium - pretty small, 1 foot x 1 foot (12 inches\30cm) as an approximate maximum for most items.

I want the artist to have fun with whatever they come up with and use their own imagination\interpretation.

What sort of price ranges are fair in this instance? I guess its a bit too wishy washy at the moment to really narrow things down but a round about figure would really help me, I've got no idea what ballpark this sort of thing sits in.

Is my request workable\fun\tolerable for an artist? I guess its down to the individual but I'd welcome it if anyone could point out any cardinal sins I'm committing or other ways I could format this better.

[edit - klaivu, I've had your 'One Nation under Cthulhu' as my desktop background for a while now and drat is that awesome. Never knew who made it until now]

Cast_No_Shadow fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 25, 2013

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

What sort of price ranges are fair in this instance? I guess its a bit too wishy washy at the moment to really narrow things down but a round about figure would really help me, I've got no idea what ballpark this sort of thing sits in.

Is my request workable\fun\tolerable for an artist? I guess its down to the individual but I'd welcome it if anyone could point out any cardinal sins I'm committing or other ways I could format this better.

It sort of depends on what medium you want and how soon you want it. Sounds like fun, though. I have a post earlier in this thread, but you can also check me out here: http://personalgenius.net
Most of my stuff online is ink & watercolor, but I've also been known to use oils and a variety of other mediums. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out for your budget.

Cheers!

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Your website gives me a 404 PersonalGenius. Medium wise, I'm happy to leave it to the artist so long as I don't outright hate it. Don't have PM's but assuming you have contact details on there I'll have a look and get in touch. Well when the site gets fixed up.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Your website gives me a 404 PersonalGenius. Medium wise, I'm happy to leave it to the artist so long as I don't outright hate it. Don't have PM's but assuming you have contact details on there I'll have a look and get in touch. Well when the site gets fixed up.

Wow, I am so sorry about that. :sweatdrop: I'm getting in touch with the admin right now to fix that.

In the meantime, you can look here: http://www.hireanillustrator.com/i/portfolio/danyell-thillet/ - contact info is here as well.
(My site is supposed to pull from this gallery, so it's the same portfolio either way)
You can also view my DA account: http://personalgenius.deviantart.com/gallery/ which is a little more organized.

Thanks for your patience!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

I'm potentially looking an artist to create a physical piece of art and then send it to me (ie not electronic based). In a way that I can easily hang it up on my wall\display it should I want to, in a fashion that fits the medium used (if that makes sense). So far I've just had friends do work for me, and generally its from people that don't make their living from art so I have no idea what sort of prices this kind of work entails.

Actually, I'd probably be looking for several pieces from different artists over a period of time. I'm interested in their interpretation of a vague description rather than laying out exact specifications. For example giving them a piece of music to listen to and asking them to make something 'horrifying' or a passage from a book and tell them to draw something 'happy and carefree'. This goes right down to choice of medium and any other design points that might be relevant.

I'd want some kind of pre-work example or indication of ideas, a doodle in crayon, pencil outline, ms paint etc. that I can veto or offer changes too, and I'd compensate for this work even if I didn't want to go ahead.

Size wise medium - pretty small, 1 foot x 1 foot (12 inches\30cm) as an approximate maximum for most items.

I want the artist to have fun with whatever they come up with and use their own imagination\interpretation.

I mostly work with traditional media. Primarily ink wash and pen. If you're interested in art with a darker sort of atmosphere, I'm always looking to take on freelance work.

Here's my portfolio if you're interested in getting in touch.

Email: brandongeurts@gmail.com

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 28, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PersonalGenius posted:

Wow, I am so sorry about that. :sweatdrop: I'm getting in touch with the admin right now to fix that.

I know how you feel, it's awful when your site goes down like that. I got my magazine reviewed by a website, and wouldn't you know that my website was down for like 3 days after the review posted wasting any potential traffic.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am looking for someone to help me with a very simple business card design. I know what I want but I lack the know how to create, size, and upload the file to a card printing place.

Something simple like this on the front, this is from a Vistaprint template. I am not married to this but I want something like it. I am fine with just using this stock one however.

So this is literally as good as I can do making an image to use on the back:

The idea is to have unlabeled hash marks in 1/2" scale along one edge and maybe some faint grid marks on the rest? I am not sure about that though.

I am really just looking for the design work now but if anyone here can also produce the cards I would like to talk about it. Otherwise the minimum that I want would be a file of the card back sized so it will scale correctly when I upload it. I have no idea what something like this would normally cost but I assume it isn't hard if you have more then MSPaint to work with and don't seem to have the case of the shakes that I do. Either way I am fine with paying for time and skill but would like to order these cards tomorrow or Monday so a fast turnaround would be nice.

PM me here or my username at gmail.

Found someone.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 2, 2013

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

triplexpac posted:

I know how you feel, it's awful when your site goes down like that. I got my magazine reviewed by a website, and wouldn't you know that my website was down for like 3 days after the review posted wasting any potential traffic.

Ugh, that sucks. At least I have a few back-up sites where I also show work. I should have everything up and running again within the next couple of days.

Artemisia
Jun 27, 2002

Fetish

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

(Commission details)

I'd be happy to talk to you more about this, if you like my work. Feel free to PM or e-mail me through the website contact link. ThankS!
https://www.joannabarnum.com

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

[edit - klaivu, I've had your 'One Nation under Cthulhu' as my desktop background for a while now and drat is that awesome. Never knew who made it until now]

This sounds pretty fun. I have no portfolio at this time, but this is kind of right up my alley (I am pretty decent with pen and ink, acrylic paint, and I just got some colored inks to play with). http://doodleordie.com/profile/saltv/doodles/likes

Edit: You don't have pm's, so here's an email address. sooeey (at) gmail. I'll also probably be pretty cheap, since I'm not a professional.

Bored fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 3, 2013

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

@ people responding to my post earlier.

Sorry about the delay in response, I'm already working with someone for one piece but almost certainly will be commissioning more than one. Probably 1 a month for a while, so I'll send out emails as I work my way down the list.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
I have a friend who is making a series of video pitches and wants to move from using "some guy I know" to an actual professional. I'm soliciting bids on his behalf.

The final product should be a video (or as my friend keeps insisting on calling it 'slideshow') of static imagines matched with provided audio. Basically a recording of a Powerpoint demonstration, to describe it in the ugliest way possible.

There is about six minutes of audio for each video. There may or may not be included art assets, or it may be part of the job to look for appropriate images. The audio does not need editing, beyond that necessary for timing. The subject matter is healthcare, the product is being sold to businesses and independent insurance agents.

The final number of videos is probably ~10 or so.

Anyone interested in more detail can ask in thread or contact me directly.

EnsignVix
Jul 11, 2006

edit: Position filled.

EnsignVix fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 29, 2013

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Obdicut posted:

I have a friend who is making a series of video pitches and wants to move from using "some guy I know" to an actual professional. I'm soliciting bids on his behalf.

The final product should be a video (or as my friend keeps insisting on calling it 'slideshow') of static imagines matched with provided audio. Basically a recording of a Powerpoint demonstration, to describe it in the ugliest way possible.

There is about six minutes of audio for each video. There may or may not be included art assets, or it may be part of the job to look for appropriate images. The audio does not need editing, beyond that necessary for timing. The subject matter is healthcare, the product is being sold to businesses and independent insurance agents.

The final number of videos is probably ~10 or so.

Anyone interested in more detail can ask in thread or contact me directly.

I might be interested. Contact me with more info at metalray(at)ymail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsketcher.
Sep 20, 2011
I am currently offering artwork/design for donations.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557316