Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ducks punches
Jul 12, 2004

PersonalGenius posted:

Hello all. I'm new here, but thought I'd dive right in.

I'm an artist and illustrator, available for editorial work, private commissions and gallery exhibition. I've had my work in magazines, in group and solo art exhibitions. I've done portraits and gig posters and pretty much anything you can think of. If you are in need of an art, I can make it happen!

Just vouching for PersonalGenius here, found her through this thread and she drew an amazing portrait for me in under a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

ducks punches posted:

Thanks again!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the work. :)

MakeThemCry
Feb 1, 2003

noooooo...
Hi everybody! I'm a freelance web designer offering my services to goons across the nation and abroad. I enjoy my work and offer great customer service at a reasonable rate everyone can afford. Check out my portfolio for samples of my work and my LinkedIn for recommendations.

Artemisia
Jun 27, 2002

Fetish
I have a new portrait thread up and running in SA-Mart!

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

mutata posted:

I can help you with this. Email me at worthdayley@gmail.com . My portfolio is http://www.mutatedjellyfish.net/design .

Hey, all. Just wanted to report my great experience -- working with Mutata was everything I could have asked for: professional, responsive, on-time, and high-quality. When I showed the proofs of the bottle-cap and beer-label design to some friends, they were all extremely impressed at the quality of the work. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a skilled graphic designer.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Hi, I'm currently taking a break from 2D spacemen and will be totally free to work on someone else's project for the time being.

I haven't done freelance in quite a while, but I work hard and I'm good at what I do. I enjoy doing pixel art the most, but I'm versatile:

Art:

Pixels:

Email me at supernorn@gmail.com if you're interested.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.
EDIT: Got someone - thanks for looking.

Hello - I need a transparent 64x64 emblem to use as an avatar in World of Tanks. I want it to be a mace - a medieval weapon that looks like this:

For the avatar, I don't want this one - I want something like this one - I would like it to be facing forward, like /, instead of backward, like \. Also, if you shrink this one down to the correct size, it gets small and dark, which would be difficult to see against a dull green, brown, camo background like on the tanks in the game. So you will have to take liberties with the scale and colors to make something that will be good and visible and clearly look like a mace. (Use a 45 degree angle to maximize the size). And also make it a 2D emblem, don't try to make 3D shading, unless you think you can do it and make it nice, that's your call. Visibility is what I'm going for here.

Here's a page that says what colors are ok:

http://worldoftanks.com/community/clans/1000011729-MACE/edit/

There are also 32x32 and 24x24 sizes for use elsewhere on the website, etc. and if shrunken versions of the 64x64 work, great. Otherwise, come up with something that looks cool. I also need a 64x64 that isn't transparent (with white or other color background).

Lastly, I'd like one that IS 3D or otherwise nicer looking to use as an avatar here at SA. I think that size is 125x125.

I can pay via pay-pal, and am willing to pay a reasonable hourly wage to someone to do this for me - I'm guessing it shouldn't take much more than an hour or two by someone who knows what they're doing.

Send me a sample (not of a mace, but something that shows what you can do) and give me a quote to: james.d.mason "AT" okstate.edu

I'll respond yes or no, so you don't wonder. Thanks.

JDM3 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 9, 2013

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
I'm looking for a graphic designer to fix a postcard I cobbled together to advertise my business. The text is done but the aesthetic is... upsetting.

Send me your portfolio or recent work, especially anything similar.

El Kabong fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 5, 2019

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Good friend of mine is working on relaunching his website Peace Shooter in a few weeks, we're looking for a web designer to redesign it. We've got a basic mock-up of what we're looking to be done immediately, with additional work (features/pages) over time.

We need a web designer to take our goofy mock-up and turn it into a clean, exciting, engaging place for kids ages 11-20 to want to come and not only buy this device but also spread the word to their friends.

Email me at ashex@chipnick.com or send me a PM with your portfolio/recent work to see the mock-up and we can discuss price and additional details.

mister_gosh
May 24, 2002

I have a rush photoshop request. My daughter's senior photos are due today for yearbook, and we took all outdoor photos. I just noticed that it has to be an indoor studio type shot from the chest up.

I have an outdoor shot that I need photoshopped to look like an indoor shot.

k.vantassell AT gmail.com or reply here. Name your price after you see the photo to determine the complexity.

Edit: Two different goons are currently helping out, just so any new readers are aware :)

mister_gosh fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 15, 2013

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

I'm looking for someone to do a couple sketches of a product I have to turn in for a patent.

These aren't the actual patent diagrams, these are the diagrams my lawyer's art people want me to draw so that they can do the actual drawings. In other words, these just need to be above stick figure quality. If you think you can draw anything CLOSE to what a google image search of 'patent diagram' returns, you're over qualified.

Pencil on paper, fully digital, doesn't really matter. My idea work flow is gchatting\aim\emailing you some descriptions and real life photographs, and me sending you money. I'm intimately familiar with design work and the fun of setting X price then dragging a simple job into 300 million revisions and will not be doing that to you.

For pricing, let's say THIS is the finished product. Multiple that by 3, and let me know what you would charge(that's way more complicated than what you'll be doing, I just think it's good for pricing).

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
I'm looking for someone that can do some PHP and database work for a website some friends and I are working on. It'd be mostly backend stuff, an auth system that ties in with phpBB, editable profiles that are attached to user accounts, a couple of things like that. My limited coding skills just aren't up to the task.

It'll take more than a quick post to explain any intricacies so if you're a PHP/SQL wizard drop me a PM and we can discuss scope and costs.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
My musician friend wants some help w/ his cover art:

musician friend posted:

I'm looking for someone to do a piece for the EP I'm working on. I'd like something that's situated between expressionism and Pop. I.e., some emotional intensity masked by formality/ironic distance. Few colors and a mass-produced quality would work well.

He's more surrealist than expressionist, but this artist's visual language is pretty close to what I imagine:
http://50watts.com/Dino-Buzzati-s-Poem-Strip

It would be a paid gig, please PM me if you're interested.

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

neonnoodle posted:

My musician friend wants some help w/ his cover art:

It would be a paid gig, please PM me if you're interested.

I don't have PM, but you can contact me here, http://about.me/dthillet, if interested. Thanks!

theeeno
Oct 25, 2013
Hello,

I'm new here. Looking for a graphic designer that could create a logo for a company. The company is called FTG Comms. It's a satellite provider so it would need to have something with a dish on it. Shoot me a private message if anyone is interested.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

theeeno posted:

Hello,

I'm new here. Looking for a graphic designer that could create a logo for a company. The company is called FTG Comms. It's a satellite provider so it would need to have something with a dish on it. Shoot me a private message if anyone is interested.

You have to pay for an account upgrade to get private messages, otherwise I'd shoot an message your way! Maybe list an email?

theeeno
Oct 25, 2013

McPantserton posted:

You have to pay for an account upgrade to get private messages, otherwise I'd shoot an message your way! Maybe list an email?

thinoaphay@gmail.com

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Yo, voiceover artist here. Happy to pick up any goon projects that need a narrator.

Sample:

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon
Just made a post in SA Mart regarding art commissions for the holidays, if anyone is interested: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3577236

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm writing a comic, but I can't draw. I'm too poor to get an entire issue done, but I'd like to get bids for some concept art (3-point turns for a few characters and a small blimp), and on doing a single page.

I'm looking for somebody with nice linework, and a lot of small details. Kind of in the area of an "100 Bullets" meets "Orc Stain" style. (I am bad at describing art, sorry!)
To be clear up front, with the 3-point turns, it is quite possible that I would want revisions done to them. I do freelance work myself, and the client wanting a bunch of changes all of a sudden halfway through a non-hourly rate project (for free:argh::argh::argh:) drives me insane, so I wanted to make sure I was upfront about it. Either account for it in your bid, or just mention that it's not included, and we can figure something out.

I'd be interested in landscape sketches too. Basically I just need a visual base to get inside the world a bit more before I feel comfortable getting much more in-depth with it.

If you're interested (or have any questions), you can drop me a line by PM, or at BRUrban@gmail.com.

surc fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 29, 2013

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Hey, I'm not much of an art guy, so please forgive my terrible descriptions.

I'm looking for someone to draw 7 pictures for me, some for my D&D campaign, and some pictures of friends and family to give as gifts. I'd like a somewhat cartoony, somewhat realistic style. You can contact me by PM or email me at REDACTEDREDACTED(at)gmail.com

edit: lots of good applicants, but the the position is filled.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 2, 2013

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

TaurusTorus posted:

I'm looking for someone to draw 7 pictures for me, some for my D&D campaign, and some pictures of friends and family to give as gifts. I'd like a somewhat cartoony, somewhat realistic style

I just made a post in SA Mart about commissions for the holidays: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3577236

Let me know if you're interested.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I do cover art for horror novels and such. You can buy ready-made covers here: https://ravenkult.bigcartel.com but I'm also available for commissions.

The Jays
Feb 14, 2003
I <3 b00b5!1!
I am a freelance architectural illustrator.

I work as an architect full time and I do 3d rendering on the side. Here are some recent images.

You can see my work at https://www.jjakobdesign.com and you can email me at jjakobdesign@gmail.com

The Jays fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 3, 2013

IHeartBoobs
Apr 20, 2003

Hello! I'm a professional motion graphics designer/compositor/VFX artist/3D guy freelancing under the name Designslashmotion. I specialize in broadcast media. Oh, I'm also an illustrator. I was actually a professional illustrator before I became a motion designer, and I'm actually looking to get a lot more illustration work again.

I've done work for clients like ESPN, MLB Network, NBC, CBS, CBC and Food Network. I have an Emmy award for outstanding graphic design production for MLB Tonight on MLB Network. You can check out a lot of my most recent work on my website:

http://www.mayzis.com

There isn't a tremendous amount of new illustration work on there yet, but just wait! If there's anything there that you do like and are interested in buying prints, I'm sure I can accommodate. Just let me know.

I'm looking to support clients on a wide variety of projects. If you'd like to contact me directly, you can email me at:

dmayzis<at>mayzis<dot>com

IHeartBoobs fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 6, 2013

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

IHeartBoobs posted:

Hello! I'm a professional motion graphics designer/compositor/VFX artist/3D guy freelancing under the name Designslashmotion. I specialize in broadcast media. Oh, I'm also an illustrator. I was actually a professional illustrator before I became a motion designer, and I'm actually looking to get a lot more illustration work again.

I've done work for clients like ESPN, MLB Network, NBC, CBS, CBC and Food Network. I have an Emmy award for outstanding graphic design production for MLB Tonight on MLB Network. You can check out a lot of my most recent work on my website:

http://www.mayzis.com

There isn't a tremendous amount of new illustration work on there yet, but just wait! If there's anything there that you do like and are interested in buying prints, I'm sure I can accommodate. Just let me know.

I'm looking to support clients on a wide variety of projects. If you'd like to contact me directly, you can email me at:

dmayzis<at>mayzis<dot>com

Awesome, awesome work.

Toilet Tsunami
Jan 27, 2013

Don't forget to wipe...
Greetings you creative bunch!

I'm looking for a web designer/programmer to help build a web site for a small side business I've been meaning to put online. The scale of the project is flexible depending on your recommendation and price point.

Send me a PM if you're a designer with availability. Budget is flexible depending on the scale we decide on -- prefer your wisdom over mine in this space.

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp
I need a logo designed for a short story magazine I'm starting. Details can be found in the SA-Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3584000#post421667856

I will, of course, pay up front. Links to portfolios are appreciated.

Wanderless
Apr 30, 2009
I'm looking to get a simple line art illustration done.

The picture I have imagined is that of a sheep standing in a pasture, looking quite relieved and with a speech/thought bubble over its head saying "Whew." I was thinking that the visual style would be somewhat like that of Wallace and Gromit, but I'm open to alternatives. Conveying the emotion is the priority.

I will be taking the drawing and carving it into wood, so incredible amounts of detail aren't needed. Budget is around $50 for a basic drawing. Alternatively, if you're adept with 3d software and interested in doing a model of the same scene, I would be happy to pay more for that service.

I have someone lined up for this now. Thanks!

Wanderless fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 18, 2013

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
I want this poster in my room:

The problem is that all versions of this image I can find are terribly small and full of compression artifacts. I figure cleaning up and vectorizing the image so it doesn't look poo poo when I blow it up to poster size would be more work than illustrating one from scratch.

To recap: I'd like the same text (well, slightly tweaked) with better typography, a nice ornamental pattern along the border, black on white, and 75 x 50 cm dimensions. If you're interested shoot me a bid over PM, I have no idea what a commission like this would go for.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Hey guys, I'm looking for a graphic designer to design me one of these:

I will provide the logos and such that need to be in it, but other than that I just want a nice looking design for the whole thing

This will be used at trade shows and stuff. Its for 2 radio stations.

If you are interested please send me a PM.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm looking to get some loose design concepts done for a re-design of a tutoring business. We've been around approx 10 years so our colour scheme is pretty well fixed and we're probably not looking to change it. Logo could do with some thoughts but we're limited by an ongoing trademark battle. I have some rough stylistic ideas that I can provide you with. Going with a bit of a shotgun approach here so I'm happy to receive PMs from more than one of you (and obviously you'd all get paid for your individual work). If you're interested, please send me a PM with your porfolio, ask me any questions you need to ask me, and we can work out what you would charge for your time.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
I am an artist currently specializing in character design in a bright, cartoonish style and a side of graphic design. I charge around $10/hr, having a couple years of amateur experience.

Most of my work on SA is character design for the LP of the trad game 13th Age. The best of my work can be seen in my portfolio-in-progress, and more is available on my casual work tumblr, which also includes some holiday prices.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
Hello, I am a writer seeking a cartoonist. I am writing a humor book about being in a band and how awful it is (in the style of a mock "guide" to being in a band), and I am looking for illustrations. These would be either based on the text, or whatever you can come up with, whatever's funnier.

So if you are a cartoonist who

-is into rock music
-has preferably been in a band at some point
-writes their own jokes as opposed to illustrating

get in touch with me with a link to your portfolio and we can discuss specifics.

jim
[at]
axemanjim
.co.uk

I am willing and able to pay cash for cartoons, but I would much prefer someone to partner with on this project in exchange for a percentage of sales, especially if you have more experience in publishing and marketing books and e-books than I have.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hello! I'm available for comic, children's or editorial illustration, as well as decorative fine-art pieces.

I specialize in colorful, fantasy & sci-fi line drawings and cartoony watercolors.

My work can be viewed on my portfolio site @ http://www.geoffreyzeiner.com/

Some matted decorative prints can be purchased @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/visimagora

I can produce and matt any print of any piece you see, so if there's something you like please inquire.

I am always available for commission, willing to discuss pricing to fit your needs.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I'm clearing out my stock of prints in anticipation of some new stuff next year, so I've put them up for sale on the SA Mart for $10 a piece, plus shipping.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3584893

There's that and more, in limited quantities. Get em while the getting's good!

rossthebern
Feb 17, 2004
Hello all,

My company is looking for a graphic designer to create a new label for the bottle of one of our products. We develop and manufacture all sorts of chemical products. This label is for an automotive product.

We would like to hear from any graphic designers with the skills to make a great label. However, for this project our ideal candidate would be someone who is either a car enthusiast, has designed automotive-related stuff before, yada-yada... Basically, someone with the ability to create a design that would stand out/pique the interest of other car enthusiasts. This could lead to more design work that we need as well, as we have several products that need to be redesigned.

If you are interested please email me at RBernst1@yahoo.com with the subject line "Goon Designer [your name here]"

Thanks!

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Hello!

I have created a card game but am in need of an artist. This is a personal project that I will be making a Kickstarter to get additional funding for, but obviously, artist payment is not dependent on the Kickstarter. I'll try and give as much information as I can about what I'm looking for without really knowing how to describe the style.

The art should be simple but clean; the game's random & funny, so the art should match the tone; there's no overall genre like sci-fi, horror, or fantasy, it's in a real-world setting, though the subject matter is geeky in nature. I don't have a set style in mind but here's a couple random google results that I found appealing.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__nw7NawW0gw/TTXpBa4eE9I/AAAAAAAAAJo/s6SqwjSqP7o/s400/captain-web.jpg (not the background stuff, just the character)
I've also always liked old film cartoon styles like this guy https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnjPVjK5rGFENDBcnFu9SmEnZ51Wv1VZ71UgN6SLJuikac9Eh1Cw

I don't need the actual card backs or borders designed, I can probably manage that, unless you have a particular interest in doing that as well. I just need illustrations. The game consists of the following cards that would need art, along with the potential for a few other things (box art, instruction cards, etc.).

* 50 square Room tiles - see http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bitstream/library/Betrayal%20Tiles?sort=3&page=1 for an example. Again, to be clear, this is way more realistic and detailed than I want, I just provided it for reference as to the functionality of the cards.
* 60 People you meet
There is also a third type of card that could be drawn but I'm not sure if it's feasible or necessary (since I think they're difficult concepts to draw):
* 60 activities

Thanks for reading. If you're interested, send me a private message, or if you don't have premium, you can send it to me at ThomasHare at gmail.

A big thank you shout out to forums user redcheval for helping me figure out how to even post this request.

Edit: The position is filled, thanks for your interest!

Reo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 1, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Looking for a musical specialist, composer or the like. Someone who can do parody stylings, covers or "sound-alikes" of famous themes from game/movie soundtracks or pop songs of various genres, though mostly instrumental.

Currently developing a web series for youtube and the idea was to avoid the use of actual copyrighted sources.

The videos themselves are typically under 10 minutes and ideally under 5, so the tracks themselves would likely be under a minute.

This is not my video but to give you an example of what I would be looking for. I am looking for Star Wars themes in particular though this is probably going to be an ongoing project after this, on a per track basis down the road. The first 38 seconds or so features a similar theme to the Imperial March that's different enough not to be it, but familiar enough to capture the same essence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCp6kzXK_6w

I know I'm emphasizing the John Williams score but more importantly I'm looking for someone who can do all kinds of genres, though again, vocals are probably unneccessary .

Send me an email kuo2002@gmail.com and put something either SA/Goon/Creative Convention related in the subject so I can catch it. I can also send you some work samples to give you a better idea what the finished product will look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Alan Smithee posted:

Looking for a musical specialist, composer or the like. Someone who can do parody stylings, covers or "sound-alikes" of famous themes from game/movie soundtracks or pop songs of various genres, though mostly instrumental.

You might want to look through Musician's Lounge threads to see if they have a work-for-hire type thread there. I think that's where the composers/song writers hang out.