Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R2ICustomerSupport
Dec 12, 2004

I am hiring someone in the SA Mart at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599571 to revise my interactive PDF form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I've posted in this thread before, but now I have a personal portfolio website for you to look at. I'm a digital artist with a cartoonish and illustrative style, with a heavy animation/comic influence.

The site is image-heavy and takes a bit to load, so please bear with me as I'm still trying to optimize it. If you can offer any input about improving the site itself, please let me know.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

John Liver posted:

The site is image-heavy and takes a bit to load, so please bear with me as I'm still trying to optimize it. If you can offer any input about improving the site itself, please let me know.

If you're not already using them already, check out ImageOptim and JPEGmini. Should help you get those filesizes down.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

pipes! posted:

If you're not already using them already, check out ImageOptim and JPEGmini. Should help you get those filesizes down.

Thanks, I'm surprised I hadn't found these earlier.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm hiring a freelance designer to make 3 simple, mostly typography, logos. Two of the three will be exactly the same with the exception of one letter being different.

$150 viapaypal, if I need revisions I'll pay $25 for each round of revisions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602543&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post424435180

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
I'm pricing (and ultimately hoping to hire) an artist for a homebrew Sentinels of the Multiverse expansion based on my WoW guildmates. If that sentence alone doesn't kill you with its utter nerdiness, please, read on.

Sentinels is a co-op card game. I'm trying to budget art to for several decks. Here's an example of the card format I'm working with:

The art I'm hiring for is the small pictures that go along with the card. I've got the format down, I just can't draw for balls. What I'm looking for:

- Several unique, recognizable characters
- Consistent style
- Action poses
- Dynamic, expressive faces
- Excitement (or at least a high level of tolerance) for some serious levels of geekery up ins

What I don't need:

- Art style at all consistent with the existing game
- Perfect and gorgeously polished work
- Color (It'd be cool, but it's not a huge necessity)
- Initial character design brainstorming (though not all characters have concept art to go along with the descriptions)

Here's the work that would be involved:

- Portraits for five characters
- Pictures for each card (20 images per deck, 5 decks - 100 pictures)
- Portraits for two villains
- Pictures for each villain card (Same, - 40 pictures)
- Portraits for two environments
- Same there (10 per environment - 20 pictures)

I know that this might cost an arm and a leg, but I'm willing to save up and dish out if I can make a connection with the right artist. Please be aware that right now, I'm just pricing this. I'm more than happy to set up a contract if we hit it off immediately, but if this isn't something that you're drawn to then please don't waste your energy trying to come up with a price range. I know that art is hard and there's nothing worth more to an artist than time and inspiration.

If this does float your boat, please PM me or drop me a line at myjunkness // gmail. Thank you!

EDIT: I've made a connection with an artist and we're moving forward with the project. :dance: A huge thank you to everyone that responded!

Fat Pony fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 30, 2014

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
Found the right people thanks

thewhitehand fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 21, 2014

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

thewhitehand posted:

My company would like to hire a digital artist to create the card frame/art/backing for a fantasy based LCG (Living Card Game). 150ish illustrations will be needed overall, whether that is one artist or a team we will have to work out. The art should have a darker/gothic feel. As this is a new company compensation will be a mix of money/equity that is negotiable along with the timeline for this project. Please PM or respond if you have questions or would like to submit a portfolio.

Do you have any examples of what you meant by "gothic"?

Also, do you have an email for submissions? I'd like to submit but have no PMs.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
Found the right people thanks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thewhitehand fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 21, 2014

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm looking for two things for my new website, a logo for the website, and a web designer for a Wordpress VIP based news site. Email me at brownmoses@gmail.com for more details.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
I am hiring a PhotoShop artist in SA Mart for our "humorous" wedding invites. Paying hourly for your time, or whatever you prefer.

I do a fair bit of contracting on the side and will do my level best not to be a lovely client :)

BlessedBullet
Aug 18, 2007
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
I manage the website for a non-profit organization which needs a major overhaul from a design perspective. The non profit's priority is hosting its annual convention. However, there's some ancillary things the org wants to do too (merchandise, blog, etc). In general, the site needs to be redone to focus on the convention but have some room for the ancillary stuff as well.

Since the org is made up of volunteers, it's difficult to get the exact mix of skills needed as well as focused dedication. As such, I would like to hire a professional to lead the execution to make sure it gets done. As a non profit, we can't be awesomely, but the compensation would be fair. There's also some compelling side benefits. There'd probably be room for more work in the future, many of the volunteers are good people to network with, and if attendance continues to grow as it has in the past years, you may have a modestly popular site in your portfolio.

The person would need to
  • Take organizational goals, UX wireframes, and existing brand guidelines to revamp a WordPress-powered site. Designer can expect to work with me on any additional requirements that may arise
  • Analyze impact of new design on older content and propose solutions
  • Build for flexibility e.g. a person with basic knowledge of web development should be able to look at your work and make edits to your css, etc. after the job is done
  • Build or propose various sub components such as A/B testing mechanisms, image carousel, image gallery, etc.
  • Coach or guide volunteers who may assist you in implementation
  • Job must be completed and accepted in 2 - 3 months, though I expect a dedicated and experienced professional could do the actual work in less than 80 work hours if all assets were provided.
Other Reqs
  • WordPress (Master Level)
  • "HTML5" stack (HTML, Java, CSS, etc)
  • Graphic Design (Build assets when they are unavailable)
  • Must have a portfolio of previous web jobs
Bonus
  • Located in the Seattle area
  • Experience setting up an eCommerce component
If interested, PM me your your contact info, portfolio, and expected price range.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

BlessedBullet posted:

2 - 3 months

:laugh:

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.
Hey, I do animated banners for SA or otherwise

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602321

also come at me with small website projects, bro

http://wurwaldesign.com/whatsite/

Tyorik
Dec 31, 2007
I'm gay for Michael Phelps.

But everyone's gay for someone - right? RIGHT?
I'm looking for an artist who can do a sort of lively and/or colorful recreation of a photo. My girlfriend's personal dog died, and being a K9 Handler with how much she loves dogs makes that a pretty big deal. I'd like to get her favorite picture of the two of them redone for her birthday coming up, especially since the picture isn't very great quality anyway. I'm really trying to keep it under $100 since I'm a poor college student.

tyorik at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Edit: klaivu will be helping me out. You guys are awesome

Tyorik fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 13, 2014

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Is this a good place to ask for somebody to write a quick blurb for a mobile app's Google/Apple store page? Doesn't really need to be anything fancy, just need something better than what my engineer brain threw together in 15 seconds. Given the simplicity of the game I'm guessing no more than 5 lines would be required, and even that might be overkill.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Gimme an outline and I'll devise and voice the thing for you.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Sorry, was able to find somebody to write it for me. Thanks anyway!

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
I'm using Fat Pony's post above as a template for what I'm looking for because its so drat close to where I'm at right now.

I'm pricing (and ultimately hoping to hire) an artist for a mobile game that I've had in the making for 2 years now.

Background on me:
I've been a gamer for my entire life. I developed a game back in early 2000 that netted around $3500, and I was 12 at the time. I did everything from server, client, management, etc.. but not graphics.
My current career is all over the IT world, from help desk to developer to lead ops engineer.. you get the picture (Notice how graphics is not in any of those titles?)

Background on the game:
I'm going into a crowded market, the mobile "push button, wait x time, collect y reward" market. The game that I've got coming together balances a mix of "Farm X, Wait Y minutes, Collect Z" with a global trading market, and a performance driven global stock market.

What I've got so far:
The API is complete (coded in Python)
The processing server is complete (also coded in Python)
The server setup is complete (via Chef/AWS)
The client side is coming along (via Objective-C/iOS)

The art I'm hiring for is backgrounds, structures, logo, icons, and graphical text; very specifics:

- Several "buildings" that produce goods to be sold on the world market, examples would be a Refinery, Farm, etc.
- Buildings have multiple levels so building "progression" type
- Consistent style, cartoonish even.
- Logo for the game text (this is probably optional)
- "Icons" to represent a visual indication of every resource (For example, a Farm produces Food, Food would be nicely represented by an icon with a Corn in the middle of it or something).
- Backgrounds that the buildings sit on, overall consistent theme.
- Graphical text to pop up "Jobs done!" or "Great Job!"
- Color

What I don't need:

- Perfect and gorgeously polished work
- Realism in images, not looking for the most real looking structures.

Here's the work that would be involved:

- 2D Images of 5 different types of buildings
- Background/Texture that meshes well with buildings being on top
- Game logo
- Small graphics to represent each resource
- At least 10 text based graphics, more for popup purposes like "Great Job!" instead of just flashing text of Great Job! Text doesn't look good.

My passion and last pitch: I didn't know Objective-C more than 6 weeks ago, but I bought two books and am now nearly finished with the data side of the iOS app. This is all for the sole purpose of this game that cannot get off my mind.

I know that this might cost an arm and a leg, but I'm willing to save up and dish out if I can make a connection with the right artist. Please be aware that right now, I'm just pricing this. I'm more than happy to set up a contract if we hit it off immediately, but if this isn't something that you're drawn to then please don't waste your energy trying to come up with a price range. I know that art is hard and there's nothing worth more to an artist than time and inspiration.

Edit: I've got a potential connection with an artist and am going to commit to that and see how it works out. Thanks!

FlashBangBob fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 20, 2014

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."
I'm doing inexpensive illustrations to make some pocket money. I'll draw almost anything you want. Almost being, nothing super crazy weird (if its banned on SA I probably won't draw it)

Here are some examples of what you can get for $15.

You can see more of my art here http://krisbrannock.com & http://krisknife.tumblr.com/

You can contact me at knbrannock @ gmail.com

Jonathan_H
Jan 20, 2006
I'm looking for a graphic designer and web designer to develop some branding and a e-commerce site for a business I'm starting up. Just so you know where about's in the whole process I am at the moment, we're currently shopping around for someone that really clicks with us and what we're trying to achieve as well as a quote. We've get a couple other quotes from dedicated brand/website development companies, but thought I'd throw this out on here to see if theres any freelancers who would be interested in taking the project on.

I don't want to go into to much detail on here regarding the product that we are designing, I'm more than happy to explain more privately with someone interesting in the project once an NDA has been signed.

What we're looking for is someone to do our company branding, colour schemes, typography, logo design, letter heads, business cards, data sheets, as well as an advert or two (print & web).

We're also looking for a simple looking 4-5 page website that allows customers to get in depth information on the product, watch a couple of product videos, find out where local retailers are, as well as buy it on the website and a quick bio on the company and its founders. I do have some rough plans drawn up for this and some ideas on what we'd like to see, but thats about as far as we get in terms of web design. We do know we'd like to feature parallax scrolling on a couple of the pages though.

We're based in the UK about half an hour from London, but are willing to work with someone anywhere in the world. As I said before, we're looking for someone who can really bring out vision alive. We're incredibly passionate about what we're creating and are looking for someone with a similar outlook in regards to the work they do and also making this happen.

Obviously it is probably easier if this is all done by one person, but if you're a web developer but know and work with a graphic designer or visa versa we'd be interested as well. If you're just one of these get in touch too and we could try and put a team together.

So if you're interested get in touch, my email is jonathan at popaudio dot co dot uk. Maybe send us a portfolio/past work/examples and then once an NDA is signed I'd be more than happy to send over the full brief and chat/skype to get more details and a quote and we'll take it from there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Hello, I'm Phylodox. I do arts. You need arts? I will do arts for you! I will make ALL the arts for you!!!

You want samples? I have samples:

ILLUSTRATOR!!!

PHOTOSHOP!!!

Tom Waits is awesome!

NOT ON THE COMPUTER!!!

Okay, that last one was a little bit on the computer.

If you want, you can see all that and more on my ONLINE PORTFOLIO THAT I HAVE!!! Generally, I charge between $10-$25 per hour depending on how complicated the job is. If you just want me to do a quick sketch of your otherkin fursona then it'll be super cheap and I promise I won't judge you to your face! If you want me to do a super-detailed painting of your dog dressed up like he thinks he's people...well, that's gonna cost you. I have PMs, so you can send me your message that way and no one will have to know! Or you could use the contact form on my website, too, that's always fun!

I drew a map.
Jan 16, 2014
I am a graphic designer who has experience in illustration and web design with recently acquired bachelor's degree in graphic design. I do everything. You can contact me at jthoma29 at students dot towson dot edu and see some of my work at jamieleedesign.tk. I recently did some work for the minecraft server Wilson SMP ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3373040 ). I work cheap at the moment because I wish to expand my portfolio, and I am unemployed.

I drew a map. fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 5, 2014

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem
What's going on goons and girls? I'm looking for a long term partnership with an artist for a webcomic. It's been in production a long time and I've already got scripts for 150 comics (and still pumpin them out!) as well as the designs of all the characters perfectly envisioned in my head.

The format is a 3 panel gag-a-day comic that's extremely goofy and over-the-top with very exaggerated but hopefully endearing characters. My number one vow is, whatever the subject matter there will always be a joke at the end.

With that being the case, I'd love the art style to match it, very exuberant, blocky, cartoony and stylized rather than realism. I want it simple, so its easy to produce but slick so there are no rough edges. Because we've got to get em out quick to meet demand! (I'll fill you in on that part if you're interested.)

To me, someone who can illustrate my artistic vision and silly jokes perfectly or near perfectly is priceless so even though this is a partnership, you get more out of this financial-wise then me and I will get you whatever we decide is fair no matter what. I get a serious kick out of seeing my stuff coming to life because I've never done this before. It's very exciting!

If you can start now, that would be the best because I've been building up an audience that unfortunately will go away soon if we don't move quickly.

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."

SpoonfulofBromide posted:

What's going on goons and girls? I'm looking for a long term partnership with an artist for a webcomic. It's been in production a long time and I've already got scripts for 150 comics (and still pumpin them out!) as well as the designs of all the characters perfectly envisioned in my head.

The format is a 3 panel gag-a-day comic that's extremely goofy and over-the-top with very exaggerated but hopefully endearing characters. My number one vow is, whatever the subject matter there will always be a joke at the end.

With that being the case, I'd love the art style to match it, very exuberant, blocky, cartoony and stylized rather than realism. I want it simple, so its easy to produce but slick so there are no rough edges. Because we've got to get em out quick to meet demand! (I'll fill you in on that part if you're interested.)

To me, someone who can illustrate my artistic vision and silly jokes perfectly or near perfectly is priceless so even though this is a partnership, you get more out of this financial-wise then me and I will get you whatever we decide is fair no matter what. I get a serious kick out of seeing my stuff coming to life because I've never done this before. It's very exciting!

If you can start now, that would be the best because I've been building up an audience that unfortunately will go away soon if we don't move quickly.

I'd be interested, do you have an email you want me to contact you at? :D You check out my stuff krisbrannock.com (maybe not your style but I'm very flexible) & email me at knbrannock@gmail.com

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

I'd be interested, do you have an email you want me to contact you at? :D You check out my stuff krisbrannock.com (maybe not your style but I'm very flexible) & email me at knbrannock@gmail.com

I LOVE your art and sent you a very enthusiastic email! Glad you're interested! :)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
A buddy of mine is graduating college in a couple months and I want to get t-shirts made with his face on them. I have a specific picture in mind (a headshot of him making a dumb face) to turn into a t-shirt design. I'll obviously compensate you fairly for the time involved in turning the picture into an image I can get printed up on a shirt--this might mean I'm paying you just to vectorize a .jpg, whatever, it's worth it to me to make it look cool and I don't know how to do anything with pictures. Hit me up over PMs or just put up your email here and I'll get at you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chantilly Say posted:

Hit me up over PMs or just put up your email here and I'll get at you.

I might be able to help you with this. You can email me at alan at phylodox dot com if you're interested. I've vectorized a few images in my time. You can check out my portfolio (http://phylodox.com) to see a couple of examples if you like.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Anyone up for some simple character work? I joined a D&D campaign a little while ago, and I've grown pretty attached to the latest character I made. I figure it would be fun to have a shot to share with the group, but me no art good.

The character is a ratling alchemist; I've got a full description written up, but I won't waste space in the thread with it since they all look relatively the same (you racist) and a quick google search can give you the general idea. He has the whole vengeful mad scientist bomber kind of archetype going on, so an overly-bright/smooth/cheerful cartoony style wouldn't fit this character too well. I'm thinking either something in the along the lines of a rough/ragged/action-y sketch, or a more typical inked comicbooky lineart style. Black and white is fine, no need to worry about color or backgrounds.

I can pay through Google Wallet or maybe Amazon, but sorry, no Paypal. Shoot me a PM on here or an email to sentient.data@gmail.com with an idea of what you'd want and an example of a piece you've done in the style - thanks!

E: To update, here's how the finished piece looks. Up to the Goon if a name should be displayed here - I certainly don't see why not, I just haven't been given permission to do so yet

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 31, 2014

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
My gf's food delivery company wants to commission me to do;

1x pictogram [read "comic"] showing how to use the company's service

1x pictogram [read "comic"] showing what occasions the company's service would be good for.

A monthly 4 panel strip featuring the adventures of the company mascot.

What should I charge them? FYI it's a Chinese company.

Thanks in advance!

le capitan
Dec 29, 2006
When the boat goes down, I'll be driving

Facepalm Ranger posted:

My gf's food delivery company wants to commission me to do;

1x pictogram [read "comic"] showing how to use the company's service

1x pictogram [read "comic"] showing what occasions the company's service would be good for.

A monthly 4 panel strip featuring the adventures of the company mascot.

What should I charge them? FYI it's a Chinese company.

Thanks in advance!

Uh that really depends. How much work is it going to take to make the pictograms and figure out how much you want to make hourly.

You might want to just ask them what their budget is and take it from there.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

le capitan posted:

Uh that really depends. How much work is it going to take to make the pictograms and figure out how much you want to make hourly.

You might want to just ask them what their budget is and take it from there.

Thanks man, I asked them and they asked to set the price so I put it at ¥100 an hour which is £10 an hour approx. I'll find out on Monday their opinion.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Sup creative goons. Since it's mostly design-oriented, I thought my sa-mart post would fit in here (don't worry it's not a spec job):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617421

Pochoclo posted:

Hello mart goons. I'm doing a really small webapp thingy, half as hobby, half for work, but I suck at design. I need someone really good at designing usable UIs and at making them very pretty. Most of the app is already functional at idoli dot se - you can check it out there, but here's the list, keep in mind I'm not a usability expert and this is up for change, as long as everything goes by the project's keyword which is "minimalist as gently caress":

* Home
- Big search input
- Autocomplete (picture and name with partial bolding)

* Idol view
- The same search input from the home, somewhere, smaller
- Idol heading with picture, name, and share buttons
- (if logged in) Comment form (a textarea and send button)
- (if not logged in) Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect buttons
- Comments, with user picture, date (x minutes ago), then the text

* General
- I strived to make everything as real-time and small and fast as possible
- The principles of the whole thing are a mobile-first approach, superfast loading, real-time updating, stupidly simple interaction flow (caveman friendly)
- The only images should be user pictures, idol pictures, and maybe the logo (which I would also need to be designed)
- Design must be responsive with breakpoints at 320, 768, 1024+ (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- I'm not sure which price should be adequate for this work - I'm ready to spend 250-500 bucks, maybe up to 500-1000 if you have a really awesome portfolio. I need something that will look and feel amazing.
- I'm in Argentina. One time I had to make a 700 euro payment through Paypal and I had to do it in several daily 200 dollar payments and I'm still not sure why. If I have to, I'll go down to a Western Union, or see if I can wire it through bank, just keep in mind it's one of those things that comes with living here.
- I'm always reachable via this thread, PM, or hemeranyx9 at gmail dot com

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

It's me, I'm the (mouthpiece for the) idiotbitch client! We're a non-profit organisation of EFL teachers and we're in the process of a website re-design (totally separate project). But at the moment, our "logo" is just a text treatment and it's terrible, our colours are horrible, it's all hosed up and we need a logo and colour scheme right away. Unfortunately, the organisation is run by a committee of English teachers who meet monthly and get things done on a glacial time scale and know nothing about art anyway but I have this feeling that they'll all have very strong yet somehow unexpressable opinions on logos. :sigh:

Believe me, I know that spec work is bullshit but that's kind of the way the committee wants to go at the moment (with a contest). The upside of this is that it would be a take-it-or-leave-it deal for the committee so there wouldn't be this endless negotiation about line weight or whatever. The downside is spec work.

How should I manage this project? How should I budget for it? How can I get this done without being a dick to dozens of losing contest entrants and without killing our designer with change requests from 12 non-artistic people over 90 days?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

greazeball posted:

It's me, I'm the (mouthpiece for the) idiotbitch client! We're a non-profit organisation of EFL teachers and we're in the process of a website re-design (totally separate project). But at the moment, our "logo" is just a text treatment and it's terrible, our colours are horrible, it's all hosed up and we need a logo and colour scheme right away. Unfortunately, the organisation is run by a committee of English teachers who meet monthly and get things done on a glacial time scale and know nothing about art anyway but I have this feeling that they'll all have very strong yet somehow unexpressable opinions on logos. :sigh:

Believe me, I know that spec work is bullshit but that's kind of the way the committee wants to go at the moment (with a contest). The upside of this is that it would be a take-it-or-leave-it deal for the committee so there wouldn't be this endless negotiation about line weight or whatever. The downside is spec work.

How should I manage this project? How should I budget for it? How can I get this done without being a dick to dozens of losing contest entrants and without killing our designer with change requests from 12 non-artistic people over 90 days?

Post it on a website that specializes in such design contests and don't waste any real designers time with it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

greazeball posted:

I'm getting anxious just reading this post, these are the worst kinds of projects haha

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking for someone to do a series of avatars for several websites, possibly along with stills for a video. They need to be bold, like something you'd see on an iPhone, but less glossy. Please send me an e-mail at [email][/email] with pictures and an estimate. I am willing to pay more than you would expect.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 11, 2015

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Phylodox posted:

Hello, I'm Phylodox. I do arts.
Just recommending Phylodox, he does great work and has a good eye.

OtherCubed
Nov 12, 2008

:ese::saddowns:
I do motion design and animation! I'll help out with anything from promo videos to full blown projects. I also offer retainer services, so if you find you have the occasional presentation that could use spicing up we can figure something out.

I've just put up a new showreel: http://othercubed.com/motion-showreel-early-2014/

Contact info is on the site, or you can PM me on here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Not sure if this is the right place, (looking for free art) anyone want to make an 'I survived the Heartbleed info-sec apocalypse 2014' graphic and likely become temporarily famous?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)