Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlessedBullet
Aug 18, 2007
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
I manage the website for a non-profit organization which needs a major overhaul from a design perspective. The non profit's priority is hosting its annual convention. However, there's some ancillary things the org wants to do too (merchandise, blog, etc). In general, the site needs to be redone to focus on the convention but have some room for the ancillary stuff as well.

Since the org is made up of volunteers, it's difficult to get the exact mix of skills needed as well as focused dedication. As such, I would like to hire a professional to lead the execution to make sure it gets done. As a non profit, we can't be awesomely, but the compensation would be fair. There's also some compelling side benefits. There'd probably be room for more work in the future, many of the volunteers are good people to network with, and if attendance continues to grow as it has in the past years, you may have a modestly popular site in your portfolio.

The person would need to
  • Take organizational goals, UX wireframes, and existing brand guidelines to revamp a WordPress-powered site. Designer can expect to work with me on any additional requirements that may arise
  • Analyze impact of new design on older content and propose solutions
  • Build for flexibility e.g. a person with basic knowledge of web development should be able to look at your work and make edits to your css, etc. after the job is done
  • Build or propose various sub components such as A/B testing mechanisms, image carousel, image gallery, etc.
  • Coach or guide volunteers who may assist you in implementation
  • Job must be completed and accepted in 2 - 3 months, though I expect a dedicated and experienced professional could do the actual work in less than 80 work hours if all assets were provided.
Other Reqs
  • WordPress (Master Level)
  • "HTML5" stack (HTML, Java, CSS, etc)
  • Graphic Design (Build assets when they are unavailable)
  • Must have a portfolio of previous web jobs
Bonus
  • Located in the Seattle area
  • Experience setting up an eCommerce component
If interested, PM me your your contact info, portfolio, and expected price range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU