Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
UPDATE :siren: AS OF 2013, LINKS TO SPEC WORK IN SA-MART ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED IN THE WORK-FOR-HIRE THREAD. LINKS TO SPEC JOBS WILL BE REMOVED.:siren:

Artists and designers deserve to get paid for their time, not just for the finished product. "Draw me a logo and if I like it, you get paid" is bullshit. If you have no self-respect and would like to work hard for the chance of getting paid enough for a Meat-Lover's Pizza, go directly to SA-Mart.

NOT OK
  • "I want a logo/tattoo/banner/thing, everyone post their designs and whichever one I pick, you get $X."
YES OK
  • "I'm an artist selling sketches/prints/web sites/portraits for $X."
  • "I/my company want to hire someone as a freelancer/independent contractor, please submit a bid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Texibus posted:

Hello,

My friends and I did a thing, and we'd like it animated. The run time we have with the written dialog is around 15-25 minutes, it would be set in an urban area with five distinct characters and a few undead. We're not doing this as an entertainment venture, so it just needs to be passable enough to entertain those who helped write the script and there isn't a time table for when you'd need to have it done. So, a novice doing this as a side project for cheap would be what we are looking for.

What would an hourly rate be for this type of project and how long does it take to animate 20 minutes? I imagine that varies greatly depending on detail and the actions of the characters, but please try and ball park it.

Also, since this is our first time doing something like this we might need someone to tell us how the process works and what you'd need from us to get it done.

Hahahahahahaha no.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
My musician friend wants some help w/ his cover art:

musician friend posted:

I'm looking for someone to do a piece for the EP I'm working on. I'd like something that's situated between expressionism and Pop. I.e., some emotional intensity masked by formality/ironic distance. Few colors and a mass-produced quality would work well.

He's more surrealist than expressionist, but this artist's visual language is pretty close to what I imagine:
http://50watts.com/Dino-Buzzati-s-Poem-Strip

It would be a paid gig, please PM me if you're interested.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
What is your budget?

SA.neonnoodle@gmail.com

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
PM sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonnoodle