Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
## NOTE - the position has been filled, thanks for reading! ##

My creative area is games, specifically retro Lucasarts/Sierra-style adventures (think "Monkey Island", "Sam and Max", etc). I'm not a great artist, but up until lately, we've been quite comfortable operating at a pixel-art kind of level. As of lately, we've decided to try something a little less...well, pixelly. While we're quite capable of the programming side of things, a basis for the art is what we're lacking.

We're constructing a demo in the old comedy-adventure style to test feasibility of some new ideas, and we need an artist to produce turnaround reference-images for 4-7 cartoon characters. In terms of style, we've been dealing with "Sam and Max Hit the Road" kind of levels thus far, but we want to turn it up to something like "Curse of Monkey Island". For example below, here's an old version of the protagonist we've been using thus far -

We need him upgraded to look like he wouldn't be out of place in an environment like this:

Of course, we're looking to pay £££ for it. If it sounds like the kind of thing you'd be interested in, drop a message to jod (at) technocratgames (dot) com

Technocrat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU