Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Hey thread, I'm looking for a classy painting/acrylic/watercolor/classy of our two cats, as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I'll provide photos of both. her birthday's not until 7/11, I just wanted to get it figured out in advance. I don't have PMs, so if you could respond with a way of contacting you, that'd be great.

I'd also be fine with computer-generated art, as long as it can be printed/produced in a way that's suitable for framing and hanging.

Classy watercolor portraits of pets are my specialty. let me know if you have any questions about pricing, sizes, etc.

http://www.jeffspetprojects.com/

Edit: my email is: jeffspetprojects@gmail.com

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Chitin posted:

Note the thread title. "Work for Hire/Freelance," not "amateur collaborator/portfolio builder." A lot of people come through thinking that's what it is, and it ain't.

On a positive note, I want to thank fellow goon Carl Killer Miller for paying a reasonable price for a painting commission I did for him recently.

I feel we should take time to call out the good folks who follow through and are awesome. It's easy to get jaded as a professional artist.

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 15, 2014

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Long Francesco posted:

I'd like to have a painting commissioned of some pets for a Christmas present, but I'm not exactly sure how this whole thing works. I assume I'd review portfolios, choose one who style I like, send them a bunch of pictures, and then they would do a basic sketch and do revisions until it's good to do a final version?

I want to say I'm looking for something like a 20x32 oil(? I dunno much about art, or art sizes) painting, that can be framed on the cheap, something large enough to recognize the dogs from across the room that looks classy and realistic. I'm sure it depends on the artist, but what would an average price for that go? I'd like to pay a fair price and certainly not rip off a starving artist, but at the same time I'm not a rich man.

I'd like to figure all this out now so I can set aside enough money and have it on time for Christmas. Thanks art goons!

I work with watercolors and I think they are a good option. They can be just as striking as oils, and probably ship easier/cheaper as well.
Price for the work would still be in the $300-400 range for something that size.

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 27, 2016

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

hac posted:

I really enjoy Simon, Zoey, and Wilbur. Nice work!

Hey thanks! Do you have any of your work online?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

hac posted:

Not really. Recent work I post on instagram @kmhack

Been meaning to get a website together for a while. Hopefully in the next few months I'll finally get my act together.

Squarespace is a good start. Very fast and easy to set up and there are all sorts of 'promotions' out there you can find to knock a few bucks off.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Hi folks. I'm looking to get a portrait, painting, not sure what done for my Mom and Dad's house. Both of my childhood pets died in 2015 and I want something that involves the two of them (whether it's them together in a setting or just side by side portraits). Something they can hang on the wall that looks classy. If anyone has any ideas, PM me and we can discuss it! It will be a joint effort and big gift from my sister and I, so we are not looking to be stingy at all.

If you are looking for portraits of your pets, I paint watercolor pet portraits:
http://www.jeffspetprojects.com/index/

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

E: You don't have PM - got an email I can contact you at?

jeffspetprojects at gmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

kinnas posted:

Fortress Occident is looking for a freelance character modeller capable of working with Blender or Maya to help us out with No Truce With The Furies, an isometric RPG.

The applicant must be proficient in the following:

1) Character modelling and character asset modelling (jackets, trousers, shoes, hair, and so forth);
2) Creating optimal UV layouts;
3) Character texturing that would fit our game’s painterly style;
4) Rigging a plus.

Please send your application and portfolio to fortressoccident@gmail.com

Is it paid? I might have a friend who would be interested, but only if it's a paid gig.