Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Congrats on the new thread! I agree that spec work sucks.

I do illustrations. I've done a lot of avatars so far and folks are very pleased. Have a look at the OP in my SA mart thread and you can see some images and read the testimonials:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506016

Some recent samples:

A portrait with famous rapper vapors (commissioned as a present for a friend).

An illustration for a website(Police Schedule) and a logo(http://www.rageplushies.com/).

Just ask me in the thread, email or PM and I'll quote you a price. I usually cut me own throat if the past is any indication.

Edit: Site name.

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

angus725 posted:

Any recommendations on where/who I should look for commissioning an animated swf/gif?

Trying to find someone to do an animated avatar for a variety of sites I use.
A PM has been sent.

Just to put it out there, I make avatars all the time both still and animated and I can do other stuff too.

My SA Mart thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549812

And a couple of recent samples:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

There's nothing wrong with posting a thread there asking people to submit their portfolio for consideration and then commissioning one artist to make your thing. It's also much wiser from a client viewpoint because doing spec work you inevitably hedge your bets and try to minimize the risk by not investing too much work as it might go to waste. By commission you get the artist engaged to perform to their best ability and most probably they'd work more than what the job is "worth".
There are a couple of threads by dudes who offer art related work on the SA-Mart and you can filter posts by "art" to find them I think.

This thread is good for finding dudes and also cross posting your commission request, please read the rules/op for either option.

hth