Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm looking for a 3D sculptor to create a sculpt out of an owl picture I took. Read on if interested...

I am an avid bird photographer who also loves to paint models. My eventual goal is to get better at digital sculpting and produce my own 3D-printed, life-size replicas of the birds I take pictures of and paint them up, but I have not been progressing very quickly in sculpting skill so I'd like to pay someone to complete that part so I can have the thing 3D printed and painted.

Specifics:
-- realism is obviously very important (as true to the photo as is possible)
-- high level of detail is necessary (ie. not just rough shape but feather details etc)
-- model has to be 3D printable
-- a zbrush file at the end would be preferred

The subject:

I have lots of reference shots taken at different angles I can provide. The owl is approximately 6" high.

I honestly don't know what a non-insulting amount is for something like this. I am thinking of somewhere around $250 US. If you are interested or want to laugh/yell at me please contact me via PM or at colquhoun@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm finally ready to start some work on a line of fantasy, anthropomorphic owl 3D miniatures that have been in my head for a few years now. First step is to find an artist who is able to make me nice illustrations that can be used for marketing of the characters plus as a reference for the 3D sculptor to use to sculpt the model. I was going to go through fiverr but wanted to try here first.

I have 8 characters I need initially (many more planned), but I'd like to do these one at a time initially until I get a better feel for how things are going. For each character I need an illustration similar to what I'm attaching to this post, plus simple B&W line drawings of the side and back as well. I have a pretty good idea in my head what I'm aiming for, and I've collected all sorts of reference images to help me communicate what I'm after. I'm also happy to take suggestions.

I have no idea if this is an odd and/or reasonable request, but I'd also want the source file you produce.

Please PM with rate and some references if possible. These are for a commercial project.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I can't do anything to help but god drat do I wanna see some art about owls and dnd. That is extremely my jam. (Not my pic, just a big fan)
Glad to hear at least one more person would be interested in my project. :)

So no one has responded to my request in here, but I'm actually having a real problem finding any artists to hire for this. I've been on fiverr mostly and hired one person so we'll see how that goes, but it's kind of ridiculous how few people respond or read anything I write before they respond. Anywhere else I should be looking?

I'll try one last time here as well -- my budget is $200 Canadian for 1 colour front view and then B&W line drawings of sides and back. PM if interested please.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Phylodox posted:

I’d be happy to help, but I’m on vacation until June. Did you have a timeline in mind for this?
I'm not in any rush.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I've got some art and sculpting being produced for my anthropomorphic owl project, but I'm still looking for another sculptor (or two).

This is a shot in the dark, but are there any goons who are skilled 3D sculptors with experience making miniatures for 3D printing? I can find sculptors who make low-poly models for games no problem, but the market for talented sculptors who can make high-poly and well posed models for 3D printing is non-existent.

I may as well offer the same rate as I'm paying my other sculptors -- $1200 Canadian for 3 different sculpts of a very high detailed and well posed figure. All sculpts use the same base model with one pose being an relaxed stance, one pose an action stance, and the last model a bust version of the relaxed stance. The models will be printed at 75mm scale so must be higher detail level than typically found in 32mm miniatures.

I'm also looking for a sculptor to make bases for my owl figures -- 11 high-detailed forest and rock bases. Not sure what the rate would be for these.

[edit] I should mention that I will have front, side, and back diagrams of the relaxed pose for each figure I need sculpted, and the sculpt needs to match this 100%

[edit 2] Sculptor has been found. Thanks for looking.

Phylodox posted:

Feel free to PM me and I’ll see what I can do as soon as I can.

Apologies for missing your PM. I've replied.

InternetJunky fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 10, 2022