Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
I'm pricing (and ultimately hoping to hire) an artist for a homebrew Sentinels of the Multiverse expansion based on my WoW guildmates. If that sentence alone doesn't kill you with its utter nerdiness, please, read on.

Sentinels is a co-op card game. I'm trying to budget art to for several decks. Here's an example of the card format I'm working with:

The art I'm hiring for is the small pictures that go along with the card. I've got the format down, I just can't draw for balls. What I'm looking for:

- Several unique, recognizable characters
- Consistent style
- Action poses
- Dynamic, expressive faces
- Excitement (or at least a high level of tolerance) for some serious levels of geekery up ins

What I don't need:

- Art style at all consistent with the existing game
- Perfect and gorgeously polished work
- Color (It'd be cool, but it's not a huge necessity)
- Initial character design brainstorming (though not all characters have concept art to go along with the descriptions)

Here's the work that would be involved:

- Portraits for five characters
- Pictures for each card (20 images per deck, 5 decks - 100 pictures)
- Portraits for two villains
- Pictures for each villain card (Same, - 40 pictures)
- Portraits for two environments
- Same there (10 per environment - 20 pictures)

I know that this might cost an arm and a leg, but I'm willing to save up and dish out if I can make a connection with the right artist. Please be aware that right now, I'm just pricing this. I'm more than happy to set up a contract if we hit it off immediately, but if this isn't something that you're drawn to then please don't waste your energy trying to come up with a price range. I know that art is hard and there's nothing worth more to an artist than time and inspiration.

If this does float your boat, please PM me or drop me a line at myjunkness // gmail. Thank you!

EDIT: I've made a connection with an artist and we're moving forward with the project. :dance: A huge thank you to everyone that responded!

Fat Pony fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH
Hey goons! I had great success with my last freelance post, so I figured I'd give it a shot again. I'm not sure that what I'm looking for is in the wheelhouse of CC but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm trying to alter a hand-cranked music box. This is the one in question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAREP6M?ref_=pe_1196280_123950170. As you can see, the hand crank is absolutely tiny. I'd like to alter it to be easier to wind, and I'd like it to be a bit more elaborate so that the gears have a steampunk feel. I'd like to find someone to help me design the movement and let me know the size and types of materials that I'd need to buy. I can provide initial sketches but am open to revisions. I'm happy to spend $100 on the project. You can email me at jbalch / gmail. Thank you!