Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I hope this is the right thread (I think it is?) but I'm interested in commissioning an artist for a logo for a crest for our martial arts school as part of a personal pet project.

I have a couple elements that should to be in it, but other than that it's fairly wide open. Certainly not looking for something elaborate.

I'm looking for a logo/design for a crest that could be put onto a cloth 4" patch (3-4 colors?) which could be sewn on a uniform and other uses and be in a similar "style" of our existing ones.

This is something I was hoping to tackle myself but I recognize my personal skills lack. I am willing to pay the artist for their efforts to design but I would need all rights as we'd be reproducing for our various school uses BUT no problem on my side if an artist showed it as an example for their own portfolio if that's even a concern.

This is totally out of my own pocket as it's part of my own self-initiated project. I have zero idea what a rate for a commission like this should be but obviously this can be dialed in once the artist has an idea of the style I'm looking for and what needs to incorporated. I think it's fairly simple, but hey, I'm a simple person although I absolutely realize someone not in the biz may totally underestimate (or over for that matter) the difficulty of a project they are not familiar with. I'm certainly not looking to waste anyone's, or my own, time.

If you think this is something that interests you as a small side gig, let me know via PM with an email address. Then I can forward some images examples we already use which would ideally be "in the spirit of" type thing. If you have a $$ idea you would expect for the job to share with me, that's awesome.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU