Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

kastein posted:

:siren:

THINGS HAVE TAKEN AN UNEXPECTED TURN

Due to Tremek being awesome and keeping a close eye on his local CL, I have purchased a vehicle I never expected to purchase, with no rust.

Looks like I will be flying out and driving it home at some indeterminate point in the very near future.

AI goons between Colorado and Massachusetts: Friends, hoons, countrymen. Lend me your driveways

If you know what it is please don't say anything till I pick it up.

It's still a Jeep, right...

J truck or an SJ is my guess. (Please be an FC...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Andersons in the grille is the ticket, yeah. First thing I do to a work truck. Protip: smaller alligator clips will fit right in the connector. Handy for chargers, air compressors, etc.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

A safety siphon is the pro move. gently caress accidentally gargling gas. Best way to use a gas can, too. There isn't a no-spill spout that isn't a complete piece of poo poo.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

The pushbutton ones aren't that bad outside of the 90° spout being annoying for some stuff. Good as saw cans though. My hatred is more directed at the twist lock, shove it against the edge of the fill neck type. The vp racing ones are good, but I'm too cheap to throw out a bunch of gas cans. Their I'm not touching you poo poo with the EPA is always funny. Yes, sir, these red cans are definitely for water or pesticides, not gasoline, I swear.

Sharky, I don't get the air quality / wasting fuel thing. Close the vent for storage, problem solved? Meanwhile everything that I'm filling with said gas can has a vented tank.

Sorry for the gas can derail, kastein.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Set of monroe air shocks or maybe a set of sumosprings if you don't want to have air?

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

You've already bought the bags, so likely irrelevant, but if for some reason the bags don't work out, check the measurements on the Gabriel 49311 or maybe Monroe MA728.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

kastein posted:

I finished up around 6am. Then started reorganizing my tools and packing them into the truck. Still working on that and napping occasionally because holy poo poo am I tired, it turns out I'm not 25 anymore.

Looks like it turned out pretty good. You take it for a test drive?

Femtosecond posted:

Many of these points are like literally just like one line points with no explanation lol. Just so bad man it's wild the lack of detail and effort here. Again not sure if like he was going to do more work here in writing something up, or all an inspection gets you is a conversation over the phone around a high level hit list of problems and its expected that I need to do all the leg work to figure out what this all means.

He's hustling you. Laundry list of nonsense poo poo to make it sound like he's doing you a favor buying it from you for peanuts. Just price it similarly to other YJs listed in your area and consider the inspection fee a lesson learned.