Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Galler posted:

I'm confident in your ability to get a jeep airborne but I'm not sure how you will keep it up there with just a little Subaru engine and some fancy prop action.

This isn't going to be a "As god as my witness I thought turkeys jeeps could fly" situation is it? :ohdear:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you build a plane. Your normal antics are pretty great but controlled flight is on a whole other level of cool.

kiiiit fooooox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHkW2xtPuY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Ken was it you who almost crushed my poor old jeep last weekend? :argh:

can't be Ken's. It runs.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

My sleeping on the drive home story:

Totaled a Focus with about 24000km (Maybe 4 months old?) on it. What' s funny is the fact that the way you described waking up was visceral enough to make me gasp in sympathy, been there man.

I rolled my car. A few days later I had a small panic attack when they showed the in-car of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9uWsvR1l0

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Technically brake rotors and calipers match the first 2 requirements. (You never said drive safely)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So the whole distributer was spinning?

How are your spark plug wires?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

kastein posted:

They're *high tension* wires, thanks much.

The subtle difference between "can carry" and "can be subjected to"

Also voltage and physical force

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

kastein posted:

I guess that pun was more for the 50+ year old British demographic... :ninja:

I work in Xray and for some reason we all still refer to the cables carying kV levels of electricity as high tension. So 50 year old brits. And xray repair guys.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A good blade in a lovely tool works a lot better than you would think.

See also: my Princess Auto router I bought for :20bux:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

what's your current vehicle count? and how many are going west with you?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Well boys, looks like got ourselves a convoyyy

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

shy boy from chess club posted:

At first I was thinking AC condenser, then lol. Nissans are up there with American cars when it comes to poo poo I hate working on.

Japan’s Chrysler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

wouldn't marrettes be really bad in a high vibration environment?

Someone should invent a thing where it's a metal tube, that you could insert stranded wire into both ends and crimp down on them. Then the physical pressure of the crimping would form a molecular level bond with the wire. And that's not even the clever part! The clever part is that you then put the entire assembly in pre-applied and cut heat shrink so you can make it even more moisture and vibration resistant.

It's a shame such a thing doesn't exist.