Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What happened to the 4.0's in 00-01?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
drat it, thank you sir. I just about caved to the wife on a 01 XJ for her "summer fun car" since I get to have so many Rx-7's (don't get married). Looks like I'm sticking with a 97-99 XJ 4.0 5spd.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
:effort:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4456320184.html

We still may check it out, it's super clean for the PNW.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

kastein posted:

I haven't left work yet (again) so nothing yet on the truck :(

On the other hand. Remember when I got a broken Bridgeport?

Well, Disgruntled Bovine just tipped me off to more awesome poo poo in the scrap metal dumpster so now I have a Clausing 2276 drill press. I don't have space at home (it's as tall as I am, weighs 650lbs, and my basement doesn't have a cement floor yet so I'd feel really bad about putting it down there, plus I don't have 3 phase at home) so I offered to put it in the shop at work, since we only had a lovely drill press around. Shop manager said YES! HELL YES! and so it's in the shop now and I can use it anytime I want when working on personal projects after hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1-XEY2xIo

This is going to make using hole saws on steel plate a lot more bearable. gently caress ever jamming them into things at 540rpm with my $160 Ryobi benchtop drill press ever again.

Our old drill press at work has been banished to the carbon fiber trimming/finishing room, where it will probably go through a set of bearings and a motor every year. Carbon fiber dust is really bad for bearings and commutators.

e: the monster

I hate you so much right now :shepspends:. I can't even get a decent 17" for $500 around here. I should have bought the 20" Rockwell with power downfeed Boeing was auctioning off. The local tool resellers are like vultures though :(.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 17, 2014

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

bandman posted:

The chlorinated solvent is usually trichloroethene, which is both acutely hazardous (CNS depressant) and chronically toxic, resulting in increased rates of kidney and liver cancers and the development of Parkinson's Disease. For those reasons, it is a big-time environmental hazard, in terms of soil and groundwater contamination. Since I have spent most of my career in the environmental industry cleaning that poo poo up, I don't buy the chlorinated versions on general principle.

When we take groundwater samples to check for contamination from a gas station or other source of gasoline, they get analyzed for Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, and Xylene, collectively called BTEX. If you have contamination from diesel, BTEX is basically useless because diesel contains little of any of those 4 compounds. To check for diesel contamination, we analyze for either SVOCs (semi-volatile organic compounds) or PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons).

Edit: clarification

A friend works for a nation-wide conveyor company. He gave me a 1gal pail of trichloroethene, straight from the 55gal drum they use to fill those refillable metal gas cans from. I don't know what to do with it, I'm honestly a bit scared to use it. Especially after meeting his coworkers, who were all in their early fifties, and not being able to shake their hands due to how dried out/cracked/bleeding they were from years of trichloroethene use without gloves. :stonk: It was just loving terrible.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
If you find another LQ9 and it somehow moves with you to WA...

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Why do so many in AI end up with a Forester we despise and off load cheaply?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
If you need any lift time post- trip, I’m a relatively short drive south.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh hey! I've raced with the orange dudes before. Nice team. Amazed they still run rotaries.
Was our LS Rx-8 there? I haven't been racing due to my schedule, the ridge is my favorite track.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Only photo of the Miata I could find from the event photographers:

And yep - 800 made it. Makes me want to race again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

kastein posted:

Today in undiagnosed, but clearly visible to everyone, raging levels of adult ADHD.

I went junkyarding in Lynnwood and visited a 2007 Saturn Vue that I've been meaning to pull some interesting parts off of for YEARS.

Oh hey. I'm doing some emergency roofing repair in Lynnwood. If you're around, shoot me a PM and say hi.

Also that's cool as poo poo.