Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Hypnolobster posted:

MIG or stick? If it's MIG, it'll probably work fine for a long time, but it's going to crack at the weld someday, depending on how much stress is on it. MIG is really terrible on hard steel.
The best method for a truck frame is a deep bevel, 7018 and sometimes even a preheat.

If you really want to go old school mickey mousin' braze over the top of the weld and let it cool itself down on a warm day. Some old folks swear that brazing cools slower and allows the metal to relax and not get all brittle. So weld it up, clean it off, and then braze over the top of your welds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Ponder this Jeepheads.

I saw what looked to be a old flatfender jeep on a trailer, until I noticed it had IRS. What the gently caress was I looking at?

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Shelter-Truck-Mounted-S-250-G-Used-/180431818100

Figure between you and Doccer I should send the link in both threads. God knows what you crazy fucks will do next.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

So where did you want me to drop this stupid vertical mill again? I have other deliveries to make and your dock sucks...

Leaf springs with a gvwr of 39000lbs+ (each leaf is 1/2" thick and there are like 8-12 per pack) and it articulates like that because it has the best leaf spring suspension design ever.

Now that's flexin.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

EightBit posted:

For about the time it costs to drive out the first tank of fuel. The mileage in these is, well, astonishing.

I daily drive a 454 that gets worse mileage than my semi truck. I might see an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

kastein posted:

When I win the lottery I am putting a 100 thousand dollar bounty on any subaru engineer's head, and buying back and crushing every subaru in massachusetts.

gently caress this thing.

It is literally less serviceable, more obtusely designed, and worse in every way than a 1.8t B5 chassis audi. I know, because I have worked on one of those extensively.

I don't think I have ever been more angry at a loving car in my life. These wheel bearings and lower balljoints can suck every dick on the planet, and any others that may or may not exist in this universe. I have no words.

Good....let the hate flow through you.....