Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From my experience being balding as gently caress, hair loss medication's an enormous rip off even when it works.

So I'm on topic: I think I've listened to that Shrek episode 3 or 4 times since last week. And I don't even dislike Shrek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Twitch posted:

From my experience being balding as gently caress, hair loss medication's an enormous rip off even when it works.

So I'm on topic: I think I've listened to that Shrek episode 3 or 4 times since last week. And I don't even dislike Shrek.

I'll maintain despite inspiring waves of knockoffs Shrek was a solid 'raunchy kid movie' but the episode on it was golden.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Man, if they're paying in advance instead of sale commissions then I need to incorporate dick pills into my shows!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

pills made of actual dicks

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

capsules shaped like tiny little veiny boners with little balls on the end and filled up with ground hardon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of dicks, how about that Tim Allen double dose on WHM

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 16, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E: dupe

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

“And it will truly be, a planet of Limp Bizkits”

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Wait, has We Hate Movies really never done an episode on 1987’s Cherry 2000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Bj-8ZSAGM

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

In the latest HDTGM mini-episode, Paul announced they're doing Sky Captain for next week's episode, and he was already poo poo-talking it a lot, saying it was unwatchable, and outright telling listeners not to see it for the episode. I'm not saying it's a great movie, but come on.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Chairman Capone posted:

In the latest HDTGM mini-episode, Paul announced they're doing Sky Captain for next week's episode, and he was already poo poo-talking it a lot, saying it was unwatchable, and outright telling listeners not to see it for the episode. I'm not saying it's a great movie, but come on.

Your problem here is watching HDTGM

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It's a mess of a movie and a definite commercial failure, but I enjoyed it for what it was trying to do. It's not terrible, so I have a feeling I'll be getting mad at this episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just wait until Paul works with somebody involved with the production, at which point the episode will disappear from the archive and he will never so much whisper a negative thing about it again

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Just wait until Paul works with somebody involved with the production, at which point the episode will disappear from the archive and he will never so much whisper a negative thing about it again

lol what? i stopped paying attention to that show long ago so fill me in

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TetsuoTW posted:

lol what? i stopped paying attention to that show long ago so fill me in

For a while the Smurfs and Green Lantern episodes (very early in the run) were missing from the archive, with no official explanation as to why. Speculation was that Smurfs was removed because Jayma Mays had a recurring role on The League at the time. It appears that they're both back now - behind the Howl/Stitcher paywall, of course.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Your problem here is watching HDTGM

I love those guys but it's weird how much they seem to hate the very idea of being viewed as liking comic books or fantasy genre stuff. Like, they're a bunch of youngish fat nerds. They should quit calling aliens gleep-glorps and just admit they all know exactly what the gently caress a Romulan is.

Real edit: My reading comprehension is shot. I thought this was about WHM. Stopped listening to HDTGM a year ago because the format had ossified into random shouting.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yeah, they're overstating it by a lot. I saw it in theaters, and while it has a great cast, and intriguing setting, and gorgeous visuals, they're all really let down by the writing.

I stopped listening to hdtgm a couple years ago and it sounds like I haven't missed much.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Honestly that could be said for any movie they're about to do, because what they're not really going to review it, they're going to yell at top volume about the first five minutes of the film for 90 minutes, and if June's there, also the last five minutes and how good everybody looked. Then Paul is going to do some crowdwork, which if he was self-aware at all he would have subcontracted out to a mic stand years ago, because a mic stand is better at crowd work than him.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

theironjef posted:

I love those guys but it's weird how much they seem to hate the very idea of being viewed as liking comic books or fantasy genre stuff. Like, they're a bunch of youngish fat nerds. They should quit calling aliens gleep-glorps and just admit they all know exactly what the gently caress a Romulan is.

Real edit: My reading comprehension is shot. I thought this was about WHM. Stopped listening to HDTGM a year ago because the format had ossified into random shouting.

I feel like a big part of nerd culture is being really angry at nerds, much like how a big part of hippie culture was being really angry at how useless hippies were

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bango skank posted:

lmao even with the patreon the whm guys are hurting for money bad enough to do ads for dick pills? did i hear that wrong?

One of my favorite moments from any podcast is when the flophouse guys had to do an ad about a dildo that made everybody lose it, so frankly I say all podcasts should be forced to shill for the weirdest poo poo possible.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

theironjef posted:

I love those guys but it's weird how much they seem to hate the very idea of being viewed as liking comic books or fantasy genre stuff.

lol do you even listen, like at least two of them are explicitly comic fans to the point it's a running gag

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

For a while the Smurfs and Green Lantern episodes (very early in the run) were missing from the archive, with no official explanation as to why. Speculation was that Smurfs was removed because Jayma Mays had a recurring role on The League at the time. It appears that they're both back now - behind the Howl/Stitcher paywall, of course.

i can't say I'm surprised. if I was as relentlessly unfunny as Paul and trying to maintain a career as a comedian I'd zealously make sure I never burned a bridge too

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

lol do you even listen, like at least two of them are explicitly comic fans to the point it's a running gag

I listen to most of it. To be fair the only one I can name by voice is Eric because he's the worst of the bunch. He doesn't know a loving thing except that when other people start talking is when he should try to work in an unrelated Trump gag. And I still love the gently caress out of the show for some reason.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 22, 2018

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

if I didn't already love a couple of your shows those would be fighting words

curse your good content!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

if I didn't already love a couple of your shows those would be fighting words

curse your good content!

Thanks! I should really keep my mouth shut while I also make a bunch of content but I love/hate those drat WHM guys so much.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

theironjef posted:

I listen to most of it. To be fair the only one I can name by voice is Eric because he's the worst of the bunch. He doesn't know a loving thing except that when other people start talking is when he should try to work in an unrelated Trump gag. And I still love the gently caress out of the show for some reason.

Eric isn't very knowledgeable but makes up for it by being hilarious

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

So I've been listening to a podcast lately called Cancelled Too Soon, which I've appreciated as basically a Bad Movie Podcast except for television instead of movies, which is a niche I didn't realized I needed filled until now(and if there's a thread for that kind of podcast or if there's other similar suggestions, I'd be keen to know). Now, the hosts for it apparently formerly did a show that ended last year called The B Movie Podcast, not to be confused with other existing B-Movie-related podcasts with similar names that tripped me up for a while.

Anyway, I wanted to check that show out, except all the feeds for it only go back a measly twenty episodes, out of apparently a 400+ episode back catalogue. The website itself seems to go back much further, but only as far as episode 61, but is also a pain in the rear end to go through and download from because it redirects, so individual downloads take forever.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a way to get the missing episodes or a more sane way to download the back catalogue in general?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I have tickets to the Aug 17th Largo show of How Did This Get Made. Is hdtgminfo.com the best source for finding out what movie they will be doing?

Has anyone gotten tickets to both shows and do they know if you can just keep the seat from the early show into the late show?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

I have tickets to the Aug 17th Largo show of How Did This Get Made. Is hdtgminfo.com the best source for finding out what movie they will be doing?

I feel like they usually post to their Facebook group first. Though I also see updates from that a lot more often than I go to the website.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

AHAHA

I loving FORGOT JASPER'S A CONFEDERATE

gently caress these stupid movies

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked the recent HDTGM on the ridiculous-sounding Pavarotti movie. It was just the three of them in front of a live audience and they actually all had good chemistry and jokes with each other. Even some good June/Jason interactions, like her interest in tonsillitis and Jason's quest to join the clean plate club.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I love this stop motion animation of The Flop House's classic Rucktales bit :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLM0feA0_I

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Still like the Flop House well enough but randomly clicked on an old episode, CBGB, and listening to Tom Brokaw explain Dune to Michael Caine and getting interrupted by Jimmy Stewart I'm kinda sad the podcast just isn't like this anymore.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I think they’ve done the Tom Brokaw Dune bit recently in another episode. It’s the one gag that will make me laugh out loud without fail. Especially in The Accountant episode at 51 minutes in.

They still do plenty other bad impressions

Ccs fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 24, 2018

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
If you like Seth Rogan's laugh, you're going to LOVE the latest HDTGM episode on Action Jackson. Funny ep though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hosed up that We Love Movies month doesn't have videodrome

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I wish We Hate Movies did more than one episode of The Nexus per month on their Patreon. Their snotty Picard gives me so much joy.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I thought the new WHM episode on Terminator 2 was fantastic. I guess didn't notice it until now, but be the WHM guys are at their best when they're talking about a movie they're passionate about, instead of trying to make something out of nothing. This whole month should be really good.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

oh dope posted:

I thought the new WHM episode on Terminator 2 was fantastic. I guess didn't notice it until now, but be the WHM guys are at their best when they're talking about a movie they're passionate about, instead of trying to make something out of nothing. This whole month should be really good.

The problem is that Andrew Jupin is one of those guys that instantly makes up his mind if he like/dislikes something and no force on earth will make him change his mind.

The rest of the guys are more opened minded, but Jupin is the ringmaster and what he says goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Another rare in-studio, good HDTGM on Little Italy. Laughed a lot at their bewilderment that the film takes place in 2018