Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I now want to see Hellboy and the Ghostbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I feel that HDTGM is a lot more inconsistent than the other major bad movie podcasts. I keep listening because when it's good it's very good (and I think they've been on an upswing lately) but sometimes it's just unpleasant. Some of that is on the guests and some of that is on their film choices since they tend to go after the easy targets.

The Flop House is the smarted of the bad movie podcasts which I put down to having a stronger focus on actual film criticism rather than riffing on the entire film or just finding jokes to tell about it.

WHM is more roughly produced than the other two but also meatier with its bad movie content. I wish they weren't doing another worst of year month in January, though. A month is a long time and half their year is theme months now. At least the viewer request months have been fun for bringing in different kinds of movies but worst of 2013 is going to cover some heavily trodden ground.

I am pretty sure one will be A Good Day to Die Hard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The Deck the Halls episode is kinda awesome if only just for the stories about Matthew Broderick. Poor guy, Sarah Jessica Parker really did suck his life force away from him.

More then killing two people?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maremidon posted:

"Tuff Turf" is another good WHM episode, as is "Invisible Child". Any episode featuring a movie that has Wilford Brimley in it is also a good idea.

Those episodes are not we hate movies those are we love movies :colbert:

Also all nine of the people who suggested Foodfight are still assholes but the biggest is Bob from Boston.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 16, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Superman ones are pretty great. If you want some quality Lucas bashing the Ewok episodes are great along with a discussion who cases less about Star Wars. Hider of the House is just amazing and you get a taste of them loving a movie, and Babycakes is the exact opposite. Nukie is the fucken pits and they hate every second of it. Then Tuff Turf is just amazing. Also any episode with Belushi is incredible as they hate the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PH3GVj104

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WHM hint for next week is bald so I am thinking its Die Hard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Dracula 2000 when they go into how someone becomes a Cenobite was what made me immediately go back and listen to the rest of the backlog.

And you Mary Magdalene Medusa for you.

And Pontius Pilate as Cloverfield.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Which WHM has the riff on "Muldoon's"?

Halloween 3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The game with the frog riding the cart

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Duke posted:

I kind of miss YITB. They may not have known poo poo about movies or how they are made but they had great chemistry and some of their injokes were absolutely hilarious. The beef meter (for hunky men) and "weak, weak man" specifically.

Also how pleased they were to see Cameron Bright.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MadScientistWorking posted:

And We Hate Movies turns into another We Love Movies. I think I've said this before but there is something strangely appealing about those guys when they do something they actually enjoy and poke fun of.

I am pretty sure most of this viewer request month will be movies that they like after the horror show of the last one. I mean Boondock Saints 2, Foodfight, Houseguest, and ended it with the amazing Maniac Cop 3.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The key to We Love Movies seems to be white guy/brazillian guy karate.

Last weeks had Japanese karate. I also liked how on the last one they talked about a trip to Parmistan. They also liked the other surprise Batman movie Tuff Turf.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Infamous Sphere posted:

To be honest I was a bit disappointed that WHM did a movie for Listener Request that they would have done anyway. I would have preferred they watched something they hadn't heard of, or did another ridiculous Lifetime styled women's drama or..I dunno (I guess I'm really hanging out for someone to review my favourite bad movie, The Watcher.) Mind you, I still really enjoyed the episode - it just seemed like a bit of an easy pick for them.

They have done movies before at listner request month that they would have gone anyways. They just did not have it on the table until now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I was really hoping they would discuss the fact that the original ending of the movie had them get back together. Just hearing the outrage over that would be incredible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Kind of reminds me of when they reviewed Babyface and Addicted to Love, both of which focused on terrible people ruining some innocent person's life in pursuit of their "true love".

Is "rear end in a top hat wins the love of the innocent while destroying a second innocent life" a secret film genre?

Most romanitic comedies?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I think Michael Caine will take any role offered to him because the dude just loves acting, or he sees any role as a chance to improve his skills. He's apparently been in 115 films in his career.

Still, he should have broken his rule for this one.

This might have been the point where he needed money. Christopher Walken is the one who just loves acting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

I hear Michael Caine is great with kids.

He requires that he starts at their baptisms.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Disappointed to hear about How Did This Get Made's new schedule this morning. One episode a month is not nearly enough. Can't Paul and June get a nanny like every other Hollywood power couple?

Is this you?

quote:

Name:
Anonymous Anonymous

Message Body:
As someone who use to donate monthly to this podcast, and support it by signing up for the "advertisements" listed on the website I regret to say I will no longer be doing this. With the announcement that the shows will be cut back because they are having a child almost seems like a slap in the face of the fans. Is it hard to hire a baby sitter for an hour or two? As they are both actors they will already have to more then likely hire a nanny as I doubt they'll be bringing their child on set with them when they film their TV series, or do other engaging things as actors. This is the equivalent to someone having a child and telling their boss their going to cut their hours down by half, how much of an asset is that person to their job now? I LOVED this podcast, it was easily one of the best podcasts out there. But only having a single podcast(mini episodes don't count since its just ad's and reading non sense questions off of Facebook) is death to any podcast, and shows a lack
of interest of that podcast. It's one thing to have it be a hobby of yours, but if that was the case there wouldn't be advertising non stop, and merchandise for sale. I'm all for being compensated for talent and time, don't get me wrong on that. But either you're in, or you're out, and it seems like they have one foot in and one foot out. Great they might be starting a new podcast! But we don't want a new podcast, we like HDTGM, and the format offered. This just seems like some horrible idea of offering something that'll stop fans from jumping ship. It just doesn't seem worth it paying monthly for something that's being cut in half, and I doubt I'm the only one feeling this way. Thanks for the hours of entertainment, but in this day and age when there's thousands of quality podcasts, you need to give it %100 not %50.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big fan of Tom Sizemore - hooker puncher.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, just like the Thing! clickety-clack clickety-clack

Horror writer Joe Hill comes in and turns on Stand by Me.
Dad I like your old stuff.
So do I! clickety-clack clickety-clack

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also I have to see the Blues Brother cartoon with Jim Belushi.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

I tried to get through watching No Holds Barred but my computer's audio quit working shortly before Zeus kills Randy Rip. Windows 8 was probably trying to tell me something.

It was trying to tell me that 8.1 is still a bit buggy.

Jacob lives

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So will next weeks be Mortal Kombat or a Highlander sequel?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

If it's gonna be a Mortal Kombat you gotta figure it'll be the sequel.

Christopher Lambert was not in the sequel. It could also be Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Probably not, unless they're lifting the 10-Year Rule.

I thought the 10 year rule was broken during the Summer Blockbuster extravaganza, but I could be mistaken and its just for the viewer request month.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ouch, actually having All Star in the movie is NOT a point for it.

Why would you even BOTHER to parody the Schumacher movies? They're already self-parodies. Are there any other superhero parody movies that did this? Most of the ones I know of focused on people with no powers trying to be superheroes in a very grounded world, like Super.

Its not a movie but Tick did it really well. They also brought up how it came out the same year as Galaxy Quest and that was how you do a parody correctly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ohh. Good point. I guess the Tick kind of does fit into that... Although I always saw it as a little more a parody of B-movies and such than Schumacher Batman (in its set design and aesthetic, I mean). As for Galaxy Quest, my girlfriend loves that movie, so I guess I should give it a watch.

Some of the animated series episodes could not be released since Marvel might have a case to sue for copyright violations. The Tick just parodied the entire concept of superheroes and their universe and its amazing. Another comic book parody is the original Ninja Turtles. It was just making fun of Frank Miller's Daredevil. You should also get on Galaxy Quest as soon as possible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah, I'm a huge Tick fan, read the comic and seen both the live action and animated show. I was specifically talking about the set design and such of the Tick live action show - I'm not sure it really was intended to be a direct parody of specifically the Schumacher Batman movies. And Galaxy Quest is obviously a take-off on Star Trek and other sci-fi movies. So are there ANY other movies that parody the Schumacher Batman movies outside of Mystery Men? I think it may have been the only movie to try that - got to admit, that takes balls, even if it didn't work very well.

"Superhero Movie" doesn't count, of course.

There was this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2SVDpd8YA

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

laz0rbeak posted:

And oof, really, Mortal Kombat? At least the WHM guys are young enough to have actually played this game in the arcades, but Highlander 2 or... the rest of Lambert's filmography would be preferable to another podcast about a pretty good, deliberately over the top movie because the 90's was 20 years ago and now we can mock everyone's fashion sense.

Somebody tell them to review Greystroke or Knight Moves instead.

During the Summer they always do big budget summer movies. Mortal Kombat is one and its not what you would call a good movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ror posted:

Eh, I feel like if the movie needs to be straight-up bad then Annihilation is a far better choice than the original. I can't defend Mortal Kombat as a high quality film but it's not really a complete trainwreck the way some of their other choices are.

I suppose that was the same argument against doing Mystery Men, but that movie at least makes up for some of its quality by also being totally bizarre.

I assume they will not be doing Annihilation since its such an easy target.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie adaptation of all time. But yeah as a movie standing on its own merits it's not very good.

Eric is the goddamn best and I will cut you.

What do you call Mario?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Hider in the House for the best example of a movie they come to love -- another thing WHM does better than any of the others (when was the last time The Flop House actually enjoyed a movie, on any level of irony?)

See also Invisible child

Foodfight is my favorite for purely selfish reasons

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Dracula 2000 is the best episode. "More nails for you Doubting Thomas!" Recently, Mrs. Doubtfire and Butterfly Effect are fantastic.

The MK episode is great so far. It's very much a We Love Movies episode.

The best was Donald Sterling homeowner in the Outworld.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Looks like next weeks We Hate Movie will be - Catwoman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

Holy poo poo, the Christopher Lambert impressions were cracking me up. I had to pause it to catch my breath.

"In the mood for a midnight snack? Why not come down to Scorpion's Fire Grill."

"It'll make you say, 'Get over here!'"

I want some Sub Zero's ice cream.

Them talking about the Goro puppet/stop motion puppet/Golem was amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

That was a really fun episode; I think they actually name-dropped everyone in the first three games. I'm also glad I'm not the only person who liked Stryker in MK3.

And man, I remember the days where Nudality rumors were actually a thing. They almost appeared in an actual arcade game, too.

Only when he is not fighting Jax

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Cyber Seduction would be great. Actually, Lifetime movies in general are so so great. There could easily be a bad movie podcast dedicated to them alone. A few Saturdays ago I had LMN on for like 8 hours and saw part a movie about a haunted road, a horrible movie about 2 rich kids who's families both simultaneously lose all there money somehow so they decide to get rich again by murdering a third kid who happens to have just won the lottery, and 2 different movies about incest.

There are a loving ton of "classics" too, like that one about a baby that's possessed with another dead, and vengeful, baby. Also there's that one where DJ Tanner gets raped by Zack Morris.

You forgot Kevin Arnold beating D. J. Tanner to death.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Haha oh man, I didn't even know about this.

Just look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Would_Tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FU4qj9_ESQ

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

Quit hating on Burt Reynolds, man.

Also Lord Raiden HAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Septic Knothead posted:

What episode is it from? I don't remember it from the most recent Planet of the Apes, though I could be mistaken.

The Day after Tomorrow