Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Doing Zardoz would require attempting to explain what happens in Zardoz.

The plots not that bad if you stay away for the whole movie, which was my problem the first 3 times I watched it. Always at someones ones house, always drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Don't they usually do bad movies?

I'm with you brother, I like it too, but they've been hinting at that one for a loong time.

Also I don't think Dracula is an episode, its got a lot going for it. The only really bad part is Keanu himself.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I finally called in and suggested this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6zbGPPL18. I've wanted them to do it for a few years but I never bothered calling it in, I just figured they'd get to it eventually what with their love of Caine.

I called in while I was pretty lit and I don't exactly remember what I said. I'm sure it's fine.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

It just wasn't a very good episode, aside from the fact that I don't get why they keep bringing Halle on the show.

I like her

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Stuart recommendation supercut made the clip show worth it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

Isn't Watto a racist Jewish caricature, not a racist Italian caricature?

Brocktoon posted:

Isn't Watto a racist Jewish caricature, not a racist Italian caricature?

Yeah, I remember being confused that they were saying that when this episode was new. I guess they forgot the uproar about him way back when. Though accent is more stereotypically Italian I guess.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Elliot's the best, you dummies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flesh dance posted:

Did they run into legal issues or something? I've always wondered about that, and the same with how they stopped using episode-relevant intro songs.

They stopped with the songs because you can't use licensed material and be hosted by certain things. I think the clips were just because it was too much work for Andrew, or at least I remember reading something like that.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I hope it's that weird rubberface "movie"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Infamous Sphere posted:

Is that movie the reason why the guys keep saying "Thiiiiinnnerrrrr" when they're talking about evil halloweeny things or whatever it is? (Oh god I can't remember the context)

No

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I've been wondering how these were legal.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I dunno they seem angry a lot. But I haven't listened to HDTGM in a while so if thats what you're comparing it to I guess I don't have a frame of reference. I do question the mental state of the guys though. I mean I've seem the vast majority of the movies they've reviewed, but I also like dumb movies so I seek them out, but inevitably one of them will say "WELL I GOTTA CONFESS GUYS I SAW THIS 4 TIMES IN THE THEATER" I mean I can certainly see why you'd see it once, or if it was a schlock horror movie you had on VHS as a kid, but so often they'll have seen it several times in the original run.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sounds less like a "challenge" and more like a "Saturday" to me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gyges posted:

Excellent?

This is my opinion

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's a silly and weird movie. hth

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hewlett posted:

Movie Mastery's super solid, by the way!

If we're talking about small-time movie podcasts as well, Alcohollywood's got their next four months of episodes lined up:

Oh man, I'm looking forward to/dreading your talk about Beowulf. It's weirdly one of my favorites.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought their old eps were just "locked" because they used to use intro and outro songs that they didn't have the rights to. I thought you could always get them all on the website, just not the itunes/RSS feeds.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think the WHM guys are dork-sandbagging with some of the feigned fantasy/d&d ignorance.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It came out less than half a year after Phantom Menace, are we sure it's not just something in the air?

In the late nineties the air was filled with turds.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Next month they are going to watch the most racist star trek episode and their reaction should be glorious.

The weirdest thing about that episode is that there's nothing in the script that's specifically racist, but when actually made the movie they cast all black actors as the aliens and dressed them up like genies. If it had just been regular star trek fore-head aliens the episode wouldn't be remembered at all.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
'Ello Mistah Splintah! You're looking well!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

They don't really bring up "politics" per se as much as they just do parodies of Trump and Alex Jones now. It's not like they're typically arguing for or against particular political points. They also did plenty of parodies of Obama, Clinton, Giuliani and the Bushes over the years. I get the impression that on SA many people are totally exhausted with even hearing the word "Trump" but if that's the case then it's going to be a rough 8 years.

Good thing we won't survive 8 years

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've noticed less of those styled letters on The Flophouse lately. There seems to be more earnest movie questions and less "I dreamed about you guys " letters.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think all the shows are good. Thanks!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
there will probably never be any real evidence to support it but you can be 100% sure that donald trump wallows in hooker pee on the reg. It's as plain as day.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I still love The Flop House, do posters here still listen to it?

HDTGM kind of soured me when they put the old episodes behind a paywall, it was already annoying to listen to before that but jeez.

Yeah I do. I think because it only comes out every 2 weeks I still look forward to it. I stopped listening to WHM though. At some point I realized I wasn't laughing at anything they said anymore so I took a break from it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I don't think it's gotten bad with Elliot skyping in, but I do think they can do better. MBMBAM and Greatest Gen both Skype record and they're much more seamless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

The Flop House thread is archived, but holy gently caress they're reviewing Castle Freak!

Did Dan seem drunk or was he more confused than usual this episode?