Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dr. Lariat posted:

This has been one of my biggest gripes with podcasting in general, though it may just be a bit of saltiness on my part. It's a medium that anyone with a mic and a computer can get into, yet unless you are already an established name from the entertainment world good luck getting anyone to talk about your work ever.

Here is my two step guide to a successful podcast.

1. Get a computer and mic and twitter account.

2. Have a built in following from a prior entertainment gig.

What you weren't in the groundlings or on SNL? Too bad, better luck next time.

Edit: Is "people aren't enjoying these terrible movies on a show made to make fun of terrible movies" seriously a complaint I just read?

Yeah, maybe, or maybe We Hate Movies isn't especially good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bango skank posted:

Except We Hate Movies owns, so

Then.... Then... People have different opinions?? About what's funny????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mogambo posted:

What's wrong with We Hate Movies, pray tell, aside from "Rar how DARE these people do goofy impressions of Wilford Brimley; I much prefer podcasts where they read letters for over half the episode and then make cat noises"?

Nothing. I've never listened to it. I just think that dude complaining that you have to be famous or have famous friends to be successful at podcasting is an idiot.

Hey guy: Podcasting is not a career for anyone. NOBODY podcasts for a living.

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 19, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I don't think there's any real reason to hate any movie at all, so it frustrates me when those kinds of opinions are thrown around with little weight. I appreciate How Did This Get Made because it's less constant abuse being thrown at the movie and more incredulity at what the people who made the movie were thinking. It helps that it is a podcast hosted by people who actually make movies.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I dunno who you guys are suggesting to but the best bad movie is Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD with David Hasselhoff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I met June Diane Raphael a decade ago when she was touring with Casey Wilson doing Rode Hard and Put Away Wet, and she is a smart woman; if you think she sounds dumb on this bad movie podcast, it's probably because the movies are really bad and make people who watch them sound dumb trying to describe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
unbelievably good how did this get made this week