Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

The Duke posted:

I've been getting into Yeah, It's That Bad recently and I have to say this might be my favorite bad movie podcast by far. The editing is kind of weird at times but not too obtrusive.

I've been trying to listen to "Yeah, It's That Bad" recently and the editing is just incredibly off-putting to me. It sounds like they edit out all of the gaps and pauses between their sentences in post, which makes each of them sound like they're talking super fast like Ray William Johnson or other "jump cut" YouTube people. It doesn't feel like natural conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Vakal posted:

It sounds like that because that is what they do.

Right, that's what I figured. It's incredibly offputting to me and doesn't feel natural, I prefer stuff where it seems like a natural funny conversation. They sound like the YouTube constant jump-cut people and it's incredibly bizarre. Which is too bad, because looking at their library they by far have the highest number of films that I've actually seen so I was really hoping to like them.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I listened to "Yeah It's That Bad" only as a last resort if they were doing something I had watched and had run out of podcasts to listen to that day. The way they edited out the gaps between their sentences and laughs (or even mid-sentence pauses) in post felt really unnatural and made the whole thing sound strange, like the whole podcast was being done by one of those YouTubers who uses jumpcuts twice for every sentence they speak and made the banter feel really unnatural. For the most part they also seemed to cut out the laughs that any of them had, and hearing other people laugh as a reaction to their co-host's joke helps a lot in my opinion in making a podcast more enjoyable and making me want to laugh myself. Still, it was nice having it as a backup thing to listen to, and for some reason they seemed to do reviews on movies I had actually seen more frequently than any of the other podcasts, so I'm not happy that it's gone.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Gargamel Gibson posted:

On We Hate Movies they usually go into too much detail. The plot descriptions are as long as the movies themselves.

I don't think its too much. They're the only ones I listen to when I haven't seen the movie because they describe it well enough for me to get all the jokes. Flophouse is great when I've seen the movie but its too easy for me to get lost when I haven't.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Illinois Smith posted:

Anyone have a guess for next week? The only 2014 movies with GOT people that spring to mind are Pompeii, which I haven't seen and Dredd, which I barely remember but I think it was okayish?

As mentioned above Dredd was 2012 (and good.) It's almost certainly Pompeii. The only other real option is the 300 sequel.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Gyges posted:

The 300 sequel was pretty bad and I would like to hear someone talk about how dumb it is because all my friends have terrible taste in movies and thought it was almost as good as the original.

Flophouse did an episode on it. They didn't really eviscerate it though, just kind of talked about how it was dumb and boring and didn't have the elements that made the first movie any fun.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy Christ, the tangent about the mail-in art school thing in the latest WHM episode had me dying. DYING.

Was their "mail in art school guy" voice based on a real art school guy whose commercials run in New York or something or was it something they just totally came up with out of the blue? It seemed oddly specific.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
No, I've never seen those before. That's hilarious, I need to re-listen to that part of the podcast again.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Mojo Threepwood posted:

I don't think this has been posted before, but one of the WHM guys on Twitter mentioned they have a Bandcamp page with a lot of extra content: http://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/feed. You don't have to download the Bandcamp app.

You have to pay to download and keep the tracks, but streaming is free and works fine. I'd recommend Animation Damnation: Leatherhead Terror of the Swamp, SW Holiday Special, and The Simpsons Guy, but they're all pretty good.

Thanks for posting this, I knew they had all the extra content and the animation damnations somewhere but assumed you had to pay for it (or at least pay for some sort of app). I had no idea they were free to stream.

I'm catching up now. The one about the Sonic cartoon is hilarious.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
In some sort of bizarre coincidence I listened to the WHM bandcamp episode about the Star Wars Holiday special from a couple years ago this morning and then listened to their latest episode about MoonTrap, so I heard Andrew's story about the old man on the subway who thought he was dissing the Golden Girls twice in a row.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

bobkatt013 posted:

Even the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh man that is prime animation damnation material.

They did do an Animation Damnation of a TMNT episode

https://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/track/animation-damnation-6-leatherhead-terror-of-the-swamp

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Does anyone know if there's been any bad movie podcast has tackled the movie "Soul Man?" (the one where C. Thomas Howell dresses in blackface and goes to Harvard)

My friends and I watched it on a lark the other day during a bad movie watching session and I am just befuddled by its existence and need to hear someone talk about it/make fun of it.

I checked the stand-bys (WHM, Flophouse, HDTGM) and none of them seem to have tackled it, I was wondering if anyone knew of any smaller podcasts or critic shows that have addressed it. I figure it probably should have come up earlier this last year during the whole Rachel Dolezal stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

theironjef posted:

One Movie Mastery Soul Man review, as sort of requested. It was legitimately horrible and rightly forgotten.

Just listened and I enjoyed it. There's a lot of ridiculousness even besides the racism of the premise.