Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

Yeah, maybe, or maybe We Hate Movies isn't especially good.

Except We Hate Movies owns, so

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

Just watch the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

Jesus loving Christ.

What? I- what? I can't. This came out 2012? 2012?! I know it's Pixar but Toy Story came out almost 20 years ago and it still looks loving lightyears ahead of this.

Who payed for this?! Who made this? Who was it made for?!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus christ gently caress whoever decided to edit Yeah it's That Bad the way they do. I wanted to try it out since I love WHM but I've listened to everything they've got, so I downloaded an episode and barely made it five minutes in. The way it's cut gives it this schizophrenic, frantic feel to the whole thing. Someone will say something funny, they'll stat laughing, and like a second into the laugh it just cuts to them talking more. It's unnerving and felt like it was going to give me an anxiety attack. I don't have any idea how people could listen to this on the regular.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
re: the godzilla episode

Boy, are my clams steamed. Sssssssssss

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No new WHM for all of August. :qq:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was dying at the Christopher Lambert/Triumph the Insult Comic Dog/Master Splinter impressions for pretty much the whole hour.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just a heads up for any WHM fans, late last night I used a free $1 Amazon mp3 credit to pick up the guys' Trekmentary track and listened along while watching Nemesis on Netflix Instant. I'd say if you haven't checked it out yet, doing so for the low price of "free" is pretty worth it.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fentry posted:

If anyone is wondering how How Did This Get Made would handle the responsibilities of having a new baby and also regularly recording new episodes apparently the answer is to just bring the baby to the recordings where they constantly scream at each other and have the audio of a crying baby in the background of the entire episode. Jesus Christ

Maybe they're going meta with the title of the show.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Septic Knothead posted:

I just listened to one of the older episodes of WHM-- episode 89 The Rapture. At the beginning Andrew makes reference to an edit he makes to the podcast due to "recent events" and not being comfortable with describing the scene. Can anyone enlighten me as to what those events were and what the scene was? what were the recent events he was referring to? I am going to guess it might have been the Sandy Hook school shooting, but as the podcasts don't seem to be date stamped, I can't tell for sure when the file was originally posted.

When podcasts do things like this, I really wish they'd keep the unedited version on hand and just quietly switch the edited one out after a few weeks or so. A lot of work for probably just a couple minutes of extra content though.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A little too uptown for me, if you know what I'm sayin. You know what I'm sayin? I'm not gonna leave til you know what I'm sayin.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Johnny Shoves-things-up-my-rear end sounds like the worst alternate version of Johnny Mnemonic.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infamous Sphere posted:

unfortunately, I made the mistake of listening to the I Frankenstein episode while on a car trip (not driving, passenger) and I kept dozing off. So now I have no idea what the movie was about - but then again, it sounds like no one does, even if they were paying attention. All I got was "Hot Frankenstein somehow has to team up with gargoyles to attack demons for some reason and Bill Nighy is the prince of hell and....???? profit." Except not profit cause no one saw it.
Sorry, I realise this is the most :effort: comment on a podcast ever, and it's my fault I kept falling asleep, but...drat. I feel like I missed something. Sorry WHM.
Nope, that's about the gist of it.

I watched the movie right before listening to the episode and that's pretty much all the movie is.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Holy poo poo go to the whm facebook page or their spreadshirt store and marvel at the wonder of Eric Movie SCRIPT DOCTOR

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Transcendence was literally nothing more than, "Frankenstein, but with computers," so unless they surprise us somehow I'm pretty sure that's next week's episode.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's also pretty easy to download the tracks from the bandcamp page without paying if you're broke like me but still want to listen on the go.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking forward to the Green Lantern episode, I thought they had said it wasn't going to be released as a regular episode so the clip came as a pleasant surprise.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I felt like the episode missed out on a great source of hilarity by missing the fact that team rocket is actually a criminal organization like the poke-mob or something instead of just another team of trainers.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New WHM is up! It's for the Lifetime original Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life. This movie is hilarious, didn't someone here mention calling it in?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

It's funny cuz I spend most of my time on the MBMBAM thread annoyingly wondering how people can find the non-McElroy people/shows on the MaxFun network (other than Hodgeman I guess) remotely tolerable and not grating/forced. It's cool seeing the reverse opinion. Different strokes. :shrug: (but yeah even then I don't really stray out of MBMBAM and Adventure Zone with them, Sawbones is okaaaaay but not really a recommend per se and I'm not into Bunker Buddies at all...that other show Travis does about like celebrity gossip and stuff was alright for a few eps but I unsubbed eventually, basically the optimal situation is having all the brothers together, and if papa McElroy is in the house then even better).
Kinda bummed because I've raced through most of the WHM catalogue now (well not really but I've still gotten through a lot of them). Are the Animation Damnation and other random special non-movie eps entertaining? Also did anyone ever listen to that conspiracy podcast show one of the dudes always talks about hosting that is apparently over now? How's that? I like the WHM dudes well enough.

The WHM Animation Damnation, mailbag, and on-screen episodes are good. They're more of the the same from the main episodes but in smaller ~30 minute packages.

Blame it on Outer Space, Eric Szyszka's side-podcast started out just talking about conspiracy theories and paranormal topics with sources from the internet but later on changed to having guests doing characters and some episodes having an audio play format, or at least that's what I've gathered from episode descriptions and the few I've checked out since unsubscribing after the first dozen episodes or so.

e: yeah, what he said ^^^

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoutPatrol posted:

Sometimes Blame it On Outer Space is very boring, other times it has Szyszka saying Szyszka things, and because he is the funniest one on WHM, its good. It also has a :krad: theme.

He's also my favorite of the WHM guys which is why it's so weird that BioOS was kind of a flop.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to wait for the Sithmentary to show up on Amazon since that's where I've bought previous WHM commentary tracks and I like having all my stuff in one place for when I want to download it again later on, but I guess if the guys get a bigger piece of the pie from CDBaby I can hold my nose and buy it there.

Also I'm pretty impatient.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's me, I'm Eric Movie.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That mailbag was a bunch of bullshit.

You make me sick calling yourself a WHM fan.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving booooo over patron-exclusive content. Boooo.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If there wasn't exclusive content there would be no point in becoming a patron. That said if I were them I'd do a general release after like 6 months.
I dunno, the UYD Patreon is the only one I've pledged to on and off and there's no real benefit other than discounts on the store. They seem to be doing fine.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh give me a break, it's EXTRA content, you're not losing your regularly scheduled free show. And if you want it that bad you can just wait a few months for there to be a backlog of exclusive episodes, pay the minimum amount for just one month, and download it all.
Previously, Animation Damnation was a free side show they did once a month in addition to the regular show and mailbags. Post-patreon it's locked behind a pay-wall. The Nexus doesn't really bother me because it's a completely new concept and something I'd be interested in eventually, even if I can't afford to pledge right now. Something about having content that was free now locked behind a paywall just rubs me the wrong way. But I'm just some rear end in a top hat on the internet, who cares what I think about the way the guy run the show.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theironjef posted:

Man I used to love WHM but something seems to have changed with either their production or my sensibilities. I'm getting burnt out on how often they fall into the same three Trump bits, and they really seem to have stepped up on preemptively making fun of their audience(the "I can already hear those nerds at their keyboards saying Meeh meeh meeh" type stuff). It's just becoming grating. Maybe I need to give them a break for a bit.

I don't know what it is but I've dropped off in listening too. I used to download every episode and enjoy it well enough but now I can barely bring myself to listen to the episodes on movies I've seen.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've also stopped listening to WHM as closely as before, and I don't know why. Rather than being excited about a new episode and listening to it the day of, it's somehow gone to my "I'll listen to it when I listen to it" category.

Doesn't help that the ads are so annoying and for something as awful as Lootcrate. They got their Patreon and the ads at the beginning, that wasn't enough? Every time I listen I think about this sign from the Simpsons:

Yeah those ads are tough. I'll sit through the beginning ads because it's at least usually the 3/4 guys riffing while doing the plug, but I can't stand it when shows just do a cut in the middle of conversation to poo poo an ad read in there. All it means is I have to spend the next 15-20 seconds trying to skip far enough ahead to get past the ad but not too far as to miss any yokes.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

I was literally told that I should by multiple people; "if you like skeptical podcasts, check out BIOOS, and they have a good movie podcast called We Hate Movies if you like it". Yea nope. That being sad if they do these characters and impersonations that I found incredibly unfunny on WHM I can see it really not for me. I find podcasts where the hosts are less themselves are more characters I don't really enjoy.

Mine was about hanging a lantern on the dumbass plot in Cowboys & Aliens.

BIOOS isn't really a spinoff of WHM though, it's one of the four dudes from WHM and another guy unrelated to WHM.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/RsOnBjUMid8?t=4s

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hider in the House doesn't get recommended as much anymore but it's still my favorite.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very nice.

Borat, right?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy wants to gently caress my dog!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao even with the patreon the whm guys are hurting for money bad enough to do ads for dick pills? did i hear that wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats hilarious that that's a regular ad on shows now, whm is the only show i listen to that does ads regularly so this is the first ive heard it