Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SoupyTwist posted:

The latest HDTGM about Vampire's Kiss was really good. If anything, it's worth it for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HEbVrKRF8M

Going to get around to this tomorrow. I can't wait, they haven't done a Cage movie in a while, and I actually think Vampire's Kiss is a really good movie even at the same time being completely bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

piratepilates posted:

Did June even say anything weird on the latest episode about xXx though? I don't remember anything standing out.

I don't remember her saying anything weird, but I loved her very subtle argument about why they should cast a 30-something brunette love interest for Vin Diesel, and her later dismay at his ridiculous 'interview' with that Brazilian woman.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I don't mind the HDTGM live shows like most people seem to, but I do think it's weird when there will be an episode with just Paul and neither Jason nor June.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just catching up on the last few episodes of HDTGM. I loved the Sleepwalkers episode. I think it was the combination of a really bizarre film, Lauren Lapkus being a good fit, and June's desperate attempts to explain away the incest.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Between I Was There Too, High and Mighty, and now HDTGM, I wonder how many other podcasts will do episodes about The Running Man this year.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Let me add that as someone who loved making mock-serious analyses of the Glove of Darth Vader books, I can't wait to jump into both of these Star Wars EU podcasts, too.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SoupyTwist posted:

They play a clip of the commentary where the director says something like "It's great when hot chicks are in movies, especially when they show their breasts." Paul recommends watching the movie and June is not happy.

I think her comment to Paul was something like "We're going to have a talk about this afterwards" and it is not a playful tone.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just caught up on the last four or five HDTGM episodes. On the one hand, Tig Notaro and Stephanie Allyne were absolutely terrible guests. If I had gotten a ticket to that show, I would have been pissed.

On the other hand, Jessica St. Clair is great, both on her own and as the perfect substitute for June.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

She's back in the most recent one and I feel like she was a lot more on the ball and energetic than she's been in a long time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

To be fair to HDTGM, that's not really their fault and it's pretty clear they (and probably most of the Earwolf podcast hosts) were really against it. I think the fact that there's even rotating old episodes available is because Paul Scheer fought hard for that after the initial paywall decision.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

In the latest HDTGM mini-episode, Paul announced they're doing Sky Captain for next week's episode, and he was already poo poo-talking it a lot, saying it was unwatchable, and outright telling listeners not to see it for the episode. I'm not saying it's a great movie, but come on.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

I have tickets to the Aug 17th Largo show of How Did This Get Made. Is hdtgminfo.com the best source for finding out what movie they will be doing?

I feel like they usually post to their Facebook group first. Though I also see updates from that a lot more often than I go to the website.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked the recent HDTGM on the ridiculous-sounding Pavarotti movie. It was just the three of them in front of a live audience and they actually all had good chemistry and jokes with each other. Even some good June/Jason interactions, like her interest in tonsillitis and Jason's quest to join the clean plate club.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Didn't Earwolf do one that's entirely about the Halloween franchise?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Paul Scheer's attempt to segue from talking about Saving Private Ryan to advertising LinkedIn on the latest Unspooled really made me laugh.

Overall I think I like Unspooled better than The Canon (which seems to finally be dead, thankfully) but I still like HDTGM.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked the recent Jaws 3-D episode of HDTGM. It was a return to a studio episode, and it was also just the three hosts with no guest. It's amazing how different a vibe it had compared to the typical run of live audiences, no June, and two or three guests.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I really liked the Space Jam episode of HDTGM, solely for the mental image they created of Michael Jordan's nightmare of being surrounded by silent green figures for weeks on end while filming.

Also, as a millennial, I never liked Space Jam and still don't know how anyone could like such a piece of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked the Ninja III episode of HDTGM, especially as June actually seemed like she was having a genuinely good time for once.